Welcome to Gaia! ::

Legion of Helpers

Back to Guilds

Help for new Members and Friends for those who have been here for years a place to call home! 

Tags: Help, Friends, Contests, Quest, RolePlay 

Reply Arts (Writing, drawing, Commission services and more!)
What do you think? ^^ [UPDATED!] Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NOBODY MOVE!
...I dropped me brain.
67%
 67%  [ 53 ]
...This thing's loaded.
32%
 32%  [ 26 ]
Total Votes : 79

kyangfan

2,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:47 pm
Hello everyone... I would just like to know what people generally think of the quality of my artwork, and I'd appreciate it if you'd give me your honest opinion and assessment. 3nodding

*NOTE*: To save time wasted in excessive scrolling, the oldest forty or so artworks I made will appear as links instead of images. I hope this will also give a better idea of my current abilities, as well.

(If links are troublesome, they are all displayed as images in my journal anyway.)
-

wahmbulance NEW! wahmbulance
User Image
A contest entry for SweetGnarf.

User Image
For -Rayn_Romance-. WOOT I FINALLY UPDATED. How 'bout that? *shakes head in bemusement*

User Image
For -Rayn_Romance-. Simple, red and black and music notes biggrin

User Image
For Birdman3000, formerly Adam_U149. The hair in this one is different from most others I've had, so it was a nice challenge... machete was fun too. Mmm...

User Image
For Itoshii Hime, formerly LuckPrincess. I'm not that good at roses, so I used a photo of one for a background. sweatdrop Guess I should work on that...

User Image
For Supasonic78. The avis are usually very similar, but I like how this one's hair came out... tried something a little different.

User Image
For full-moon16, of her in real life. I tried my best to capture her as in the photos, and added a background as well. ^^

User Image
For Vulpus, with her V for Vendetta-esque avi. 3nodding

User Image
For BandNerdsRHot. I forgot to post this last time. sweatdrop

User Image
For Hud Aron, aka pacountryboy on dA. The dragon plush has become large! xd

User Image
For YellowRibbons, one of my watchers on dA. I like the Violin! ^^

User Image
For full-moon16 and her bf Dragon_Seiya. I like this pose; it's something a little different than what I've tried before, and still manages to convey what it should.. heart

User Image
For tacos rule2, of him and his sister BandNerdsRHot. The blue of the Faustos came out not as smooth as I would have wished, but I like the look of the picture overall. ^^

User Image
For Emily_Bemily, and frankly I think this is my best one yet. When it was done, the Grunny nearly made me cry from pure squeeness. sweatdrop Grunny emoticon bubble (c) me. xd Whole pic below...
User Image

User Image
For Emily_Bemily, who asked for a headshot... but who got a whole body as well, because I got carried away. sweatdrop Below is the entire pic...
User Image

User Image
For [ a c e ], of her and and her boyfriend. It was meant to be a bit of the 'lovemeldingintoone' intertwined type things, and though there was some problems with finding just the right pose I think it came out okay.

User Image
Gift art for koromyst, that I have been so long in finishing... though more than half of the items are missing/tweaked, hopefully 'twill be liked. ^^

User Image
For Teh Godfather. This one is different in that it was originally a tiny doodle on lined paper in one of my school notebooks, but when no other sketch would cooperate I fell back on this one. Considering things, I think it's okay.

User Image
For thunderfang_rentoraa. Sigh... the slime keychain and the heart are my favorites. The muscled surfer look isn't bad either, for a person who's never seen a shirtless guy like that in her life... sweatdrop

User Image
A colored (finally I did it!) gift avi art for 70v3n, aka Len, with the falson that I have neglected for the last three pictures. Next will be Koro's and my own.

User Image
For -Lady-V3nd3tta-. I think I left out the snowflakes, but the blue tone was an improvement... very happy with the blueyness. biggrin

User Image
For neoxis44. A nice normalish one, but I enjoyed drawing it all the same. Finished it pretty quickly too, which was a plus. xd

User Image
For xxstratus_affectionxx, of her three adorable daughters. heart Because I took so long on it (december arrow february sweatdrop ) it became a gift instead.

User Image
Repost, with Coco and gills added. "LOOK AT MY GLOWY YELLOW EYES AND TELL ME YOU DON'T LOVE ME." heart

User Image
A gift sketch for Len, who drew me and koro spontaneous avi arts! Thankies Len... and someday I will draw you a good falcon. ^^

User Image
For tacos rule2, a cool black-themed avi. I think that this one overall just makes me squee... Pygmalion and Galatea, and all that. heart

User Image
My first in a long time... for Xayne Bentley. I'm quite happy with all the blue, esp. the hair and the pixie. heart

User Image
My rendition of Malcolm Raine, kobold505's OC. ^^

User Image
HAPPY NEW YEAR 2008! From left to right: Czarinas Knife, kyangfan (me), 70v3n, koromyst, and Bellabie. Also, a belated xmas present.

User Image
Second half of dream avi art for BandNerdsRHot. I drew another version of this, actually... but I liked this one better. The dragon tattoo and the glasses were the most interesting to complete... ^^

User Image
First half of dream avi art for BandNerdsRHot. At first I was bogged down a little by the white, but then I realized "That's what shadow is for!" mrgreen It looks a little like the fox is worried about the laptop falling, (so says sis stare ) but pishposh, I like it all the same.

User Image
The other half of art for the_black_stranger (first half below): her dream avi (minus the falcon).

User Image
Art for the_black_stranger. An art contest/request... the other half above (once I get it up sweatdrop )

User Image
B-day present for Bella, made on artpad and printscreened (because it wouldn't save... grr.). Not avi art, just art. 3nodding

User Image
For Adam_U149, his Halloween avi. Dear goodness, it took me a long time... sweatdrop I really like how it came out though, and even though my chainsaws look a little funny I guess they're plausible. ^^

User Image
For Xayne Bentley. "By Saturday... and it has to be good" was the command... and I only hope I managed to deliver. wink EDIT: The version without the cigar is in my journal. "And remember kids, smokin's bad..." (Although admittedly here it makes him look bad-a** sweatdrop )

User Image
A little humorous art piece I did for 70v3n, or Len. ^^ Even though I made some booboos (the autumn scarf with leaves, for example), I think this one has quite a bit of potential. Maybe I should start a little drabble-fest... idea

User Image
For -Lady-V3nd3tta-, formerly Kitsune_Kiira__x. Manohman, I slaved on this one for weeks... gonk I like the cerberus though... either the one on the top or the bottom left is my favorite head. ^^

User Image
The colored version of a picture I drew for koromyst, who indulges my passion for her dragonlings... xd Thankies koro!

User Image
For xomileyox1997. As with the one below, I tried to add more texture to my coloring-- hopefully to develop it further. The grunny is my happy point this time, with its glare of evil doom... whee

User Image
For BandNerdsRHot. Let's just say I'm very, very happy with how this one came out... See the chicky? TEH CHICKY ES MINE! xd

User Image
For full-moon16, whose avis somehow always manage to bring out the inner "relaxed/casual" artist in me. ^_^ And look, a background!

User Image
For -Lady-V3nd3tta-, formerly Kitsune_Kiira__x. This was a "CHALLENGE" piece (as I fondly dubbed it), because it took me an absurdly long time to finish it, not to mention that previously I tend to shy away from battle-ready poses. sweatdrop I really like it though, and even though it may be a bit page-stretchy, keep in mind the original was like 4x bigger. mrgreen

[x] For 70v3n, in thanks for the lovely pic he drew for me! 3nodding

[x] For Supasonic78. This was finished under the influence of a bad cold, so it might be a little iffy in places, I can't tell at this point *sniffle*. First white dragon I've done so far, and very hard to get right. Think I'm going to go lie down now... @_@;;

[x] For Adam_U149. I found this one rather aethetically pleasing, and on that initial bubbly wave of enthusiasm (as well as the light homework load from Homecoming week) finished this one in a couple of days. mrgreen

[x] For -Blitzkrieg Wehrmacht-, formerly known as Athyria n_n. I put this on the black background for a better visual effect, and I think it looks better than the white one (posted in journal). All in all, I'm pleased with how it came out, the wig was a brute to get right... xd

[x] For Czar Liece, in thanks for her avi art. ^^ It's a bit sketchy... and the fan is a tad off, but I was experimenting with poses and overall I think it came out well.

[x] For Kitsune_Kiira__x, formerly Kitsune_Ninja__x. One of my best/favorite ones yet... probably has something to do with the amount of time I had to put into making it right. lol heart EDIT: The altered coco version here:[x]

[x] For Dragon_Seiya, commissioned through full-moon16. He's supposed to be cleaning his sword, I don't know if it's clear enough... my coloring's a little rusty because of school delays but I think it's still okay. ^^

[x] For punkett_459. The special points with this one include the hair and the shadow spirit (which me sis thinks looks like a evil cross between a Pillsbury doughboy and a Poliwhirl) and although I think the shackle chain could be improved, I like it all the same.

[x] Couple art for Kitsune_Ninja__x and her hubby, K1T0S (think I spelt it right?). This was a particularly specific one, and I was glad to have the opportunity to try out that awesome new hairdo.

[x] For Bellabie. ^_^ The skulls remind me of those little candy skulls on cinco de mayo in Mexico. Yum...

[x] For Kitsune_Ninja__x, formerly Fox-Ninja-Skyler. I love this one-- the pose came out better than I hoped it would. biggrin EDIT: Version 2, a little more modest... ^_^

[x] The second couple I've done art for: AthyRia n_n and mills n_n. The tagline is what I tried to make the aura of, and I hope I succeeded. heart

[x] For kiwisrock. Dragon, flame, book... I like this one, but I think it could have been better if I knew how to make the creepy darkness-fade-from-red background I wanted to add...

[x] For Miyaka Takashi. This is actually the first with this hairstyle I've done so far, and I like the look. biggrin It's a little blurry, but oh well, I think it's cute. ^^

[x] For xokeraxo. The Gift of the Goddess made this one hard to color, and I think I got the hues a little more pinky-purple than the real thing. Still, I'm happy I managed to finish it, esp. as school's kicking my tail.

[x] Ever had one of those days when you just want to draw dragons? xd This wasn't really on my immediate to-do list, but I decided to take a break and try something that didn't require extensive coloring. (Although it'd look nice, I think.) The eyes remind me of Halloween... ninja

[x] For thunderfang_rentoraa. The best part of this one, I think, is the Gwee and the flames. While we all agree the Flame Shirt is very cheap to wear in the arenas, in avi art it can be quite cool-looking. mrgreen

[x]My 3rd commission for DanteBringerOfChaos. (2nd not pictured for very good reasons) Why two avis would be wearing very little in cold-night-freezy-temperatures is beyond me, and the background... sigh. Last in this lifetime, if I can help it...

[x] For danielly55555, her RP character. I like this one, but for some reason it reminds me of a very feminized dominatrix version of Sasuke... Let's not think about that...

[x] For BandNerdsRHot. It seems a little less neat edgewise than some of my other ones, now I look at it, but I love the expression on her face and in her eyes. Oh, and the vest of pinstripey Doom. heart

[x] For neoxis44. I don't think the cloak was FWOOSHy enough, since he's supposed to be flinging it behind him to the left... but I like his pose. My sweet sister thinks his eyes are creepy, but then again she thought "black eyes" had the other meaning...

[x] For Okashii3. I was very much afraid it wasn't sufficiently tan as requested, but I liked how it came out anyway. ^^ EDIT: I'm sorry it didn't come out as it should have, Okashii... Please forgive me. [x] Version II, with the correct hair. Me sis says it looks more Asian this way... ^^

[x] For full-moon16. I just realized I accidentally put the hyphen in the wrong place in the pic, but oh well. I think of this one as my coffee girl. See? All brown and cozyish. 3nodding

[x] My first Gaian couple pic! heart I like this version with the fancy edits, so it's the one I'm posting. For DanteBringerOfChaos and DeathFoxEaterOfSouls.

[x] For Omnipotent1, now Okibi-kun, who loves kitties. My sis does too, and that's why there are two. xd Not to mention that I wanted to make a (kinda) corny pun for once...

[x] Another one for Supasonic78, essentially the same with modifications. The angel wings (literally the Angel Bow, but figuratively served its purpose) and Sun Staff were difficult, but I like how they ended up.

[x] Sketch for Kakashi_of_Wind. As with Krusadin's, I went for an ethereal ghosty-feel here, and my only regret is that it might have come out a little too light in the end. Ah, well...

[x] For La Wolf King. Simply put... I love this one. I really do. 4laugh

[x] For Ramra the Destroyer. I have one thing to say about this one: RED SIZZLY ARMOR. Even though me sis thinketh the scorpion tail is funny and not realistic, one cannot ignore the RED SIZZLY ARMOR. ...Even though it was a pain to get it right, it turned out better than I expected.

[x] For Supasonic78... not very colorful, but VERY difficult to color well. ^^;; Armor and scythe took quite a bit of work, but it came out pretty well, considering.

[x] This is for ananabelle. I was going to go for a beach walk kind of feel, but backgrounds are not my forte and I figured it'd distract from the figure itself. Besides, I think it looks cute the way it is. whee

[x] For kyosohma78. I wasn't so pleased with how the pants came out, per se, but the head, torso and kitty were satisfying. ^_^ I need to draw more animals...

[x] Currently getting into an artsy-lettering-and-animals phase... and even though it was line art I added some gray to set off the fox a little. ^^ Drawn for Fox-Ninja-Skyler. [EDIT: this is version two, with a digitally-added sword.]

[x] A very ethereal (IMHO) and CG-effect-ful one... I was listening to the Romeo et Juliette soundtrack at the time and this is what I got. ^^;; Drawn for Krusadin!

[x] This is my first anthromorphic (?) avi art (or any art in general) that I've done.. This was for Wacram Glaziuz, as a sort of white-tiger take on her avi.

[x] For BandNerdsRHot... I had to cut out the lyre because I couldn't figure out where to put it, but otherwise I like this one. *coughfireflowercough*

[x] Sporty avi sketch for my friend walsmk2.

[x] Entry of my current avi for neon blue penguin's contest... It's a little sketchy... but I like it, if only for the angel wing tattoo (which I will get... maybe soon).

[x] This one is for tilbear's friend, Luckprincess... It took a long time, mainly because I'm interning from 8-4:30 these days.

[x] This one took about 3-4 days to complete... but I'm rather proud of how it came out. This was of tilbear's dream avi.

[x] This is a little doodle I drew and colored via computer, based on my own avatar.

[x] This was an entry for an avi art contest that dronze held. It's a bit rough...

I worked hard on these, so please don't steal... I don't know if you would want to, but don't in any case... sad  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:34 pm
It looks really cool could you draw one of me  

Gaara89r

Blueberry Toast

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:34 am
Oh, Wow. ^^ You do very good art. I don't think I can really have a say until my art improves. eek But I like your style! Your lines look very neat and based on your art you must have a fairly steady hand. blaugh heart Wish I could do that!  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:16 pm
these are good, could you draw me?  

Future_Rockstar_2007

kyangfan

2,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:30 pm
Future_Rockstar_2007
these are good, could you draw me?

If you want I can try... but only if you're interested. PM me if you are, and then we can discuss it. ^^;;  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:41 am
the first one's details are real good and the second one's coloring is nicely done...i think you're pretty good smile  

RGaijin

JoeStrumer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:23 am
Asome I think your a step a head of me in drawing but inm working on it when im ready i want you to daw me ( Still nedd katana sun hat and kimono) ninja biggrin smile 3nodding xd question mrgreen  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:58 am
nice!!!!! those are pretty awsome profile pics. i esp. like the black and white one! are you going to post a front view pic? i'd really like to see smile  

kiyamasho

panda but

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:33 pm
eek woah.... *envious of ur drawing skillz*
=P  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:13 pm
daaaaaaaaaang...... O.O
ur pretty good!!! i wish i had that kinf of patiants.......whoa....  

kitty_kat_plushie

kyangfan

2,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:55 pm
List of People who commissioned Avi Art:
1) Demonic Twisted Soul: Finished! Awaiting response and payment... sweatdrop (Actually, I'm thinking I'm never going to get them...)
2) tilbear: Finished!
3) Doctor000Domo: Finished!
4) Luckprincess: Finished!
5) walsmk2: Finished!
6) BandNerdsRHot: Finished!
7) Wacram Glaziuz: Finished!
8.) Krusadin: Finished! Special case.
9) ananabelle: Finished!
10) Fox-Ninja-Skyler: Finished!
11) kyosohma78: Finished!
12) Supasonic78: Finished!
13) Ramra the Destroyer: Finished!
14) La Wolf King: Finished!
15) Supasonic78: Finished!
16) Omnipotent1: Finished!
17) Kakashi-of-Wind: Finished!
18.) DanteBringerofChaos: Finished!
19) full-moon16: Finished!
20) Okashii3: Finished!
21) neoxis44: Finished!
22) BandNerdsRHot: Finished!
23) DanteBringerOfChaos: Finished!

Ones I will get to in extended period because of School sweatdrop :

24) xokeraxo (finished! heart Awaiting response and payment...)
25) thunderfang_rentoraa (finished! heart )
26) danielly55555 (finished! heart )
27) Dragon_Seiya (finished! heart )
28.) Miyaka Takashi (finished! heart )
29) xxFlightlessAngelxx (scanned!)
30) DanteBringerOfChaos (finished! heart )
31) kiwisrock (finished! heart )
32) Kyriod (?)

33) koromyst: Finished! blaugh Special case, and technically #32. mrgreen

NEW!! arrow
34) AthyRia n_n: Finished! blaugh
35) Kitsune_Ninja__x: Finished! blaugh
36) Kitsune_Ninja__x: Finished! blaugh
37) Bellabie: Finished! blaugh Special case, like koromyst.
38.) Kitsune_Kiira__x: Finished! blaugh
39) punkett_459: Finished! blaugh
40) -Blitzkrieg Wehrmacht-: Finished! blaugh
41) Kitsune_Kiira__x: arrow CHALLENGE. twisted finished! blaugh
42) Czar Liece: Finished! blaugh Special case, like Bellabie.
43) Supasonic78: Finished! blaugh
44) Adam_U149: Finished! blaugh
45) full-moon16: Finished! blaugh
46) BandNerdsRHot: Finished! blaugh
47) 70v3n: Finished! blaugh Technically #45.
48.) -Lady-V3nd3tta-: Finished! blaugh
49) xomileyox1997: Finished! blaugh
50) Adam_U149: Finished! blaugh
51) BandNerdsRHot: Finished! blaugh
52) BandNerdsRHot: Finished! blaugh
53) koromyst: Finished! blaugh Colored gift art!
54) Xayne Bentley: Finished! blaugh
55) 70v3n: Finished! blaugh New avi gift art!
56) xxstratus_affectionxx
57) Bellabie: Finished! blaugh Birthday present.
58.) Xayne Bentley: Finished! blaugh Awaiting response and payment...
59) xomileyox1997: Waiting for go-ahead
60) the_black_stranger: Finished! blaugh Art contest/request.
61) -Lady-V3nd3tta-
62) Art Group Happy New Year Present!: Finished! blaugh
63) tacos rule2: Finished! blaugh
64) kobold505: Finished! blaugh OC rendition.
65) 70v3n: Finished! blaugh Thankyou avi gift art!

Wacram Glaziuz: If I finish this list, another art shall be done! 3nodding Although at this rate I'm really wondering if I'll have the time before school starts... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 5:33 pm
I think it seems to fit. Even your mistakes seem to be not that drastic and blend in. What medium or mediums did you use to draw both of those?  

lanceknightmare

Intermediate Member

8,000 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Statustician 100

pwner_4_life

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:18 am
whoa you could put that in arenas and i`d vote 10/10!  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:01 am
I like the way your characters look: Expressionate, showing a personality.

Woah, tilbear!  

Krusadin

Arts (Writing, drawing, Commission services and more!)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games