Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
Episodes cut out of the English Dub.... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lady Regina Jane
Vice Captain

Fashionable Genius

3,275 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:27 am
Tell me.. which episodes were cut out? In the English dub, episode 39 was the episode when they go to the Moon and learn who they really were... In the Japanese original version, that episode was number 44... so, this means there were 5 episodes cut out. Which ones were they and why were they ommitted?  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:31 am
the first episode is different just watch the first eps in jap thn u could find out... im working on that myself  

seshylvr

Lady Regina Jane
Vice Captain

Fashionable Genius

3,275 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:44 am
Yeah... I just want to know if anyone knows which ones they are so i can go view them and not have to hunt them down....  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:01 am
episode 2-"I'll punish you! The fortune house is a youma's mansion!"
episode 5-"The Demonic Scent! Shanerla steals love"
episode 6-"Protect the Song of Love! Usagi is Cupid"
episode 20-"Summer, Ocean, Youth! Also, a Ghost!"
episode 42-"Sailor Venus' past, Minako's blighted love"

and episodes 45 and 46 were blended together.

and also, episode 67-"Ocean, Island, Vacation! Soldier's Day off" was taken out of the R season. (obviously DiC didn't like the swimsuit episodes...)  

kawaiibunny3

8,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200

Polexeny

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:29 am
kawaiibunny3
episode 2-"I'll punish you! The fortune house is a youma's mansion!"
episode 5-"The Demonic Scent! Shanerla steals love"
episode 6-"Protect the Song of Love! Usagi is Cupid"
episode 20-"Summer, Ocean, Youth! Also, a Ghost!"
episode 42-"Sailor Venus' past, Minako's blighted love"

and episodes 45 and 46 were blended together.

and also, episode 67-"Ocean, Island, Vacation! Soldier's Day off" was taken out of the R season. (obviously DiC didn't like the swimsuit episodes...)

wow..there's so many!  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:07 pm
yup  

hacker01jimmy

o c e a n filled

Eloquent Phantom

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:12 pm
You can check out some [ episode summaries ] and Castle in the Sky to find out what went on in those episodes should you so desire. Castle in the Sky also goes through the entire Stars season.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:07 pm
Oddly enough, while they removed an episode partly because Minako cut off part of her finger and bled badly from it (wow, let's be realistic and show that kitchen accidents HURT! ... Nah, cut it out of the show.), they showed that clip in a Sailor Says about first aid education stare  

Syndrama

thatdrncat

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:14 pm
They also edited the more promiscuous parts of the series. Usagi lost cleavage when she turned into Serena, and Michiru and Haruka turned straight when they became Michelle and Amara. Also, all the blood and suggestive parts were cut out.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:22 am
~Alechsa~
Oddly enough, while they removed an episode partly because Minako cut off part of her finger and bled badly from it (wow, let's be realistic and show that kitchen accidents HURT! ... Nah, cut it out of the show.), they showed that clip in a Sailor Says about first aid education stare

i thought they left that one in, i remember distinctivly watching that one as a kid in English...(i remember watching the Avocado droid as the villan of the day)

i dunno if they left that scene in, but i know they left in the episode.  

kawaiibunny3

8,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200

o c e a n filled

Eloquent Phantom

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:04 am
I remember in the first half of the R season the episode where Usagi and Mamoru end up babysitting a baby together. The baby pees on Mamoru in the original, but they made the pee black in the English dub. As I seven year old my reaction was "...what the hell...?"

Seriously. Some of those edits and cuts make no sense. I suppose I understand wanting to cover up a kid peeing on someone, but why would you ever color the pee black to do it?

DiC needs help.

But at least DiC isn't as bad as 4Kids.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:22 am
That's debatable... DiC is one of those companies that is very strict about what they think is acceptable for kids.... what they failed to realise is that Sailor moon was not meant for children, but for young adults (15+). Nevertheless, they are like those Neopets nazis who have to jump on anything that's good (like sexuality, swearing, and blood) and turn a more mature show into a kid's show...

Try watching episode 39 (actually episode 44, if you take into accout the missing episodes) where they all go back to the Moon and find out who they really were in Japanese. the subtitles tell almost a completely different story.

Sometimes I wish i could just strangle DiC and all those other edit-crazy T.V. stations that like to turn good anime into kinder, gentler kid's shows... *AAAAAAAAAAAAARG* ..ok.. I'll calm down now...

*ahems* In the name of good anime, I shall punish you. *does a cheesy Sailor Moon pose*  

Lady Regina Jane
Vice Captain

Fashionable Genius

3,275 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200

kawaiibunny3

8,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:50 am
Rush_Hardroc
That's debatable... DiC is one of those companies that is very strict about what they think is acceptable for kids.... what they failed to realise is that Sailor moon was not meant for children, but for young adults (15+). Nevertheless, they are like those Neopets nazis who have to jump on anything that's good (like sexuality, swearing, and blood) and turn a more mature show into a kid's show...

Try watching episode 39 (actually episode 44, if you take into accout the missing episodes) where they all go back to the Moon and find out who they really were in Japanese. the subtitles tell almost a completely different story.

Sometimes I wish i could just strangle DiC and all those other edit-crazy T.V. stations that like to turn good anime into kinder, gentler kid's shows... *AAAAAAAAAAAAARG* ..ok.. I'll calm down now...

*ahems* In the name of good anime, I shall punish you. *does a cheesy Sailor Moon pose*

actually! the Sailor Moon anime was intended for little Japanese children. but the Japanese dont coddle them as much as Americans when it comes to sexual things (they're more big on censoring violence...). thus exposing them to artistic nudity and non-explicit homosexuality (which is probably why Michiru and Haruka NEVER kiss throughout the series)

although, there are adult undertones, meant to entertain older viewers (think...Shrek...) seeing how it was animated and produced by mostly adult males.

BUT-the manga was meant for older girls.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:37 am
Quote:
English: 159
German: 200
Italian: 200
French: 166 (Stars was removed)
Brazilian: 200

Looks like most of them Have 200 Episodes, but about 41 Episodes were removed from the English verson. Stars was only 34 episodes long.

i wrote that on the SSC forum.  

mintycho

o c e a n filled

Eloquent Phantom

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:05 am
Kawaiibunny is definitely right about the violence v. sexuality thing in Japan. Over there, violence is far more taboo than, like she said, artistic nudity, or even sex in general. My Japanese teacher showed us a number of commercials, one of which was very sexual and would air during the Japanese equivalent of prime time. Her response to our shock was "Sex happens."

The manga was meant for older girls (late teens, early twenties), and I would argue that the anime, while not meant for little children, was aimed at girls in the pre-teen/teen category. For whatever reason, Americans have this misconception that cartoons are for kids. Bugger on that.  
Home

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff