Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Oh My Guilty Little Pleasures! Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

If you are jamming out to mainstream music/rap/pop and someone walks in you would.....
  Snap off the radio and stand akwardly
  Continue Dancing
  Ask them to join you
  Change the station--quick!/Try to play it off
  THIS WOULD NEVER HAPPEN TO ME!
  Veronica's Option
View Results

Rose Patterned Twil

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 7:21 pm
Reading the thread "Morbid Fascination" I got to thinking, I don't have any morbid fascinations, but I DO have a few guilty pleasures. While these (unlike morbid fascinations) are socially acceptable, they aren't exactly fitting in with the alternative/badass lifestyle of mine. So Triple-G, what are your guilty little pleasures? Things you do behind lock doors and hide as soon as someone walks in? Mine are:

Rap and pop Music (*gasp*)
Crafts and Baking (snaps O.O)
And.........I LIKE the color pink (OMG! GTFO)

oh I'm still a rocker, but sometimes I like to devulge in mainstream behaviors. And you?  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 7:37 pm
sometimes I do tend to go a little mainstream but that's just the type of person I am ... besies i don't think there is such a thing as a true Goth or a true Emo. If there was they died off long ago.  

batgirlforever

Mopy McMope

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:30 pm
I occasionally listen to Avril Lavigne. *gasp*
Weird I know most main stream kids don't even like her.....  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 2:55 pm
Not really a guilty subject for me, but going with this conversation, I like the occasional KoRn.  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

Chiemi Qx

Tipsy Prophet

8,775 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:19 pm
I dislike any mainstream music. There are a few exceptions, of course. Mainstream music is just an empty shell of rhyming words that has no meaning whatsoever.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:37 pm
i love aqua and dance to it all the time, i love fluffy thigns and some pink things (in moderation) and baking and gardening are effing great, also i love pioneer village and i want to someday work there as the butter churner haha  

xX x0mbie Xx

Draydrigo

Practical Archenemy

14,275 Points
  • Team Devin 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Squash Stomper 75
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:04 pm
I...well...sometimes I wear blue jeans and I like flowers and making desserts.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:41 pm
Eh..heheh

I ball room dance and listen to thinks like classical, opera, and blues

I play piano and....I sew >.>  

Lady Nasia Estelle

pneoqueen

Business Fairy

9,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:06 pm
batgirlforever
sometimes I do tend to go a little mainstream but that's just the type of person I am ... besies i don't think there is such a thing as a true Goth or a true Emo. If there was they died off long ago.
i think that its true. There is not such thing as true goth or true emo really there is no true anything. I am gothic i do wear black and listen to gothic music, but i love listening to pop music and rap. I love reading christen fiction. i love the color lilac. Plus i love to listen to buddha music it just calms me down after a really bad day.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:55 am
I like designing clothes...outfits for the runway...and photographing hopefuly-someday models.

I also enjoy advertising/selling a lot.  

Henneth Annun
Captain

Rose Patterned Twil

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:20 am
I baked cookies yesterday, not very stereotypical goth behavior, and I ate them while watching a chick flick ('Where the Heart is' to be precise)  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:50 am
I'm a avid Vogue reader, own 2 replica Louis Vuitton bags and have a bad craving for anything emilo pucci.

Annnddddd I love The Damned and My Chemical Romance, shamelessly. Of course, everytime I admit that, a baby bat somewhere falls down and dies.

m a r l o w

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:34 am
Chocaholic Beverage
I dislike any mainstream music. There are a few exceptions, of course. Mainstream music is just an empty shell of rhyming words that has no meaning whatsoever.

Hardly true.

Unlike underground music, mainstream music does have a base quality standard. For something to get popular, it has to have likable enough qualities with which to get popular. Underground music? There's no limit to how bad something underground can be.

On a side note- for such an outspoken critic of mainstream music, it's odd that nearly every band listed in your profile is mainstream.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:40 am
twilightrosegarden
Reading the thread "Morbid Fascination" I got to thinking, I don't have any morbid fascinations, but I DO have a few guilty pleasures. While these (unlike morbid fascinations) are socially acceptable, they aren't exactly fitting in with the alternative/badass lifestyle of mine. So Triple-G, what are your guilty little pleasures? Things you do behind lock doors and hide as soon as someone walks in? Mine are:

Rap and pop Music (*gasp*)
Crafts and Baking (snaps O.O)
And.........I LIKE the color pink (OMG! GTFO)

oh I'm still a rocker, but sometimes I like to devulge in mainstream behaviors. And you?

I usually listen to metal, grundge, gothic rock, and music like that... I refuse to listen to rap, and hip hop now...  

Devils_lilboy

Hells Angel

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:44 am
I combine my old clothes and turn them into something new looking thats unique.
I like to decorate and make things.
OMG moment: I still dance to the song "genie in a bottle"  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas