Reply ~ Main Forum ~
urgent need of help with stores Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Paul leonin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:55 pm
ok im in texas(armpit of america), i live around league city, webster, friendswood. does anyone know of any good shops i can get stuff at besides hot topic and other places in baybrook mall
PLZZZZZZZZ  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:57 pm
i need somewhere that doesnt suck too  

Paul leonin

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:05 pm
If you want somewhere that doesn't suck, do NOT go to Hot Topic. For many, many reasons (of which I won't go into detail here), do NOT shop at Hot Topic for clothes.

Looking for stores?

Check your local yellow pages. Look for alternative clothing shops, leather specialty stores, thrift shops... etc.

If you know of any local theaters, talk to the managers and ask them if they're planning on selling any of their costumes any time soon. You can get some GREAT period clothes (particularly Victorian stuff) from theaters.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:10 pm
GilAskan
If you want somewhere that doesn't suck, do NOT go to Hot Topic. For many, many reasons (of which I won't go into detail here), do NOT shop at Hot Topic for clothes.

Looking for stores?

Check your local yellow pages. Look for alternative clothing shops, leather specialty stores, thrift shops... etc.

If you know of any local theaters, talk to the managers and ask them if they're planning on selling any of their costumes any time soon. You can get some GREAT period clothes (particularly Victorian stuff) from theaters.

thanks, just happens to be a yellow pages book sitting on my shelf
i hate hot topic  

Paul leonin

DreamerSpirit

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:34 am
Thrift shops are amazing! A good portion of my wardrobe came from thrifting.

Consingment shops are also pretty cool. They're like expensive thrift shops, but usually have a better vintage selection. Just be prepared so shell out a good bit of cash while consingment shopping.

Also, check out 'normal' shops. I've found lots of cool things at Target, JC Penny, and Marshalls. Just do a bit of digging around at those shops and see what you can find (however, it will probably be more difficult of a guy to find cool things at normal shops than it would be for a girl)

My last suggustion is, if you can't find that perfect oufit anywhere, then make it! Most fabric stores and sewing machine shops offer lessons, and sewing isn't as difficult as a lot of people make it out to be... it's just time consuming, and can sometimes be a bit tedieous while working on small details.
Also, depending on what types of fabric you use, and what you are making, sewing is usually cheaper than buying things.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:06 am
DreamerSpirit
Thrift shops are amazing! A good portion of my wardrobe came from thrifting.

Consingment shops are also pretty cool. They're like expensive thrift shops, but usually have a better vintage selection. Just be prepared so shell out a good bit of cash while consingment shopping.

Also, check out 'normal' shops. I've found lots of cool things at Target, JC Penny, and Marshalls. Just do a bit of digging around at those shops and see what you can find (however, it will probably be more difficult of a guy to find cool things at normal shops than it would be for a girl)

My last suggustion is, if you can't find that perfect oufit anywhere, then make it! Most fabric stores and sewing machine shops offer lessons, and sewing isn't as difficult as a lot of people make it out to be... it's just time consuming, and can sometimes be a bit tedieous while working on small details.
Also, depending on what types of fabric you use, and what you are making, sewing is usually cheaper than buying things.

i already know how to sew, it keeps the clothes i do have together.
i need a sewing machine tho. im low on money.
my only good outfit consists of; black w/ red stitching tripp chain cuff pants
studded belt with HIM buckle
bleeding heartagram shirt
a black button up tripp shirt
and my penstripped hat
i NEED better
thank u for the suggestions, il look into those  

Paul leonin

DreamerSpirit

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:46 am
I bought my machine on clearance for about $90, and with the money it's saved me (in terms of buying things v. making them) it more than paied for itself within a few months of my buying it.

You don't need to buy a fancy $1200 machine. Just save up $100 and get a basic machine... as for brands, Singer is good quality, especially for the price you pay.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:50 am
DreamerSpirit
I bought my machine on clearance for about $90, and with the money it's saved me (in terms of buying things v. making them) it more than paied for itself within a few months of my buying it.

You don't need to buy a fancy $1200 machine. Just save up $100 and get a basic machine... as for brands, Singer is good quality, especially for the price you pay.

like i said, im very low on cash
thank u for the advice. i need a sewing machine anyways  

Paul leonin

Mopy McMope

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:26 pm
Spencer's has good stuff.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:06 pm
69GothGirl6969

with shirts yes they r ok
they dont have pants
convenient cuz theres one near my house
but.... no pants, and i need pants  

Paul leonin

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:24 pm
Paul leonin
69GothGirl6969

with shirts yes they r ok
they dont have pants
convenient cuz theres one near my house
but.... no pants, and i need pants

Not on weekends... rolleyes (unless you plan on going places)  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:34 pm
Goodwill, Salvation army, whatever thrift stores you can find. And hang around local theatres, they usually hold a big garage sale every so often, and sell off excess props.  

Maggoty Anne

Paul leonin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:01 am
Maggoty Anne
Goodwill, Salvation army, whatever thrift stores you can find. And hang around local theatres, they usually hold a big garage sale every so often, and sell off excess props.

there are no theatres around here, none that i know of at least
thank you for the advise.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:49 am
do not go to hot topic. the best thing to do is to go to little gothic stores. they have goood quality and are not as expensive. i used to shop at The Alley stores and Hot Topic and got cheap quality boots and crap for like over 100 dollars. then i started shopping at small gothic stores and got the same for like 40-50 bucks and much better quality for like the same price as hot topic had their s**t. lol. i'm serious!  

bloodyandrea

bloodyandrea

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:53 am
also, some of thebest small gothic places to go to are not found online and are not exactly know, because they are kiinda secluded so u have to go around some crazy looking town and stuff. my fav place is called 99th Floor and i found it in a gaytown under a train station, but they have the kind of leather that u can hardly find and for really affordable prices.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff