Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
Finally, somone on Quizilla gets it... Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MyOwnBestCritic

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:52 pm
Quizilla... the CB of the internet. Until now! I found a quiz on google, and to my surprise, it was Quizillan in origin! I'm just so incredibly shocked... someone on Quizilla finally gets it! Applaud, everyone! And check out my result:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
You are a GRAMMAR GOD!

Congratulations! If your mission in life is not already to preserve the English tongue, it should be. You can smell a grammatical inaccuracy from fifty yards. Your speech is revered by the underlings, though some may blaspheme and call you a snob. They're just jealous. Go out there and change the world.

Take this quiz!

Quizilla]http://www.quizilla.com/redirect.php?statsid=18&url=http://www.quizilla.com/]Quizilla | Join | Make a Quiz | More Quizzes | Grab Code

Not the most challenging, but there were quite a few tricky ones in there.

(I'm still tripping over the fact that this was in Quizilla. Just... wow.)  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:24 am
Ha! I gave up on Quizilla long ago.

I first found the site in 2003, you know, before it had all the fancy tools and story-making things and whatnot. It had fewer members, and was really quite fun! =)

Now, though, I'm afraid Quizilla has lots its appeal and I rarely go on it.

SilverMaple

Sparkly Lover

Anye5

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:44 am
I took the quiz, and for the most part I thought the answers made sense. There are a few I disagree with, but that is mostly because they are points that are still disputed by English professionals. I had my teachers tells me one way and the quiz put them another. The both make sense though. And depending on where you look, both are correct.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:13 pm
I didn't think I was doing that well, but I'm a "Grammar God" too.  

Organic Shadows

MyOwnBestCritic

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:30 pm
Heh, the scoring system is a bit messed up, I think. I did notice a few that were debatable... that's why they were tricky. I used to be on Quizilla when it didn't even have the story feature... that was WAY back when! I gave up on it when a bunch of crappy fanfics took over the site.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:04 pm
Ha! That was super easy; I got the "Grammar God" results as well. Elementary.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
You are a GRAMMAR GOD!

Congratulations! If your mission in life is not already to preserve the English tongue, it should be. You can smell a grammatical inaccuracy from fifty yards. Your speech is revered by the underlings, though some may blaspheme and call you a snob. They're just jealous. Go out there and change the world.

Take this quiz!

Quizilla]http://www.quizilla.com/redirect.php?statsid=18&url=http://www.quizilla.com/]Quizilla | Join | Make a Quiz | More Quizzes | Grab Code  

Feather Kana

Sparkly Spirit

18,725 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Overstocked 200

Odenpa Kunoichi

Shadowy Girl

11,875 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:48 pm
What I hate more than the grammar on quizilla is that there are no quizzes...

If you look under the quiz section, I haven't found a SINGLE quiz. Not one. Zip. I don't care about the ******** grammar, I just want a god damn quiz, dammit! I could just report them, but there are too many of them, and it's just impossible to find one little quiz. I've pretty much given up on it...  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:33 pm
OH MY GOD THANKS A LOT NOW I'M REALLY PISSED OFF!
Ok first I did it I tried my hardest... I got YOU ARE A COMPLETE BAZTARDIZATION OF THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE... The worst one you can get.. So then I did the quiz again becuase I lost the link to the results...
I just randomly clicked everything and got You are a AVERAGE speaker of english.
....That serouisly just happened to me and now i'm pissed evil

SuperScott78

l3viathan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:18 am
SuperScott78
OH MY GOD THANKS A LOT NOW I'M REALLY PISSED OFF!
Ok first I did it I tried my hardest... I got YOU ARE A COMPLETE BAZTARDIZATION OF THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE... The worst one you can get.. So then I did the quiz again becuase I lost the link to the results...
I just randomly clicked everything and got You are a AVERAGE speaker of english.
....That serouisly just happened to me and now i'm pissed evil

>_o; Don't worry, I didn't get good results either and got the "average" result. *Siigh* It pissed me off as well and made me feel stupid.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:45 am
I would not worry about it, you two. You both have excellent grammar. Thing is, I've spent my life reading, writing, and nitpicking these things out. My eyes were long since trained to automatically zero in on this issue. It stands out. Others who have grammar skills just as good as mine don't think about it. They were taught proper grammar and use it as such, but they have other interests and skills in life, and don't habitually zero in on it like I would do. My brothers and sister have excellent grammar skills in daily use but if asked to sit and pick it apart, would probably score no better than 'average' on such a quiz as this one.  

Feather Kana

Sparkly Spirit

18,725 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Overstocked 200

Sanami2315

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:16 pm
I managed a "grammar god" as well.

Tricky quiz, though, I must admit. I had a few lingering questions after I finished, and I'm a college student.

And Zeo, grammar is spelled without an 'e'. And 'seriously' was misspelled in SuperScott's post - probably just a typo.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:50 pm
Yes, I posted that in the middle of the night and made the resulting typo in the word 'grammar'.  

Feather Kana

Sparkly Spirit

18,725 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Overstocked 200

Jake0504

Dapper Dabbler

4,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 5:06 am
Cool,I got the Grammar God result...haha,somehow,I did not expect that biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:45 pm
I got the same result. (Grammer God.)  

Kairi_12

MyOwnBestCritic

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 5:41 pm
The way the quiz is scored also has something to do with it, I think. It's a neat little spot for the purveyors of grammar, however. domokun  
Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff