KZN02
Captain

Aekea Warrior

19,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:17 am
Discuss about BIONICLE products copied, faked, and all that into cheap knockoffs.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:52 pm
There was a thing in china where they were trying to sell bohrok knockoffs. The Details were blindingly obvious (like they had a diffrent name all together, and the krana was hard plastic)  

m3tr0id86

Toa-Nuva

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:00 am
They didn't only fake Bohrok, but also Toa Nuva. Years ago my sister and I bought two of them: I bought a fake Nuhvok, and my sister bought a fake Tahu Nuva. The parts were bad quality, and the colors are very strange... Nuhvok is supposed to be black, but my fake Nuhvok also has parts which are green, brown and so on... Some of the parts are different than the originals, but the building instructions were exactly the same as the ones by Lego (there's only one big difference: All the pictures of the fake instructions are on one page, they are so small that it's very hard to use them. Lego has put every picture on its own page.), so the instructions can't be used correctly on the parts.

By the way, we bought these "Invincibility Robots" in a holiday village called Bibione in Italy. They were about 3.50 Euro instead of 7 Euro (the price of the original Bohrok and Toa Nuva). But we go to Italy twice every year, and I haven't seen these fakes there for years...  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:37 am
Thats the name of the fake bohrok, the alleged "Invincibility Robots" and hearing this they were probably distributed all over the world other than the US. (like people in the US are dumber than anybody else about these things) Yes and the plastic from what I heard was not as near the kind of quality that LEGO uses. Honestly I would like to see them try that stunt again. stare  

m3tr0id86

m3tr0id86

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:11 pm
Now they got "Max Battle Warriors" based on Keetongu, Sidorak and Roodaka.
Heres the link to some pics...
Cheap bionicle knockoffs  
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 6:05 pm
all they did was take a put together keetongu,Roodoka and the other dude forgot the name and make ne molds out of it then changed names for the cheapo imatation here's the thing they cant be sued for pladurism  

SSJ_Takashi

3,450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Gaian 50

ignika

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:58 pm
How did I not hear of this before?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:54 am
ignika

Um, you don't go to BZP or the like?  

KZN02
Captain

Aekea Warrior

19,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Marathon 300

ignika

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:51 pm
KZN02
ignika

Um, you don't go to BZP or the like?

no wonder sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:45 pm
megablocks also has these really dumb neoshifters. They are a really lame cross between bionicles and transformers. They all turn into balls! Hmm. sounds like a certain bionicle product i could mention. xp  

vulpineCrafter
Vice Captain

Playful Shapeshifter

15,000 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Generous 100
  • Beta Gaian 0

ignika

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:50 pm
hydr0ph0en1x
megablocks also has these really dumb neoshifters. They are a really lame cross between bionicles and transformers. They all turn into balls! Hmm. sounds like a certain bionicle product i could mention. xp

you obviously are refering to Bohrok  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:35 am
m3tr0id86
Cheap bionicle knockoffs

I think the most interesting thing about these is that they made Roodaka blue. They obviously wanted to give them Power-Rangers-like colors... I'm wondering whether there also were similar sets in green and pink... XD  

Toa-Nuva

Gallium Beryllium

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:22 pm
hydr0ph0en1x

They actually look cooler than a lot of BIONICLE sets.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:03 am
Yeah, maybe. But I have bought megablocks before, and this set would be no different. They fall apart extremely easily, they can't move very well, and they only have about 5 pieces.  

vulpineCrafter
Vice Captain

Playful Shapeshifter

15,000 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Generous 100
  • Beta Gaian 0

vulpineCrafter
Vice Captain

Playful Shapeshifter

15,000 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Generous 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:05 am
m3tr0id86
Cheap bionicle knockoffs

I saw these at a dollar store and I got SOOOO MAD!!! I nearly took them off the shelf and bit off their heads. : stare I hate them so... evil  
The BIONICLE Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff