Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
I feel bad for Rei... Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

s o m n i p h o b i c

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:28 pm
I mean because of the whole "destiny" she
gave up her boyfriend for Bunnys sake...
well do you know what I'm sick of Bunny
and her big headed cry-babyness...

Does anyone else feel bad for Rei or
are very annoyed by Bunny???

(edit) Also I hate that Bunny gets everything
just because she's Sailor Moon

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:59 pm
Er, no.

Rei never "gives up her boyfriend." If you read the manga, there's a place in it where Rei makes (or remembers making; I can't remember which now) a vow of chastity to Princess Serenity. She doesn't like men. In the manga, she and Mamoru were never together. Nor was she dating any other man. The manga, since it came first, is canon in the strictest sense. It came from Naoko Takeuchi directly. While the anime is still canon, there are differences between it and the anime.

If you don't like Usagi, sweet, that's fine. Write a fanfiction about one of the others or something. But I don't quite see where you're coming from when you say she "gets everything" because she doesn't. Frankly, of all the senshi, I think she got stuck with the worst life.  

o c e a n filled

Eloquent Phantom

mistress_hydro

7,200 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Team Edward 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:29 pm
yeah, i think rei is ok with the whole protecting the moon princess thing. i think that usagi is more important to rei than guys anyway.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:10 pm
ShadedGray
Er, no.

Rei never "gives up her boyfriend." If you read the manga, there's a place in it where Rei makes (or remembers making; I can't remember which now) a vow of chastity to Princess Serenity. She doesn't like men. In the manga, she and Mamoru were never together. Nor was she dating any other man. The manga, since it came first, is canon in the strictest sense. It came from Naoko Takeuchi directly. While the anime is still canon, there are differences between it and the anime.

If you don't like Usagi, sweet, that's fine. Write a fanfiction about one of the others or something. But I don't quite see where you're coming from when you say she "gets everything" because she doesn't. Frankly, of all the senshi, I think she got stuck with the worst life.

Excuse you, miss.

She was talking about the anime. Not the manga.
And yes. Rei did give up her boyfriend for Usagi
because of their destiny and the way she felt for him.

If she wants to talk about the manga,
then you can come and bash her.
Unfortunately for you, she's not talking about
the manga, and you were rude to Chibi for no reason.

Chibi was correct. In the anime, Rei has to give up
the boy she's dating for Usagi.

And you didn't have to criticize her opinion, either.
She simply said a lot of credit goes
to Usagi, even after the sailors all risk their lives for her,
because she's Sailor Moon/Princess Serenity.
I mean, the series isn't called Sailor Mars, now is it?
She's just saying that Usagi is given a lot of credit, and the
scouts deserve as much as she gets.
Chibi never said who had the worst life, destiny, etc.
She was just talking about who is recognized the most, and that
it kind of annoys her.

Plus, in the series you see
several Newspaper articles on Sailor Moon.
What about Mercury? Saturn? Jupiter? Pluto?
Uranus? What about the rest of the scouts?
No, they just talk about Sailor Moon.

zombiemoof

o c e a n filled

Eloquent Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:19 pm
Wow. I didn't intend to be rude at all, so there's no need to take my head off. I understand she was talking about the anime, however, I was merely pointing out that in the more canonical manga, Rei didn't give up a boyfriend. But I never once attacked or bashed her. In my post, there was no direct attack against Chibi. I didn't rip on her in the least, nor did I criticize her opinion. I even said it's fine that she doesn't like Usagi. Granted, that might have seemed glib, but it wasn't meant to be.

To me, it doesn't matter that Sailor Moon is given more focus, just like I don't care that Sesshoumaru isn't in every episode of Inuyasha despite the fact that I think he should get more credit. I simply pointed out fact: Sailor Moon is the title character. If she wants to give another senshi more time in the limelight, she should write a fanfiction, and I mean that earnestly, not in the least bit contemptuously.

And if she feels in anyway personally attacked by what I said, she can tell me, and I'll apologize.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:24 pm
dark_angel71
yeah, i think rei is ok with the whole protecting the moon princess thing. i think that usagi is more important to rei than guys anyway.

Umm if you read my post instead of ShadedGray's
you would notice that I wasn't saying I feel bad for
Rei because she has to protect Bunny...I said I feel
bad because she has to give up Mamoru just because
Bunny likes him and it is her destiny to marry him...
Now I find that very unfair! I mean if I had to give
up my boyfriend that I still loved against my will I
would be pretty pissed and sad...

Yes Bunny is most likley more important to Rei than
guys but that isn't what I was saying...if people will
post their debates on my first post instead of people
that just randomly come on and bash me that would
be greatly appreciated.

s o m n i p h o b i c

zombiemoof

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:39 pm
ShadedGray
Wow. I didn't intend to be rude at all, so there's no need to take my head off. I understand she was talking about the anime, however, I was merely pointing out that in the more canonical manga, Rei didn't give up a boyfriend. But I never once attacked or bashed her. In my post, there was no direct attack against Chibi. I didn't rip on her in the least, nor did I criticize her opinion. I even said it's fine that she doesn't like Usagi. Granted, that might have seemed glib, but it wasn't meant to be.

To me, it doesn't matter that Sailor Moon is given more focus, just like I don't care that Sesshoumaru isn't in every episode of Inuyasha despite the fact that I think he should get more credit. I simply pointed out fact: Sailor Moon is the title character. If she wants to give another senshi more time in the limelight, she should write a fanfiction, and I mean that earnestly, not in the least bit contemptuously.

And if she feels in anyway personally attacked by what I said, she can tell me, and I'll apologize.

XDHon, I've been at her house
all day.
Thats why we've been taking turns online.

She was really upset when she was that post of yours.
YES she did feel you were attacking her, I quote Chibi,
"Why do these people have to bash me???", unquote.

And if you were 'merely pointing it out'
you wouldnt have said
"Er, no." to her opinion.

She was correct as it was

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:21 am
Wicked Chibiusa
I mean because of the whole "destiny" she
gave up her boyfriend for Bunnys sake...
well do you know what I'm sick of Bunny
and her big headed cry-babyness...

Does anyone else feel bad for Rei or
are very annoyed by Bunny???

(edit) Also I hate that Bunny gets everything
just because she's Sailor Moon

(Quoted so that no one things I'm referring to any other post)

"gave up her boyfriend for Bunnys sake..."

Ok, Mamo and Rei had I think maybe 2 dates throughout the entire anime. Two dates doesn't make them boyfriend and girlfriend so how did she give up her boyfriend. If you go off of the anime she ends up kind of developing a thing for Chad. So I don't see how she "gave up" anything perse.

"know what I'm sick of Bunny and her big headed cry-babyness"

Could you please direct me to a moment where she was big headed in the sense you are referring to? Yes, no one can deny the cry-baby faults that she has especially at the beginning of the show but.... I fail to see how she is big headed in anyway.

"Does anyone else feel bad for Rei or are very annoyed by Bunny???"

No. I think things are fine the way they are. I don't think there's anything to be annoyed or feel bad about.

"Also I hate that Bunny gets everything just because she's Sailor Moon"

Define everything. If you mean everything as in "everytime something goes wrong it's her fault, the character who dies the most and loses all her friends the most often" I guess she does. But seeing as her school grades are still horrible so there's no way she's getting into a decent school ontop of everything... then no. I don't think she gets everything.

No one's trying to attack you Chibi-chan, personally... i'm just trying to figure out your logic and insert my own knowledge.  

A Kiss of Starlight

Sparkly Star

kawaiibunny3

8,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:52 am
*feels nervous walking in on an argument*

1-ok, for about...1/2 an episode i felt sorry for Rei, and then she said this line "I'm giving up on Mamoru, because when he risked his life i realized that i couldn't compete with that" and then Yuuichiro comes in a she pretty much (if she likes it or not) falls in love with him. personally i like Yuuichiro 10 times more than Mamoru, and he suits her personality more, I always thought Mamoru and Rei made a horrible couple...

2-Mamoru was never really interested in her, he would completely space out on dates with her cause he was thinking about Serenity. It's better that she cut out the relationship before it was full-blown love on her part and she found out her BF was having an affair with her best friend (Oh no! xd )

3-in the manga....where does she say "I take a vow of chasitity for Serenity!" i...dont really remember...i remember Minako saying something along those lines but...plus Rei wants to be a cheif preistess in the manga...(please correct me if i'm wrong but...) dont chief priestesses have to be chaste...

and those are my 3 cents...  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:17 am
@ kawaiibunny: I can't honestly remember where in the manga Rei said that. I think it was in the Supers books somewhere. And, yes. It was. "Act 36", Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon Volume 12. Late in the manga, members of the Dead Moon Circus harass Rei with a reflection of her young self, which mocks her for her friendships and her dream of being a priestess. The reflection tells her that the only way for her to be happy is to try her luck with numerous men until she ends up married to someone rich. Rei is able to defeat this illusion, and in the process gains her Sailor Crystal along with the memory that, long ago, she had in fact made a vow of chastity to Princess Serenity.

With the whole Rei and Mamoru thing: I was skipping through some of my old episodes yesterday to see if there was a part where Rei did outright say something along the lines of "I'm giving Mamoru up for Usagi." I didn't see anything like that. Once Usagi turned out to be the princess and Mamoru poofed with Beryl and company, his relationship with Rei seemed to just fade away. To go along with what Hime_Tsuki said, the episode involving Rei's grandfather becoming evil reveals she might have a thing for Chad/Yuuichirou in episode 30. Part of a summary reads: "Rei then kissed Yuuichirou, saying Yuuichirou was very strong and had a lot of courage. Usagi said that Rei must like Yuuichirou. Rei tried to say that she was just trying to be nice because Yuuichirou always got scolded by her grandfather."

You can find that summary at [ LINK ]

So, Rei leaving Mamoru seems more a natural progression than a giving up to me. But everyone's entitled to their own opinion. Maybe Rei was torn up inside, but it never seemed like it.  

o c e a n filled

Eloquent Phantom

kawaiibunny3

8,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:30 am
*runs back to check manga*

ah! i found it now! thanks for correcting me! heart (although, the TP translation uses the word "loyalty" plus that part of my manga is falling apart so i haven't read it in a while, so that's probably why i forgot...)

and...the episode where i found my quote...i believe it came from the episode with the skiing and Rei and Usagi are stuck in the snow...

oh yeah! i forgot that her Yuuichiro attraction came before her..."break-up" so, technically she was straying too xd  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:29 am
Yes I see where you are all coming from
but for the last time I am not talking about
the Manga!!! Please if you are going to
argue with me, stop refering to the Manga!

And even if Mamoru didn't like Rei that much
you could tell that she liked him, a lot...but after
they all found out that Sailor Moon was the moon
princess, Rei did have to give her boyfriend up
because Bunny and Mamoru were destined to
be together.

And Yes Bunny gets everything she wants, I
thought you all knew thats what I was saying.
Ex. Bunny takes Rei's boyfriend because they
are together in the future, this is all I'm saying!

Okay so maybe "bigheaded" wasn't the right
word to use, but she is such a crybaby...a lot
of the time.

Also I think that the Sailor Scouts should get
much more credit because they are the ones
basicly saving the world. When Bunny "runs
out" of power, they come and give her their
power...so doesn't that mean its just Bunny
attacking, not actually using her strength?
No I will not make a fanfiction because along
with fan art I think it is very pointless and
stupid...not to critisize anyone who makes
eather in any way at all, but I would not
make one myself.

Thank you and have a nice day!
-Wicked Chibiusa

s o m n i p h o b i c

kawaiibunny3

8,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:17 pm
just to point out-my manga related argument was meant for Shaded Gray, i knew you meant the anime neutral sorry

well...yes i do think that the Sailor Senshi (the outer senshi especially) deserve atleast more credit.

but the whole point and theme of Sailor Moon (and any setai show for that matter...) is based on teamwork and the idea that you cant get by without your friends, which is why moments like :
Quote:
When Bunny "runs
this appear. The viewer is meant to see themselves as Usagi and learn through her growth throughout the series and learn from it (you can do this w/ any of the senshi, but Usagi in particular)

((please dont feel that I'm attacking you or anything Wicked Chibiusa, I'm just trying to post my opinions and have a nice active conversation about sailor moon, which is why i like talking to Sailor Moon fans in the 1st place))  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:37 pm
kawaiibunny3
just to point out-my manga related argument was meant for Shaded Gray, i knew you meant the anime neutral sorry

well...yes i do think that the Sailor Senshi (the outer senshi especially) deserve atleast more credit.

but the whole point and theme of Sailor Moon (and any setai show for that matter...) is based on teamwork and the idea that you cant get by without your friends, which is why moments like :
Quote:
When Bunny "runs
this appear. The viewer is meant to see themselves as Usagi and learn through her growth throughout the series and learn from it (you can do this w/ any of the senshi, but Usagi in particular)

((please dont feel that I'm attacking you or anything Wicked Chibiusa, I'm just trying to post my opinions and have a nice active conversation about sailor moon, which is why i like talking to Sailor Moon fans in the 1st place))

Oh don't worry about it I wasn't really talking to
you, I knew you were having a discussion with
ShadedGrey! It was to other people that bashed
me by agreeing with his statement...I know that
your not bashing me at all and I'm not mad at you.

s o m n i p h o b i c

o c e a n filled

Eloquent Phantom

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:36 pm
Wicked Chibiusa
Oh don't worry about it I wasn't really talking to
you, I knew you were having a discussion with
ShadedGrey! It was to other people that bashed
me by agreeing with his statement...I know that
your not bashing me at all and I'm not mad at you.

Can I just point out that I'm a girl, not a guy? sweatdrop

And I really think it's unfair of you to say that people are bashing you because they agreed with me. If you want to be mad at me for rather misinterpreting your first post, you're more than welcome to be, but don't assume I'm bashing you because I disagree with you.

The fact that you dislike Usagi doesn't bother me. I simply disagree with your reasoning and the fact that Rei left Mamoru because of Usagi.  
Home

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff