Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Wow...hot glue hurts!! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ever have this problem?
All the time
35%
 35%  [ 13 ]
Every now and then
40%
 40%  [ 15 ]
EH, not really
16%
 16%  [ 6 ]
no I'm not that clumsy!!! (me:awwww)
8%
 8%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 37

nax is back

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:04 pm
I'm making something for the Craft-Along and I keep getting hot glue all over my fingertips!! sweatdrop It hurts. Oh well. And there's thin little glue strings all over my hands and my desk.....but my project is working out so it's ok!!  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:31 pm
nax is back
I'm making something for the Craft-Along and I keep getting hot glue all over my fingertips!! sweatdrop It hurts. Oh well. And there's thin little glue strings all over my hands and my desk.....but my project is working out so it's ok!!
Ow! Hot glue hurts alot. A tip I learned from my dad, keep a small bowl of ice water near by. If you get glue on your hand dip it in the ice water for a few seconds. It'll flash cool the glue so you can pull it off without getting it stuck to your other hand, and it helps keep blisters from forming. though they will happen sometimes, it really reduces how many you'd get. 3nodding Hope that was helpful. xd  

Silver Sunrise

nax is back

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:35 pm
Thanks! I'll definatly have to remember that! I'm almost done with what I'm doing so it's no big deal. I'm more of a knitter when it come to crafting, so I don't work with this glue too much.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:43 pm
yes, I imagen that just about every one in this gild could say that they have bean burnt from a hot glue gun. xd though I like th cold water thing.

so what are you making that is forming so much pain for you?  

Lee Kushrenada

greyyy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:26 am
i try to avoid hot glue as much as possible--i have unsteady hands, and besides that, i'm clumsy!
silver sunrise, thanks a lot for the tip; i hadn't thought of that before.
nax is back, i'm interested to hear what you're making.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:57 am
I finished, here's a picture. My friend took it, hence the cheesy face.

User Image
Yeah, she said make a face with attitude. I can't do that. But it's the only good picture I have!

User Image
There's a better picture. When I wear it though I bend the ears in slightly. The material I used rolled up alot, and it wouldn't stay up, so I used the little pattern thingy I used to make the ears and made two and then put those inside to give it support.

This is what I made for the craft along.!!  

nax is back

Silver Sunrise

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:57 am
Happy to share my ice water for the glue gun glue trick. biggrin Glad it seems to be a helpful tip. biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:25 pm
Ouch!
Whenever I use a glue gun, I burn myself at least once. One time, not paying attention, I set my whole finger on some hot glue I just put down.
Next time, I will definitely have a bowl of cold water.  

anneadeline

Brunette_Star

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:25 pm
I like that bowl of ice water idea. It sounds like it would cool the burn as well as flash cool the glue.

Those ears turned out cute! I just hope your fingers didn't suffer too much abuse, bless your heart.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:42 pm
anneadeline
Ouch!
Whenever I use a glue gun, I burn myself at least once. One time, not paying attention, I set my whole finger on some hot glue I just put down.
Next time, I will definitely have a bowl of cold water.

Yeah, I think i did that twice making those dumb things! stressed

At Brunette_Star: Thank you. I'm glad they turned out despite all the pain!  

nax is back

switchblade12

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:42 am
nax is back

that happens to me ALL the time!!!!my glue gun messed up 1 time and it got ALL over me!!!it burned!!!  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:36 am
Hot glue guns are a must in ym school. As are the acid set glues and super glues. And I have skin thats really sensitive to chemicals. I frequently burn all the nerves off the end of my fingers. I suppose I've simply gotten used to it after three years of design school. xd  

Silver Mist

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:37 pm
I normally use a low-temperature hot-glue gun (they were bought for my use when i was in first grade...) and so it doesn't hurt -too- much, and cools down fairly quickly. I used to make scupltures with the hot-glue, it was fun. xp  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:48 pm
When I use my hot glue gun and I have this tendancy to tap the object with the hot glue with my finger, and usually it's not hard and dry yet, so it hurts my finger... sweatdrop  

Sugar Bandit

Half Baked SF

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:27 pm
OWWW.

I accidentally glued a stone to my finger once. I had a blister on my finger for days.  
Craftin'

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff