Reply Naruto Guild
Rasengan's English Name? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NachoDude

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:12 pm
Since I already have the movie on DVD, I didn't bother trying real hard to get tickets for the English release, just strolled up and said if they had any tickets, I would go ahead and see it unless there were lots of kids ages 5-9. There wasn't but there also were no tickets. The only reason I went was to see how they weaseled out of Rasengan Did they name it? My friend said they would probably show him charging it, and then it would cut to a dark screen with the words "For your convenience, the good part has been cut from this film" and then it would cut to the bad guy dead. and whenever they say Rasengan, they bleep it with a hinking noise. rofl rofl So, did they say it or not?  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:51 pm
I don't think they renamed the attacks after Sasuke learned Chidori. :shrugs:  

greenyoshieggz

6,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200

Nephite Warrior

Newbie Noob

3,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:31 am
Rasengan in english means Spiraling Sphere, so if they change it to anything in the movie, it'd probably be Spiraling Sphere....but I highly doubt they'll use a different name than Rasengan. It's just too popular of a technique to go around messing with the name  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:45 am
Nephite you forget that it's American dubbers were talking about here, they don't care what it's called as long as they get paid.  

Samurai Senel

Mr._Stabby

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:51 am
Puma D. John
Nephite you forget that it's American dubbers were talking about here, they don't care what it's called as long as they get paid.

Except that they have been overall good with names.

I expect it to be Rasengan. The problem im expectin people to be bitching about is how they pronounce it.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:13 pm
People raised hell because of Itachi's voice actor in episode 30.....so they changed that......they won't screw up one of the top techniques in the series....

I like how they prounouce most the names.....at least the character names....some of them annoy the crap out of me, but overall it's not that bad  

Nephite Warrior

Newbie Noob

3,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200

NachoDude

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:45 pm
I've been pretty certain it's Rasengan. After the release of Uzumaki Chronicles, I went into a coma upon hearing they called it "Power Strike" *shudder* but in other media including the Card game and Ninja Council 4 (3 in America) and Narutimate Hero 2, they seem to be named Rasengan.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:27 pm
They better keep it Rasengan, I've been dying from all the mispronounciations and they way certain things are said. I died twice when Naruto told Haku he was training. You can't say "I'm training" the way he did and use that mouth movement, I've tried. And the way names of people are said make me twitch. I just hope they keep it Rasengan because Spiraling Sphere sounds dumber than all the believe it I've heard out of Naruto's mouth. Sorry if I offended anyone, I have a thing about saying something with the proper accent of the language it originated from so don't mind my thing about the pronounciations. Other than that they've done a good job dubbing so far, it's hard to match your words to the mouth movments of another language and keep it the same meaning.  

Seiryn Arcess Rynthryx

650 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

NachoDude

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:09 pm
Actually, I heard there's a big step forward in the "Lame Catchphrase Elimination Movement" (I made that up): He doesn't say Believe It once during the movie!  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:15 pm
No "believe it"? that's a nice surprise  

Miscellaneous Mentality

Seiryn Arcess Rynthryx

650 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:00 pm
WOOOOHOOOOO!! ^-^ I can watch the movie without twicthing yay.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:18 pm
Dude, I saw the episode last night to see if they say it yet, and they did, but it's pronounced like Sharingan and though I know that's how it's pronounced, I don't like it. Curse you, English TV!  

NachoDude

Nephite Warrior

Newbie Noob

3,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:13 pm
Yes, it's pronounced like 'Ra-Sin-Gone'  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:22 pm
They kept it the same name without butchering the pronunciation. Thats all the im concerned about.  

Mr._Stabby

Nephite Warrior

Newbie Noob

3,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:48 pm
it's not the same as in the japanese version, but it's close enough for me to not hate it^_^ Rasengan has always been my 2nd favorite technique(Sasuke's Dragon Flame Jutsu in episode 30 is still my #1)  
Naruto Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff