Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

*pushes button* <.< Shiny button...
  *self distructs* >,> Xp
View Results

Redwing~Shadow

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:39 pm
Ok, this is always something I've thought about and wondered. Yes, I'm a girl, and as people may sometimes think, it takes me or others hours to get ready to go out dressed up and everything, with make up and all the goods. Well, in reality, I don't wear make up, and I don't have any flashy or special cloths. For me to get up, get dressed, brush my hair and teeth, all the good stuff, usually takes me from 10-15(maybe 20) min. and when I'm in a real hurry it's usually 3-5. I don't bother getting any special clothing, putting on make-up or nothing of that sort. I just get ready and go. For special occasions it sometimes takes me longer but those are rare. The only time I wore make up was when I went to prom, that was practically it. I don't wear it out in public. ok...besides that...

...here's the question. How long does it take you to get ready to go out, and especially the dressy goth girls that might be out there. I know there might not be but I know some, and I know that there are girls like me who aren't really that picky. And ex friend of mine, who I'm only mentioning once because of some past issues, had made herself a goth. She wasn't one to begin with, she just turned into it. The only things she wears now are Tripp pants, black or dark color shirts, with anime on them still...lol...and her chokers and jewelry. For her to get ready to go out, dressed all up with the make up and everything...takes her 2 freakin hours...which that would kinda drive me insane, most girls I know spend no more then an hour, even my sister, who also wears make-up.

So this is the question: How long does it take you to get ready to go out? This is probably a stupid question, but really I wondered, so don't hate me for asking this. And don't hate me for any wording I might have used...

Edit~

Guys can answer too, don't go starting with me just because I wanted to know something. If your like me, and not lady like, then answer as well, I don't care. God...I hate when people make a deal over such a small thing. gezzz....don't argue...  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:11 pm
Why is this only for the ladies? I had a response in my mind, but i am not allowed to post it since i am not a "lady."  

zz1000zz
Crew

Redwing~Shadow

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:22 pm
Ok, I changed it, sorry for the small deal...and when you say your not a lady, you mean your not lady like as I am or are you a guy with a female avi...sorry, there are people that do that, and I don't know why, but you can sometimes never predict people in real life.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:56 pm
It takes me about 2 hours to get ready. I always have like 40 minute showers than I have to do my hair than my makeup. than it takes me forever to get my boots and a dress on than all my little accessories and what not.  

Her Cyanide--

DreamerSpirit

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:45 pm
If I shower (since I usually shower at night, and therefore usually don't need to thake one when I'm getting ready for the day) then it usually takes me an hour or so to get ready. It takes me 10-20 minutes to shower, <3 to brush my teeth and put on my acne cream and then 30-40 minutes to let my hair dry enough to get dressed.

However, on a normal morning it only takes me about 10-20 minutes. 10 minutes in the bathroom washing up, brushig my hair and teeth, and whatnot, plus 2-10 minutes to dress, depending on what I have to fuss with in terms of stockings, corsetry, gairters, layerd clothing, pettiecoats, lacing up boots, and whatnot. However, most days it only takes me a couple minutes to throw on a dress or a top and skirt, and then put on my combat boots (yay for zippers!)

I could never imigine taking two hours to get dressed up. o.o  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:16 pm
If I go all out with hair and make up it takes me about 25 minutes to get ready. I hate taking a really long time.  

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50

xX x0mbie Xx

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:45 pm
lets see dressing takes about 15 or so mins, makeup (if i choose to wear it) 5 mins hair 2 seconds so maybe all together 30 mins

now thats just cassually

formal stuff
shower(40 mins)
(hair) 20 mins
dressing 30 mins
makeup 10-15 mins
i take my time haha

i once had a friend who took about 6 hours to get dress im not even kidding i sat inher apartment playing games and watching many movies then she desided that what she was wearing was good >< GAH!  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:05 pm
Yeah I take about avg 30 for everything. Shower,Hair, makeup etc.

Myzaree_Mistress

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:45 pm
The most difficult thing I like to wear would be my second pair of boots (lace-up, buckle-up), which on average take about 5-10 minutes sweatdrop

Plus, I'm pretty bad with taking a while in the shower gonk (sometimes it's the same issue as Yuki's formal showers)  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:16 am
Well...i take a shower at night,
so that leaves...brushing my teeth,
washing my face,
make-up,
getting dress,
accessories,
doing my hair...about...an hour.

chickajasmine

Loki Iago

Anxious Scamp

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:16 am
School day: wake up. grab clothing. drink my slimfast. brush my teeth. brush my hair. put on makeup. (15 minutes)

Dance/Prom/Holiday: stockings/undies. brush teeth. makeup. get dressed. do hair. (20 minutes)

Prom-night I got this simple hairdo and the stylist was all "Um...so you're pretty low-maintence, aren't ya?" Yes. Yes I am.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:40 am
Without slowing down, it probably takes me about 20 minutes - 30, if I have to dry my hair [I have so much of it!].

In reality it takes me much longer because I give myself the time to take that time. I wake up early so I can be lazy about getting ready. And I do dress nicely - it's not that time consuming to put on good clothes. I don't see how wearing dressier clothes would take up more time than just putting on everyday clothes - and wear makeup. Makeup time will start to cut once you get into a routine and practise applying it.

User Image

MortSanglant

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:26 pm
Well, I'm lucky enough that I only need to wear jeans and teeshirt to work (since I work in a pizzeria), so it only takes me about 10-15 minutes to get ready. Wake up, shower, pull on some clothes, brush my teeth and dry my hair.

If I'm going out with my friends to a show or for drinks or whatever, I might take time to ******** around with my hair or actually put together an outfit, so I'd leave myself a half hour, just so I have extra time if I need it.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:29 pm
Redwing~Shadow
when you say your not a lady, you mean your not lady like as I am or are you a guy with a female avi...sorry, there are people that do that, and I don't know why, but you can sometimes never predict people in real life.

*shrugs*

Ask someone who knows.

P.S. We test tube babies have it rough.  

zz1000zz
Crew

OverlordMMM

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:58 pm
....well....if I had something to wear I would dress up much more.....but since I don't (and I rarely get the chance to wear what I do have) I don't dress up much.....there would be many exceptions if I had things my way though...  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff