Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Mission Falls Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

knitting_needle_ninja

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:46 am
So some of you guys might have read my journal, and seen that I am working for CNS Yarns/Mission falls this summer. I'm the youngest person here, and also the only knitter/crocheter. They know the industry side of it, marketing and all that, but I want to know what you guys, the knitters, the crocheters, the "hookers" if you will, what do you think about the yarn, the patterns, etc? What do you think needs changed? What do you like? Have you ever even heard of them? Tell me!  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:28 am
I love mission falls! The yarn is perfect the way it is. The patterns are a little... erm... on the frumpy side, but I could care less about their patterns.

I'm a merino lust-bunny.  

Catcheen
Crew

knitting_needle_ninja

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:24 am
Thanks! I have to agree with you on the patterns (don't tell my boss I said that). I guess they have a decent following though.

I wish I could say something right now, but I think I might get in trouble for giving away a company secret. Just...um...keep your eye on the merino come August. ninja

Spicy wildflowers by the granite seashore. ninja  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:47 pm
Ooo, I will!  

Catcheen
Crew

knitting_needle_ninja

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:24 pm
Only one person?  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:30 pm
I never heard of them until I started stalking your journal. I'll have to look into them though. Are they wide spread, or only at certian shops?  

Silver Sunrise

ForestGreen

Green Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:32 am
I've never heard of them until now either, but they sound worth looking into.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:24 am
I think that most LYS style shops carry them, but not chain stores like Michael's or JoAnn. I know that all the shops in my area carry their product, though I can't say I'd ever used it before. I like working with varrigated yarn, and everything that's currently on the market is solids, though the colors are very pretty.  

knitting_needle_ninja

Silver Sunrise

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:03 pm
I found the Mission Falls website to see if they were sold locally. They are, and the LYS I go to. Though I go more for interaction with knitters/"hookers" than to buy yarn. gonk I can't afford $12 skiens of yarn right now. gonk But anyway, I am going to check out the M.F. yarn next time I'm there. biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:22 pm
I know that for me, they were a little pricey. $5 a skane, and they're fairly small skanes. Most of the sweaters take at least ten balls, which is one of the reasons I had never used it before. I'm hoping I can maybe wrangle some free samples, but so far I'm not sure.  

knitting_needle_ninja

Silver Sunrise

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:39 pm
knitting_needle_ninja
I know that for me, they were a little pricey. $5 a skane, and they're fairly small skanes. Most of the sweaters take at least ten balls, which is one of the reasons I had never used it before. I'm hoping I can maybe wrangle some free samples, but so far I'm not sure.
And when you're a budget crafter, $5 skeins are a luxuary(sp?) that usually doesn't happen. Hopefully I can come up with some more patterns (or get permission from pattern designers to use their patterns for retail use) and some other crafty things (needle/hook holders stitch markers ect.) and I can start selling my crafts to pay for my yarn addiction. xd >_> Eep I hijacked your thread there. Umm back on topic, maybe when I'm making money on crafts I can afford some MF yarn. The colors for the cotton (that was on the site anyway) look like some would work well for my amigurumi projects. biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:52 pm
I really love the bright colors in the cotton, and I have to try really hard to keep sample skanes from "falling" into my purse when I'm at work. The merino is very pretty too, but I have a bit of a wool allergy. The fine merino stuff doesn't bother me as much, but it's still not my first choice. I might have to break down and get some of the [censored to protect Nina's job and reputation] that's coming out this fall, though, because two of the colors are just so pretty!  

knitting_needle_ninja

greyyy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:17 am
honestly, i hadn't heard of mission falls before i read your post, so i went to the company's website. the yarns look nice, and i really love the great selection of colors. i definitely want to check out the yarn in person, but i know that'll tempt me to actually buy it, and i can't really afford expensive yarn right now.... but i'm getting off-track here (sorry). i looked through the mission falls patterns, and i liked some of the designs. unfortunately, i'm a crocheter, not a knitter. do you think the company might consider making some crochet patterns one day?  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:31 am
I know that there are a few patterns for crochet, but I think there were only about two, mixed in with the knitting books. I know the main target consumer is knitters. Honestly, it's all up to the designer. They don't give her a theme or anything, she just sends in a box of samples in the fall.  

knitting_needle_ninja

knitting_needle_ninja

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:54 am
whee I heard about two more products that will be out in the next year, maybe two.  
Craftin'

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff