Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Hanging out at the mall Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aubrey of the sliver line

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:22 pm
How many of you have actually dressed as goth as possible like I mean almost to the point of over kill and just hung out in a store at the mall for no reason. This weekend i happened to do that I put my black trench on my bad a** boots that I traded my soul for and black lipstick white foundation and black nail polish. So I went in to Hollister and the guy at the counter couldn't take his eyes off me. after about 10 minutes of browsing the store and laughing to myself about all the people looking at me like I'm about to blow the place up...He kicks me out. He says I was loitering and causing a public disturbence So I complyed walked out and laughed my butt off. Have any of you done something similar?  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:42 pm
Nah, I'd rather not do something to incite the irrational hatred of others... but that sounds pretty funny.  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

MortSanglant

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:07 pm
Hanging out at the mall...

...is really lame.

[Especially in ridiculous "goth" garb]

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:12 pm
That was my best friend's birthday present from me to him.

Okay, my friend, he's the kinda guy who wears Abercrombie and Hollister and all those brands and icky clothes I loathe. Our clothing styles couldn't be further apart. Oh well.

So, on his birthday, we went to the mall, him all normal and me gothed out as goth can be: black velvet trench, 5-inch vinyl boots, corset top, makeup, everything. And I stroll into Hollister with my sexy self and purchase him a shirt. But I act like it's for me.

I'm like, "I want this shirt... please." very seriously.

And the guy working there was like "are you... sure? O.o"

Me: "Yes. That will be all."
Him: "That will be thirty-something dollars."
Me: "Indeed" *pull out black studded leather wallet* "Do you take debit?"

He told me the look on the guy's face was worth more than the shirt to him. XD

Simim

5,750 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

_S_P_I_K_E_B_A_N_D

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:23 pm
I2aeth

Okay, my friend, he's the kinda guy who wears Abercrombie and Hollister and all those brands and icky clothes I loathe. Our clothing styles couldn't be further apart. Oh well.

So, on his birthday, we went to the mall, him all normal and me gothed out as goth can be: black velvet trench, 5-inch vinyl boots, corset top, makeup, everything. And I stroll into Hollister with my sexy self and purchase him a shirt. But I act like it's for me.

That's killer.

I think the worst I have ever done:

There was these 3 year old kids on a bench in the mall, so I went and sat next to them. They squirmed alot. I asked them where their mom was and they said in the 'bafrum'. I laughed. Then I said " Guess what? "

and they said "what?"

Me: "I'm the devil"

And the kids ran into the womens bathroom.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:31 pm
Spikeband
I2aeth

That's killer.

There was these 3 year old kids on a bench in the mall, so I went and sat next to them. They squirmed alot. I asked them where their mom was and they said in the 'bafrum'. I laughed. Then I said " Guess what? "

and they said "what?"

You, sir, have given me my lulz for the night.

The most I ever do is party-boy dance behind mall security.

-Isel-

Her Cyanide--

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:00 pm
Spikeband
I2aeth

That's killer.

and they said "what?"

Ahaha that made me laugh out loud. ;o

I wear usually a dress,fishnet stockings,huge vinyl platform boots, a collar and little kids love me. Well unless I said that...than they would probably be scarred for life. O.o;

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:17 am
I work at an arcade at the island's largest mall, and we're generally busy on the weekends. I've gotten some odd looks here and there, but most of the people that come into the arcade make nothing of me already, they've seen me too many times. Occasionally I'll have a little kid or an adult make some comment about my spiked wristbands and jewelery, but it's never negative. (I asked the outer-island tech who's worked for the company for 25 years if he's even seen anybody get away with as many dress code violations as me, and he said no. XD I love that my boss lets me go because I'm too much an asset to the store)

According to the security guards I'm cool with, a few people (Tourists, mostly) have seen me off-work at the mall and asked if I'm allowed to wear all the crap I wear (Most of my spikes are pretty friggin' sharp), which is something I find amusing.

Only time I can think of where I raised the ire of anyone was when the company shipped me to a whole 'nother island to work the store in Kona town. Some tourist saw me on the street before I worked wearing my Bleeding Through shirt (With the words "******** YOU FOREVER" in big bold letters on the back), and stopped and looked at me kinda funny. Later, him and his kids ended up coming into the store when I was working, and he asked me how I could work someplace like this with a shirt like that. I politely reminded him that my job performance was not affected by my wardrobe outside of work. XD  

Soviet_Viking

Delylith

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:06 am
Some of these stories are great.

I don't go to the mall because of how many people are there. I can't go into a crowded place without having a panic attack. I wish I could crying  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:23 am
MortSanglant

...is really lame.

User Image

Well if you don't like it you didn't have to read it!  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:26 am
Soviet_Viking
I work at an arcade at the island's largest mall, and we're generally busy on the weekends. I've gotten some odd looks here and there, but most of the people that come into the arcade make nothing of me already, they've seen me too many times. Occasionally I'll have a little kid or an adult make some comment about my spiked wristbands and jewelery, but it's never negative. (I asked the outer-island tech who's worked for the company for 25 years if he's even seen anybody get away with as many dress code violations as me, and he said no. XD I love that my boss lets me go because I'm too much an asset to the store)

According to the security guards I'm cool with, a few people (Tourists, mostly) have seen me off-work at the mall and asked if I'm allowed to wear all the crap I wear (Most of my spikes are pretty friggin' sharp), which is something I find amusing.

Only time I can think of where I raised the ire of anyone was when the company shipped me to a whole 'nother island to work the store in Kona town. Some tourist saw me on the street before I worked wearing my Bleeding Through shirt (With the words "******** YOU FOREVER" in big bold letters on the back), and stopped and looked at me kinda funny. Later, him and his kids ended up coming into the store when I was working, and he asked me how I could work someplace like this with a shirt like that. I politely reminded him that my job performance was not affected by my wardrobe outside of work. XD

I wish i could get away with dress code violations a work it takes me a couple minutes to find something others don't find offensive.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:34 am
-Resurrected Writer-
I'd rather not do something to incite the irrational hatred of others...

GilAskan
Crew

Mopy McMope

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:40 am
I don't dress any differently than I normally do, but I still get followed around at stores.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:14 am
Shikkyaku Tenshi
MortSanglant

...is really lame.

User Image

I'm sorry but I have to agree with MortSanglant. I've worked at the mall before and can't stand seeing people try to look "uber-goth" just to get attention. If you dress like that all of the time then go you but don't over do it just to freak people out. It really doesn't help our already bad reputation.  

Lady Detarra

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:35 am
Lady Detarra
Shikkyaku Tenshi
MortSanglant

...is really lame.

User Image

I'm sorry but I have to agree with MortSanglant. I've worked at the mall before and can't stand seeing people try to look "uber-goth" just to get attention. If you dress like that all of the time then go you but don't over do it just to freak people out. It really doesn't help our already bad reputation.
You know i don't give a damn what anyone thinks eff reputations...  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff