Reply Art / Writing show and exchange!
Summer Time Art Contest Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Selene Aries

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:48 am
It is now officially summer, for us here in the northern hemisphere. Like all seasons, summer lasts several months and each month has its own unique feel and special events associated with them. In the spirit of this I am arranging the longest running contest of so far, a little experiment I wish to try and if works out to my liking will be something I shall continue.

For this new and improved version of my seasonal art contest, it begins today and shall go till August 31st. All participants will be allowed up to three entries, but each piece must have a different theme. These themes must be associated with the major summer months of June, July and August.

June marks the start of summer and the end of the school year, as well as the summer fusions in the stores. For some this is a time to relax and enjoy a nice long break while for others this is a time of high anxiety. While some of you are preparing to plan your vacations, others are planning for summer school, getting a job and/or preparing for collage.

July, more than any other this month brings us the classic images of summer. People in swimwear heading to the polls and beaches, barbeques going on everywhere, the bright and colorful display of fireworks and children playing. Let us not forget it also brings those of us with jobs to stare mindlessly outside at the beautiful day and people enjoying themselves as we work in the summer heat, wishing we were not there.

August is the tail end of summer and as it begins it brings of the hottest days of all. Where people do whatever they can to keep cool while dealing with the sunburns and bleached hair they received from playing around in the sun too much. Much of the images of July are still around, except we can already notice the days getting shorter and we all know that the fun is soon coming to an end. You see reminders everywhere that school is going to be starting again soon, some of you may already be packing up and getting ready to move to your collage of choice.

There are at least some of the things I invasion about when I think of summer. I, of course, want all of you to represent what summer means to you in your artwork. The only thing I ask is that you keep the transitioning months in mind and what each brings to the season, culturally.

For each piece you enter it will go into one of three categories, represented by the months. Each category will have its own set of winners and prizes. Just remember, only one entry per month will be allowed.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:49 am
Entries

June

July
FogSage

August  

Selene Aries

Selene Aries

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:01 am
Winners

June:
1st
2nd
3rd

July:
1st
2nd
3rd

August:
1st
2nd
3rd  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:50 pm
Meep, I'm definitely interested, I'm currently working on an entry right now, still have to do the next half as well. It'll probably fall under the June submission once it's done and I'll work on the next two. ^ ^

http://www.furaffinity.net/view/619784/ :3

Siatea-Chan

Katzekinder

Worthy Seeker

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:03 pm
I'm in, heh..  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:36 pm
Well it is July now and summer is in full swing. Though it doesn't look a whole lot like it where I live. sweatdrop Spring weather has been hanging around a little extra long this year. I honestly do not mind, but it is usually a lot warmer and dryer by this time of year. Anyway, onto contest matters.

Just in case anyone was confused, you can submit any piece to be themed for any month at any time. It does not have to be the month you are representing in the artwork. As well I thought I might go ahead ahead and share what the prizes are.

Since this is essentially three contests in one, there are three sets of prizes. Much like the contest itself, the prizes represent the months of summer. Three donation letters for June, July and August for first place, two for second place and one for last place.

Selene Aries

FogSage

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:40 pm
I'll give it a whirl. I haven't drawn anything in a while, but something is better than nothing.

Here's my entry: Summer is for Sleeping In.

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f281/wackyfox/wackyfox drawings/summerpic.jpg  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:25 am
FogSage
I'll give it a whirl. I haven't drawn anything in a while, but something is better than nothing.

Do you mind if I post a picture based on my drawing? It'll be one I've taken myself. :3

Post as you please.

Selene Aries

FogSage

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:33 am
Diana Vulpes
FogSage

Do you mind if I post a picture based on my drawing? It'll be one I've taken myself. :3

Post as you please.

Oh my, I forgot the picture. Here is what I based it off of. ^^

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f281/wackyfox/Pictures of me/Picture231.jpg  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:27 pm
Alright, Foggy, what monthly category would you like to enter that piece in?  

Selene Aries

FogSage

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:28 pm
Diana Vulpes
Alright, Foggy, what monthly category would you like to enter that piece in?

July, if you don't mind.

Also, if the contest doesn't take off, there's no need to give me a prize. >>  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:36 pm
If the contest becomes a complete bust, I will just do a big raffle for the extra letters I am storing up specifically for this. I will give this till at least the middle of August before I consider it a wash.  

Selene Aries

Luna Starbright

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:33 am
I'll see what I can do ; ;
I don't have a lot of time with working five days a week and all.

If anything...I'll try and get a doodle or sketch in...but I don't know if that's even going to happen Dx

I really want to enter ; ;

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:27 pm
C'mon, people, let's have a little activity in this forum, please!

I swear, trying to get people to be active around here is like trying to pull teeth out of a rabid weasel.

One month left, people, one month left!  

FogSage

Art / Writing show and exchange!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas