View Results

0kurohono0

Interesting Prophet

6,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Autobiographer 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:23 pm
hey people i dont know about you but i hear this song a few years ago and a thought just struck me in the song there is a part that goes
"so you call this your free country then tell me why it costs so much to live " and i was just wondering what your views on this is i mean come on if it is a free world/country then why do people look down on the goths or the emos or the stoners we are all people and we deserve to be free right ?????????????????  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:18 pm
KuroHono09
hey people i dont know about you but i hear this song a few years ago and a thought just struck me in the song there is a part that goes
"so you call this your free country then tell me why it costs so much to live " and i was just wondering what your views on this is i mean come on if it is a free world/country then why do people look down on the goths or the emos or the stoners we are all people and we deserve to be free right ?????????????????
Well they consider if you follow thier beliefs your free but if you dont then they are going to change that so thus no you are not free  

Hunter of the Dammed

0kurohono0

Interesting Prophet

6,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Autobiographer 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:29 pm
that makes sence but it doesnt answer the question do we deserve to be free and if not why and if we arent free then why arent we  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:40 pm
KuroHono09
that makes sence but it doesnt answer the question do we deserve to be free and if not why and if we arent free then why arent we
technically the world saying we are free is a lie, second its wrong but society just seems to have a certain need to be controled to some extent. Do we deserve it yes we do  

Hunter of the Dammed

shadowcat715

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:42 am
I read somewhere that it's ironic that we call it a 'free' country, but once you start working, what you wear, when you wake up, what you get paid, etc is dictated by your job--there's no freedom there.

We do deserve liberation; but that liberation can only be to a certain extent, unless we can be trusted to govern ourselves, to live in 'pure freedom'. I suppose we live in 'mixed freedom' where we have an extent of freedom and intervention, much like we have a 'mixed market economy' where we have influences of both private enterprise and government intervention.

People look down on others because they can. They have the freedom to like and dislike what they do. People deserve to be free regardless of who they are, and we are free. We deserve to do things we want, unless someone has wronged you greatly and you feel like stabbing them in the face with your rubber ducky, again, we live in 'mixed freedom'. We have the power to break away and free ourselves, but in the process, society prefers to preserve the status quo, which is why some are looked down upon.

There's more in my rantbox on this topic, but I doubt this post made enough sense. If it does, then that's good. I think that's about all the points I'll make today. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:19 am
it;s free if you dont care about material possesions, life itself is free living can be free as well its just the things you do with life cost money  

xX x0mbie Xx

Stargazer Dante

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:46 pm
i view life as free,i pay no tax XD

alot of people i know do not look down on me,and i do not look down on them(but i very much dislike stoners,i am against drugs).i know alot of people look down on me because the way they look,but who says how they dress is normal and my style isnt.mabye all the goth,emo,punk,scene,metalheads,rivitheads ECT. dress normal and the "normal people"are the odd ones.

besides,i dont care what someone thinks of me,if they dislike how i look and what im into,thats their problem.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:38 pm
all of your comments are great and they have inspired me what you have all said will be taking affect verry soon  

0kurohono0

Interesting Prophet

6,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Autobiographer 200
  • First step to fame 200

Argetlam13

Shirtless Lunatic

7,000 Points
  • Summer Celebrant 150
  • Survivor 150
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 4:29 pm
KuroHono09

You are confuzing freedom and discrimination... You are supposed to have the same rights as everyone else, however, people won't always agree with you, thus they don't try to understand you...  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 4:31 pm
true when you confuse one thing with another than how are we going to ever know if you know what we are talking about  

0kurohono0

Interesting Prophet

6,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Autobiographer 200
  • First step to fame 200

Laharl Part Deux

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 6:43 pm
Life, in it's rawest sense is free. What binds us is desire, and our own thoughts.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 6:47 pm
They only call America a free country because it has the Bill of Rights, which has rights in it that other countries don't have, like the Freedom of Speech. But when it comes to actually living in America, it is most definitly not free. The only free part of life is being able to think our own thoughts without others forcing us to think a certain thing. Think "inalienable rights".  

Tari_Leralonde

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:06 pm
Laharl Part Dux
Life, in it's rawest sense is free. What binds us is desire, and our own thoughts.

To add, there are also competition and oppression which are binding forces.
It's sad that there are limits.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:16 pm
Yeah, we do deserve to be free, but we aren't.  

deathcomes_onsilentwings

0kurohono0

Interesting Prophet

6,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Autobiographer 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:46 pm
life is not free but neither is death  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items