Welcome to Gaia! ::

Legion of Helpers

Back to Guilds

Help for new Members and Friends for those who have been here for years a place to call home! 

Tags: Help, Friends, Contests, Quest, RolePlay 

Reply Arts (Writing, drawing, Commission services and more!)
Boxman Sucks At Art. Let's All Laugh At Him. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Master Clockfish

Dapper Millionaire

4,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:17 pm
Yeah, I just thought I'd humiliate myself and show everyone what little artistic talent that I have.

Since I fail miserably at drawing, I use a program called 3D Flash Animator to make my art. The program's primarily meant for animation, but it makes a pretty good vector art suite too. Plus it's partially free (you can export images and GIF animations as many times as you want, but SWF exporting expires after 7 days).

So, anyway, here's two recent works:

1. Keesha - This is Keesha, a character of mine. She is a 19-year-old wolf who is Meagan's (yet another character of mine, although she was drawn by a friend) apprentice priestess. Keesha was born of a prophecy that foretold of a child of light that would rise up and strike down the darkness that created her, for Keesha's race is full of vicious, bloodthirsty sacks of s**t who only care about power and blah blah blah typical fantasy crap.

Keesha is still a WIP; I still haven't done her wings, and she looks all wonky because her head and tail are side-view and her body is 3/4 view.

Oh, and by the way, I did everything in that drawing by hand except for the butterfly, which I traced.

2. Megan (#2) - Yeah, her name is Megan. I happen to like the name Megan. It's a cool name. You wanna fight about it?

This Megan is related to the Random Dood of the Day version of Megan in my signature (or rather, the DotD version is based off this one). I actually cheated and used a picture of Sailor Moon for her head, neck and body, but the face and the rest of the hair were all done by me. She could probably go without the blush lines on her cheeks.

Isn't she pretty?

Yeah, so that's it. You can find the rest of my art here, and I also have a StripGenerator blog here.

Oh, and two things: If you're going to comment on my art, please say something useful. I want more than "ur art is gr8 lol."

And secondly: No, I will NOT do requests.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:45 am
Your art isn't that bad, it's much better than anything I can do.
Keesha is surely your best, the positioning isn't that awkward and there really isn't anything you did wrong mechanically.

I like Megan the best, really. The positioning of the shoulders is kind of awkward, but it's still nice, the necklace is a nice touch. The blush lines are actually a good little detail, I do think it would look a little better if the glasses were pushed up a smidgen. Just a smidgen.  

Teh General Bloodless

Master Clockfish

Dapper Millionaire

4,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:45 pm
generalbloodless

I like Megan the best, really. The positioning of the shoulders is kind of awkward, but it's still nice, the necklace is a nice touch. The blush lines are actually a good little detail, I do think it would look a little better if the glasses were pushed up a smidgen. Just a smidgen.

Yeah, the shoulders probably need a bit of work, because in the picture I traced for the body the character was wearing a dress, so I tried to compensate for that by making the shoulders smaller and by making her sleeves visible. Maybe next time I should do the shoulders by hand.

The thing that really irks me about this picture is her hair. It just doesn't look right for some reason, but I can't figure out why.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:32 pm
Teh_Boxman
generalbloodless

Yeah, the shoulders probably need a bit of work, because in the picture I traced for the body the character was wearing a dress, so I tried to compensate for that by making the shoulders smaller and by making her sleeves visible. Maybe next time I should do the shoulders by hand.

The thing that really irks me about this picture is her hair. It just doesn't look right for some reason, but I can't figure out why.

I think part of the reason is that for Megan the features are facing more or less straight forward, while the head is tilted in a three-quarters position to her right. The pictures are pretty good, IMHO, and a lot better than what I could do on the computer. biggrin  

kyangfan

2,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Master Clockfish

Dapper Millionaire

4,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:57 pm
kyangfan

I think part of the reason is that for Megan the features are facing more or less straight forward, while the head is tilted in a three-quarters position to her right.

Odd. I've never really noticed that; I thought I had tilted her glasses and eyes enough as it is. I really suck at perspective.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:13 pm
Your coloring is pretty good and as for the perspective with practice you'll get it..just keep at it. smile  

RGaijin

Krusadin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:50 am
I like the Megan #2! She has a cute smile.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:01 am
very nice!  

ladypunk818

Master Clockfish

Dapper Millionaire

4,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:24 pm
Krusadin and ladypunk:

Quote:
If you're going to comment on my art, please say something useful. I want more than "ur art is gr8 lol."

Plzkthx.

Also, I put "#2" there to distinguish that picture from the other Megan I mentioned.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:42 am
Well, ok then!
I think you need to work on the anathomy, study wolves and humans separately and then try to make the crossing more balanced. Also some of the positions are unnatural. Try to make them hold objects or lean onto something. For me, drawing hands is difficult so I suggest you make them hold their hands in their pockets.  

Krusadin

Bellabie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:00 am
Oh no, my dear 'Boxman,' we aren't laughing at you, we're laughing with you! domokun
No. Truly, my friend. You are an excellent artist, and I hate it when people lie, so know that I mean that. I cannot offer you much critique, though, I am afraid, because I am not very great of an artist, myself and I should hate to sound arrogant. Perhaps practice anatomy a bit, working with the geometric shapes and -hedrons beneath the figures' clothing and even skin. Once the basic shape is mastered, you may fully grow into a professional (ability-wise) artist! Well, I hope that I was of some assistance...
b

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:18 pm
you should try getting along with Photoshop... it would do wonders for you razz ... i can see that your art is in the first stages of development! biggrin go on boy you can do it biggrin ... youre drawing like i did when i was 10 razz  

Wacram Glaziuz

Master Clockfish

Dapper Millionaire

4,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:36 pm
Uh, no Photoshop for me, although I might experiment with filters.

The art I do in 3DFA is entirely done in 3DFA. I do not draw it beforehand, import and trace. The only time I trace something is when I can't get something done right by hand.

I'm actually surprised the picture of Keesha turned out as well as it did. I don't think I'll ever be able to do something like that again.

EDIT: I don't draw anymore because I suck at it. Sometimes I draw cartoons, but that's about it.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:49 pm
User Image

Then make comics! ^.^

User Image

Milliani

Arts (Writing, drawing, Commission services and more!)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games