Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Sleeping Patterns Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

crown_of_thorns

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 1:10 am
What kind of sleeping patterns do you have? Do you like to go to bed and wake up nice and early? Are you basically half nocturnal? Or completely nocturnal, when you can be? Can you run on a little sleep, or do you need a lot?

Right now it's 4:08 am, and the third night in a row I'll be going to bed at 4:30. And yet I will wake up as early as 11 tomorrow so as to have a good full day. I enjoy my half-nocturnalness during the summer and on weekends and other breaks from school. And I can often run on little sleep, though I do have a point where I'm just way too sleep deprived to stay awake. Usually, however, I tend to fall asleep later and wake up earlier than everyone else around me at sleepovers, camps, and things like that.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 6:52 am
Sleep? What's that? No but seriously I don't get much sleep at all. It's not a case of I don't want to, I'd love to but just can't. I can be as tired as a tired thing but wont sleep, I can try all I like but that just leaves me frustrated.
11 o' clock isn't early by the way...
On holidays I get up at the time I'm supposed to on a school day and in school days I just wanna lie there all day...
Yeah I'm strange...
Last night I went to bed at one in the morning and read for a while, my phone lost battery so I don't know what time I got to sleep but after I'd read I tried to sleep... My efforts were in vain so I got some paper and pencils and drew for a while then I tried to sleep again and I guess after tossing and turning for a couple hours I got to sleep.
I remember that it was going pretty light by the time I got to sleep and there was a car alarm going off for some of the night.

Insomnia sucks.
I get so frustrated not being able to sleep and then I get restless and Mum asks me what I'm doing up at "this" time or I get told to:
"Go to sleep!"
stare
"Don't you think I've tried?"
"Just close your eyes it's not that hard!"
"That's what I've been doing for the last three hours..."
It usually takes me at least two hours to get to sleep if not it could be three, four or five.

Tears and Rain

~[Kryssi Katt]~

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 9:47 pm
I'm pretty nocturnal. I suppose you could call it half nocturnal. I'm awake, most nights, until around 3am and I usually sleep in until somewhere between 10-11:30 because the people in my house make me get out of bed. Honestly, I wouldn't want to be completely nocturnal. I like twilight too much for that. Afternoon rain clouds and sunsets...  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 9:51 pm
I usually subsist off of two naps generally. One from late (12-2 am) to time for my BF to go to work (4:15am generally) and another from when I get back (5:30-6am) to early afternoon (11am or so).  

lurichan
Vice Captain

evilgothgirl

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:08 am
stay up all night and sleep 5 hours in the day !  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 7:21 pm
i might as well be nocturnal during the summer. typically im up past 2 or 3 and wake up around 12 or 1-2 in the afternoon. personally, though, i wish i didnt have to sleep all that much so i could do evrything all the time. if i sleep in too late i dont get lunch!

during school though its 12:30 to 1 every night cuz i gotta wake up at 6:30  

themagikat

MorbidEclipse

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:28 pm
ooh sleep, I'd love to get some of that.
I'm an insomniac as well as a creature of the night. Yet I can't sleep with even a little light, so I'm wide awake in the dark, and sleepy in the day yet can't sleep. Oh well, that leaves little in the sleep department for me.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:57 am
Hmmm.... there usually isn't a pattern for me. Some times I can be up to 4am and sometimes I go to bed at 12. I sleep my day away though. By the time I get up, I have to eat supper. Do you still call it supper? Or is it dinner? Maybe its a Canadian thing.  

[ D i z z y ]

Muted Faith9

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 9:45 am
I usually go to bed around 2:30 or three and it take me an hour or two to fall asleep, i get up at 5:40 for school so thats only about 40-100 min, but over break i fall asleep at the same time and wake up around one xd  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:27 am
I'm sleeping even less than usual lately.....^^*  

lurichan
Vice Captain

IndigoGhost

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 9:32 am
I'm sorry, lurichan!

I can run on very, very little sleep. I usually stay up between 3:30-5:00, and wake up at 7:30. Getting out of bed is hard, but once I'm up, I can stay up almost indefinately.
But yes, I see there is another person here who finds it usually takes 2 hours or so to fall asleep. That's been a problem of mine for a very long time, and is especially annoying on sleepovers and what-not; my friends go to sleep in about 10 minutes, and I'm sitting there bored, probably not even tired. This problem has gone down a bit, though, and now it usually only takes me about an hour.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 9:40 am
Sleep... Why sleep????
Sleep is wiiiierd, i mean you expose yourself for a period of several hours leaving yourself completely open to any danger and or attack, and even while "Resting" the brain is still completely active which shows that the brain does not rest, so technically there is no real point to sleeping. If people lived in an alternate dimension where no one had to sleep and then saw a movie of a guy sleeping they'd be like "Why the hell is he exposing himself to danger in such a manner????"
that is my logic on sleep  

Ascher

lurichan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 9:51 am
Ascher
Sleep... Why sleep????
Sleep is wiiiierd, i mean you expose yourself for a period of several hours leaving yourself completely open to any danger and or attack, and even while "Resting" the brain is still completely active which shows that the brain does not rest, so technically there is no real point to sleeping. If people lived in an alternate dimension where no one had to sleep and then saw a movie of a guy sleeping they'd be like "Why the hell is he exposing himself to danger in such a manner????"
that is my logic on sleep

Because everyone needs to dream... without dreams there wouldn't be as much creativity and hope in the world, and it would be a much more depressing place to live.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 4:57 pm
Alas i'm fully nocturnal... i hate the sunlight (partly cause of an eyesight abnormality) so i have a tendency to stay up all night and sleep in the daytime whenever possible... acctually i stay up all night weather i have to get up in the morning or not, i'm also and insomniac...  

Hel Daughter of Loki

chick_with_a_chainsaw

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 4:32 am
i sleep when ever  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items