Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
Torture Text Talkers? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you believe you are a Grammar Nazi?
  Yes.
  No.
View Results

Flan De Leche

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:17 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I want need my OMG. Help?

Honestly, I wouldn't want to torture a text talker. No matter what you do, they will always be like that.
Plus, they aren't worth my time.

Another thing to discuss:

How many people have you seen in this guild that diss us and call us Grammar Nazis? [Although some people here are]

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 6:11 pm
I am.  

Venat the Undying

Desann4

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:15 pm
Yeah, same here. I'm picky with those I talk to, almost always rejecting people who even use 'U' for You or 'R' for Are.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:51 pm
I tend to avoid them as much as I can, but I don't make it a point to torture them. It's just a waste of my time and effort.  

Zealot of Insanity

Ruzique

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:16 pm
Zealot of Insanity
I tend to avoid them as much as I can, but I don't make it a point to torture them. It's just a waste of my time and effort.

Same. We can't teach the unteachable. It's....meaningless.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:56 pm
I honestly thought that it was a compliment to be called a Grammar Nazi. I've never really considered myself one, however. I'm not as a**l about 'text talk' as most of the other grammarians. Sometimes, I even forget proper capitalization.  

EMOSWAK

Artwra

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:36 pm
The only method of illiterate-torture that I condone, and in fact practice, is the habit of typing out ludicrously long posts for them to read. It also helps, to an extent, to clear them out of roleplay threads.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:51 pm
I don't come to the Guild much, so I wouldn't know.
You could say I'm completely clueless.

On another note:
I'm a retired Grammar Nazi.
I was a n00b, then a Troll, then a Grammar Nazi, and now I'm just stalked by people.
So, just, Oh My Gaia.

Emilem

Quotable Dabbler

6,650 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Generous 100
  • Big Tipper 100

Kairi_12

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:51 pm
It's upsetting when people do that. I hate it. I twitch. xp But I don't tell them they can't use it, just don't do it around me or I'll duct tape your mouth closed. biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 2:05 am
I wouldn't go as far as torturing people because they have bad grammar, because, hey... half of my friends type with bad grammar so I can't be real a**l about those little details. But I try to help them out a bit. Other than my friends It really doesn't bugg me much that others can't spell right. It's their problem not mine.  

Ch0mba W0mba

MadnessFreak

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 4:27 am
Never have I seen such pathetic bullshit. To post a torture method for somebody with bad grammar is simply 'roleplay' of a sort, another way to vent frustration and annoyance towards said people with bad grammar. If you honestly mean what you say then seriously, I know an institution that will suit you just fine. If you think this is 'extreme' or 'cruel' then you've had an overextended stay in ponyland. Learn to seperate what is fun and what somebody generally means. It's like the Jeff Weise thing, everybody went to look at 'Target Practice' because the events were similar to the school shooting he carried out. Looking through the review archives somebody found a reply to a review:

'Lol, you obviously can't tell the difference between Fantasy and reality. This cartoon was made for nothing more than Random violence, and believe it or not theres an audience out there that this appeals to. So don't try judging my Mental health based upon a simple animation, capisce?'

One thing does not neccesarily (I think I spelled that wrong) lead to another.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:41 pm
I agree completely! Torturing "Txt" Talkers is a insignificant usage of time.  

Sweet Blushes

Dreaming in the Theatre

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:08 am
I'm naturally a very mellow person; it takes a lot to rile me to the point of violence.

Personally, I consider myself a Grammar Nazi because I judge people based on the grammar they use online.

...That's a type of, uh. Racism (...grammarism? xD), right?

At any rate, it seems to me that people who do try to use proper grammar tend to have higher intelligence or depth.

And people who come in here to tell us we're Grammar Nazis are pretty...Well, they have no lives. It's not like we're promoting gassing all those who improperly use "your" in the stead of "you're." If anything at all, all we do is ignore those who type in TXT-TLK, and that's just being elitist.

...Though one can argue an elitist can be a Nazi.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:49 am
Personally, I think that torturing them is pointless and stupid. I like to do it in my posts, just to blow off some steam when I'm angry, but that doesn't mean I'll go through with it. Well... maybe to the guy that killed my best friend...  

Psychotic Daizy Dukes

O.G. Gekko

Winter Nightroad

Newbie Entrepreneur

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:39 am
I know I'm not a grammar nazi. But text talk is hard for me to understand so it is annoying. Torturing people who use it is pointless and stupid. Although I do like correcting some of their posts. biggrin  
Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff