Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Republican Guild of Gaia [A Big Tent Republican Guild]

Back to Guilds

A Political-Debate Guild Aimed at Republican Users. 

Tags: republican, conservative, debate, politics, moderate 

Reply The Republican Guild of Gaia
Introduce yourself Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dark_Spartan117

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:50 am
Say a little bit about yourself. Your name, your political party, and what or who is ticking you off in this great country of ours  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:53 pm
I'm going to try to stick with a Libertarian view point in this guild.

Um, I'm a military brat...so I know a decent amount about the military.

One thing that pisses me off the most is people making ignorant opions about the war based on popular culture. I will respect other people's opions if they can prove to me that they know a decent amount about what is going on...not just the spin of what one political party is saying.

One thing I belive in: We are currently in a catch 22:

If we leave, they (places in which we are stationed) will blame us for all the problems in the near future...and any economic turmoil that they may come across.

If we don't leave, we look even worse in the eyes of the international community. Also, we get blames for everything that goes wrong in the places that we are currently stationed.  

fluffy-kun

Dark_Spartan117

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:58 pm
fluffy-kun
I'm going to try to stick with a Libertarian view point in this guild.

Um, I'm a military brat...so I know a decent amount about the military.

One thing that pisses me off the most is people making ignorant opions about the war based on popular culture. I will respect other people's opions if they can prove to me that they know a decent amount about what is going on...not just the spin of what one political party is saying.

One thing I belive in: We are currently in a catch 22:

If we leave, they (places in which we are stationed) will blame us for all the problems in the near future...and any economic turmoil that they may come across.

If we don't leave, we look even worse in the eyes of the international community. Also, we get blames for everything that goes wrong in the places that we are currently stationed.

army, navy, air force, or marine brat?
im an army brat myself  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:34 pm
Dark_Spartan117

army, navy, air force, or marine brat?
im an army brat myself

navy brat, but I've lived in a military town all my life...so I've gotten used to people of all branches of the military.  

fluffy-kun

singin4Christ

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:13 pm
I'm katt. I'm 18 and a consevative, sort of. I admit i don't know a lot about politics and quite frankly i hate politics. What is said to be true in politics is often a lie. One thing that ticks me off other than the lies is that the democrats and liberals and tree-huggers never listen to the troops. my friend, Mike, just returned from afghanistan (sorry i can't spell) and said that what they are doing over there is good and it's not as dangerous as it's made out to be. These groups refuse to listen to the soldiers and choose to say that it's too dangerous where while it is dangerous it's not as bad as they make it out to be. While many soldiers miss home, they see that they are doing good in the middle east and i would take their opinions over a dirty politician anyday. I'm sick of being politically correct. It's over rated.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:10 am
singin4Christ
I'm katt. I'm 18 and a consevative, sort of. I admit i don't know a lot about politics and quite frankly i hate politics. What is said to be true in politics is often a lie. One thing that ticks me off other than the lies is that the democrats and liberals and tree-huggers never listen to the troops. my friend, Mike, just returned from afghanistan (sorry i can't spell) and said that what they are doing over there is good and it's not as dangerous as it's made out to be. These groups refuse to listen to the soldiers and choose to say that it's too dangerous where while it is dangerous it's not as bad as they make it out to be. While many soldiers miss home, they see that they are doing good in the middle east and i would take their opinions over a dirty politician anyday. I'm sick of being politically correct. It's over rated.

yeah.... i hate it how all this people are protesting the war and they arent even the ones going over there and dying for our country.... and i agree about the politically correct thing  

Dark_Spartan117

The Hallowed Mouse

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:02 am
Very Conservative, started guild.... but Dark_Spartan117 bought it (THANKS) !!! I have a lot of stances and am forming a Republican Guild in reality for my city! Not much to say... I'm everything conservative except against death penalty... all my views are in my profile!  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:43 pm
singin4Christ

I absolutely hate that. People need to talk to women and men who have been over there to better understand what is actually going on. The media deals with traumatizing stories, bad news, and statistics...it's never about the good things that are happening due to our troops being over there.  

fluffy-kun

Dark_Spartan117

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:40 pm
Mouse of Water
Very Conservative, started guild.... but Dark_Spartan117 bought it (THANKS) !!! I have a lot of stances and am forming a Republican Guild in reality for my city! Not much to say... I'm everything conservative except against death penalty... all my views are in my profile!

eh... it was no problem... i needed something to do with my money anyways, and this seemed like a good thing to use it on  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:13 am
Hello my name is Nuwa. I am mostly a republican but I have no problem in listening to other parties or even accepting there views. My husband isnt legal in this country so that is my main thing right now. Listening on tv, internet, reading as much as I can in order to find out what is going to happen. We have a son who is 15 months old and let me tell you he is a handful! So anything dealing with children situations around the world is always an emotional topic for me. But I have no problem in discussing them with others. I am very much pro life. Hmm... I am a baptist by nature and a capricorn (if that labels who I am). I am happy to have joined this guild and look forward to many debates and discussions. Even just random talking!  

nuwa

The Hallowed Mouse

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:47 am
nuwa
Hello my name is Nuwa. I am mostly a republican but I have no problem in listening to other parties or even accepting there views. My husband isnt legal in this country so that is my main thing right now. Listening on tv, internet, reading as much as I can in order to find out what is going to happen. We have a son who is 15 months old and let me tell you he is a handful! So anything dealing with children situations around the world is always an emotional topic for me. But I have no problem in discussing them with others. I am very much pro life. Hmm... I am a baptist by nature and a capricorn (if that labels who I am). I am happy to have joined this guild and look forward to many debates and discussions. Even just random talking!

Well with the amount of conservatives in this guild it will probably be more discussing than debating, unless that one guy who thinks he knows what communism is from the thread guild comes, then mostly debates

Prediction on that guy:

He'll hate the guild and leave it knowing he's wrong!  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:22 am
Hi, I'm Renflower. You can call me Ren. I don't know my political party, only that I have a problem with always putting my two cents in. well, usually more than that... I am an anime nerd, and love to read. I hope you don't mind that I am putting debate topics on the debate board, with me being so new and all...  

RenFlower

RenFlower

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:24 am
Mouse of Water
nuwa

Well with the amount of conservatives in this guild it will probably be more discussing than debating, unless that one guy who thinks he knows what communism is from the thread guild comes, then mostly debates

Prediction on that guy:

He'll hate the guild and leave it knowing he's wrong!

I like to argue, and i might be the Anti-conservative, being pro-choice and all...  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 2:04 pm
Hello My name is Brogan, I'm 17 and I'm on the right side of the political fence. I'm going into college majoring in education where I will teach government and history. A close friend of mine who I Haloed with just recently died in Iraq, and a group of protestors planned to show up at his funeral, but uh, well we live in eastern Montana and we don't tolerate that. I'm all for the freedom of speech, but come on, at a funeral?! Jer was the greatest. Anyway I'm still for the War on Terror, if we pull out now his sacrafice for this country will be in vain...freedom isn't free.  

Kysaara

Dark_Spartan117

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:20 pm
BlueSpartan058
Hello My name is Brogan, and I'm on the right side of the political fence. I'm going into college majoring in education where I will teach government and history. A close friend of mine who I Haloed with just recently died in Iraq, and a group of protestors planned to show up at his funeral, but uh, well we live in eastern Montana and we don't tolerate that. I'm all for the freedom of speech, but come on, at a funeral?! Jer was the greatest. Anyway I'm still for the War on Terror, if we pull out now his sacrafice for this country will be in vain...freedom isn't free.

wow... not only does this guy have a good name, i like the way he thinks

edit: *She* {sorry bluespartan)  
The Republican Guild of Gaia

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas