Submit

Kellkolo

Shameless Lover

11,850 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:35 pm
This is a question I keep thinking about as I read and re-read twilight and New Moon. I will leave my thinkings from New Moon out, unless anyone wants me to post them, and of course it will appear in white.

Everyone remember when Edward told Bella that humans couldn't smell blood, but Bella can? That has to be more than just a coincidental gene mutation.

How her blood seems to smell something special, different than other humans, to other vampires than Edward.

How Edward cannot read her thoughts?

And how Bella is such a magnet to danger. Of course, that could be shear bad luck, but I would like to think of it as something more.

More thoughts on the subject anyone?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:00 pm
I can smell blood 0.0
Stephenie said that the mind thing was that Bella was born that way. That could be hinting to what you're inquiring, but who knows.

I'm guessing her blood is like her overall scent, we all have different scents, Bella's must smell good. It is a possibility that Bella is something other than a human, and what's weird is that I keep thinking Charlie's in on the Cullen thing ninja

*shrug* I'm sure we'll find out in 49 day's, or maybe a year... who knows...  

TheOnlyFlyingLlama

Lil Smee

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:06 pm
Yeah I was wondering this too... and I thought about how Edward says Bella is different from other humans... It got me wondering.
Sadly I don't know the answer to this- but neither does anyone apart from Stephenie Meyer- unless they can read minds, like Edward ( heart ) lol  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:44 pm
That is an extremely thought provoking question... neutral  

complex_ity_
Vice Captain

Hygienic Fatcat

7,800 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bidding War 100

Eowyyn

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:21 pm
i think Bella is human...but there is definately something different about her and hopefully we'll find out in the next book  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:27 pm
Hmm, maybe. Who knows what she actually is. . .

Of course, she's going to be a vampire anyway, so she's a vampire. xD
She does have extraordinary qualities which is why I think Edward was attracted to her in the first place.

Lolita no Kitsune

6vampire6mistress6

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:36 am
I think Bella's probably a faerie or something, the way the books are going haha No, I'm just kidding. I think she's probably got a titch bit of special blood in her, but I can't be positive of what it is...  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:38 am
Could she possibly be half vampire? xDD (yes I know it's impossible)

Could it have something to do with her mom being from Forks? ( or was it her dad @_o ) Anyway, I refuse to believe there isn't something way different about her D:

Kellkolo

Shameless Lover

11,850 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

RisSohma

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:57 am
a lot of ppl believe that but i dont =/ cuz humans can smell blood (or at least every1 i know)

And the book said that certain ppl smell amazing to certain vampires. It was said that two ppl were like Bella to either Jasper or Emmett (I can't remember which one..). La tua cantante (if u havent read new moon then that is the phrase that some1 uses for the humans who vampires can't resist) whee

And about the mind blocking thing- there could be a few answers for that. meyer explains why in one of her interviews. its kind of like how Alice could see into the future as a human and Edward could understand thoughts. Each human has something unique- Emmett = strong, Rosalie= beautiful, Jasper= in touch with emotions, and Bella i figure is just mental strength. Highlight- In the interview Meyer said that physical things can affect her= such as jasper's emotions, emmett's strength, etc. but mental things cant- like jane making u believe ur in pain, and edward's mind reading.

But if there are any other reasons that ppl think shes half (even from new moon) then plz share 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:16 pm
Well, with the smeling blood thing, it's a bunch of bullcrap that humans can't smell it. I had a bloody nose this morning, and I could smell the blood coming at least twenty minutes before I had it, and I can still smell it. (Let me tell yah, it smells BAD.) So yeah, humans can smell blood. Well, there is the possiblility that I'm not human... Hah, just kidding. biggrin True, it was in my nose, but I've smelled it on other occaisions that I'd rather not mention.  

The Kraken

Dapper Dabbler

featherbee

7,550 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:49 pm
yea people can smell blood. and if-- no WHEN, cuz he WILL bite her, she turns into a vampire will her power (if she has one) be like the power of super-clumsiness or something? GOSH it's absolutely KILLING me. I've been marking it off on my calendar since i finished new moon the first time and its getting so hard! i wish she would make like an early release date! grrrrrr!!!! and no i think bella's just human. every one is different and she's just really different in some ways. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:00 pm
haha That'd be funny if she had clumsy power blaugh Or she'll be so freaking hott that she'll make Edward trip all the time^-^  

6vampire6mistress6

Glitterbean

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:19 pm
I think she is human. She is special, but she's still a human. Carlisle thinks that Alice had precognition in her pre-vampire life and that Edward had an abnormal awareness of others' thoughts before he was changed, but they were still just humans before they were bitten, weren't they? So I think that special abilities don't necessarily mean Bella isn't human. Unless there's a possibility that she had werewolves in her family, but given her pale skin, I would guess not. Plus if she did, she wouldn't smell good to Edward. xd  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:25 am
i'd say about
80&#xhu;man
20&#xkl;utz

100&#xkl;utz  

looking_for_my_edward

Lolita no Kitsune

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:22 am
HAHAHA! I agree with that last one!

Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items