Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Net Slum [a guild for .hack fans]

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of the anime/game series, dot hack. 

Tags: dot hack, .hack//sign, .hack//G.U., .hack, skeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiittthhh 

Reply Events and Contests
Design Your Own Grunty Contest [5 slots remaining] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Going to enter?
Yes.
58%
 58%  [ 18 ]
No.
41%
 41%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 31

way to purgatory

Captain

Undead Deadeye

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:24 pm
User Image

CC Corp has just informed you that you have won a contest to create your own Grunty. You and several other randomly selected players have the chance to design your own Grunty and if they like your Grunty enough, your Grunty will actually make it into the game as a rare Grunty. Now, what will it look like? And what will you feed it?

...Okay, that was a crappy scenario. Anyways, in this contest, you are to use one of the templates and make your own Grunty. If your Grunty is selected (as in, it gets the most votes), you win 2,000 gold.

There will be 10 slots and it will be first come, first serve. So the first 10 people who PM me their entries and trades will be entered. Anyone after that will be denied and their trades canceled.

There is also an entry fee of 100 gold. I'd love to make free contests but since I haven't been on in three days, I haven't had the time to earn all that gold. Though I'm covering half of it with my mule's gold. :]

Grunty Template 1 [Facing right] Grunty Template 2 [Facing left]
(You may edit the eye... it's just there so you know where it goes.)

Interested? Follow these steps:

User Image 1. Copy and paste one of the templates into an art program (such as MS Paint [otherwise known as just "Paint"]) and start drawing on the Grunty. You can add pretty much anything to it as long as it is appropriate. You should add some color too.

User Image 2. What does your Grunty need to be fed? Baby Grunties need to be given a certain combination of foods so they grow up to be certain types. Also, what does it end each sentence with? Fill out the following:

Picture:
Grunty's name:
Description (optional):
Sentence ender:
Food combination:

User Image 3. Upload it (using something like ImageShack.org or PhotoBucket.com) and send it to Net Slum Dweller along with the information above (its name, sentence ender... ect.) in a PM titled "Grunty Contest" so I know which contest it's for.

User Image 4. Send Net Slum Dweller a trade with 100 gold titled "Grunty Contest" so I know which contest it's for.

I will then reply to your PM telling you that you're on (or not depending on if you're one of the first ten entries). And I'll accept your trade (or not depending on if you're one of the first ten entries).

When I get all 10 entries, I'll put up the contest and let everyone know. The first to 10 votes wins the 2,000 gold.

If you have any questions, please either post here or PM me. <3

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:09 pm
Um..is it online, or do u have 2 draw it in real life?  

Xtenhis of XV

way to purgatory

Captain

Undead Deadeye

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:52 am
xX_NarutoAngel_Xx
Um..is it online, or do u have 2 draw it in real life?

User Image You can design the grunty (using the templates of course!) using a program on the computer or you can like, print out one of the templates, design it on paper and scan it if you'd like.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:07 pm
yes. i would like to enter. but um...do i send you the money first or the drawing first? Just to know before i start drawing the grunty 3nodding  

lazypockystick109

way to purgatory

Captain

Undead Deadeye

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:12 pm
lazypockystick109
yes. i would like to enter. but um...do i send you the money first or the drawing first? Just to know before i start drawing the grunty 3nodding

User Image You can send them in any order, really. Usually I accept the trade after I get your entry and save it to my computer.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:59 am
well, i'm not that creative, but i look forward to the elections...  

Kuhan Lee

5,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Crimson_Skeith

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:31 am
This sounds like fun!
I'm definitely gonna enter.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:28 am
I'll enter! (I'll send you the fee on monday or tuesday of next week, or maybe tomorrow if I cna get on the computer!)

^^ YAY GRUNTIES!  

BreathLessX
Crew

lazypockystick109

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:37 am
ok i have another question: when you say we need to name the grunty food, um do you know the names of the grunty food? cuz i don't know any grunty food sweatdrop ...now if only i hadn't lost my .hack mutation game sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:53 am
lazypockystick109
ok i have another question: when you say we need to name the grunty food, um do you know the names of the grunty food? cuz i don't know any grunty food sweatdrop ...now if only i hadn't lost my .hack mutation game sweatdrop

User Image Here's a list. :]  

way to purgatory

Captain

Undead Deadeye

lazypockystick109

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:06 am
Pink Plastic Ninja
lazypockystick109

User Image Here's a list. :]

ok thank you so much blaugh i remember these grunty foods 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:42 am
i have drawn the grunty on paint but i have to wait till my friend comes over cause i dont have a photobucket album  

_~Shikamaru I~_

Houou Joushou

5,200 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:23 am
oh cool contest XD I'll enter once I manage to draw a grunty sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:11 pm
I have now come upon a question sweatdrop Does the grunty drawing need to stay within the template or can the drawing come out of the template borders? Ex if I was to draw a hat, does the hat need to be inside the border of the grunty? or can it cover the ears and part of the face? sweatdrop  

Houou Joushou

5,200 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200

lazypockystick109

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:08 pm
what if i sent in my entry but i also sent in a trade but it won't allow me to change the title to Grunty Contest? i keep trying to change it but it won't change...is there anything i should do?  
Events and Contests

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff