Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Silver's newest stuff. New stuff added 7-8-07 Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Silver Sunrise

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:39 am
Well I have been busy trying to clear the to-do projects off my list of craftingness. So far I've made amigurumi for both my neice and nephew's birthday gifts. Right now I'm about 35 rows away from finishing my daughter's blanket. X3 I'll get pictures of it when I'm finished. X3 Oh has anyone here made granny squares before? I've got the nummy looking yarn and a pattern for a granny square afghan but the pattern if confusing the fook out of me. @_@ Anywho picture time!
For my neice, Plum the bunny
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

For my nephew, Shao the turtle
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:50 am
I've made a few hundred granny squares- where are you stuck?  

Silver Mist

Silver Sunrise

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:12 am
Silver Mist
I've made a few hundred granny squares- where are you stuck?
All of it. XD The pattern just doesn't seem clear to me at all.

Pattern
With a ch 8; join with a slip st (ok I understand this X3). Rnd1 with A ch 3, work 3 dc in the ring, 8ch 2, 4dc; repeat from * two more times, ch 2, join with sl st into top of begining ch 3.

There's more to the pattern but as I'm typing it out it's becoming a little more clear. I think I just need to take some scrap yarn and try to make one. XD  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:14 am
Basically, you crochet in the ring, not in the chains. Granny squares are clusters of DC, separated by a few chains, and on the next round, you DC in the spaces left by the chains. In the corners, you do 2 clusters of DC, of course separated by the chain space.  

AriRashkae

Mangolyn

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:26 am
Love the turtle! Did you make the patterns yourself or are they lurking someplace I can find them?  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:00 pm
Ari, Ok that makes much more sence than working into the chains. XD I'm sure I'll post more about the granny squares as I get into making them. I'm making the blanket for my side of our (my hubby and my) king sized bed. my side is under the AC vent, and hubby likes to keep the fan on at night so I end up shivvering and he's all "You're cold?" Lol!

Mangolyn
Love the turtle! Did you make the patterns yourself or are they lurking someplace I can find them?

I found both patterns online the bunny is from the lion brand pattern directory, and the turtle is from for the love of yarn. I did edit the turtle pattern slightly. I added 4 extra increase rows to the top half of the shell, and 3 extra increase rows to the bottom half of the shell. 3nodding  

Silver Sunrise

Ska Hippie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:15 pm
That turtle is too cute lol  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 5:50 am
Oh, those are adorable! *glomps the turtle* Mine! You can't have it back! whee

I wish I could make arigumi again.... cry  

knitting_needle_ninja

The Star is Vain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 6:24 am
Aw, that turtle is so cute! The 'ilu' thing made me go 'aw' in real life. biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:28 am
Ninja
I have to take a week off from yarn crafting. My wrists are protesting highly. I'd make you one if I could afford the postage. XD

Empathy
I was having way to much fun taking pictures. X3  

Silver Sunrise

ForestGreen

Green Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:35 am
oh ye gods, that turtle is the cutest thing!

Craft gloves are good things to have when your wrists protest. I bought one of mine through Annie's Attic and the other one at Michael's. They are also great for your mouse hand when mousing. I blew out my wrist a few years ago when I was trying sell my crochet and keep my table stocked. I kept a craft glove on the computer desk and one in my project bag. My wrist eventually got better, but it still gives me trouble every now and then. I find that the tension I need to use for thread crochet starts wearing on my wrist faster than if I'm using yarn.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:07 am
I have braces for my wrists, but I can't wear them and knit or crochet at the same time. I've searched high and low and can't find those gloves anywhere.  

knitting_needle_ninja

Silver Sunrise

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:50 am
ForestGreen
Ooo Thank you for the tip. I'll check out the local Michael's and see if I can find them. I've been saying I need some kind of brace fo my right wrist. It doesn't help having a metal plate in that wrist. Whenever the weather gets really nasty my wrist gets stiff. >_< Craft Gloves right? I'll deffinately check those out!  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:42 am
So instead of making another thread I'll post here. XD

I started on my dad's scarf friday. And as of lastnight I have one alien finished. I did find if I look at the wrong side of the scarf that the alien shows up rather plainly. Ari, did you scarf do that? I'm also thinking instead of fringe doing a crochet border, once around in each color. My dad's cat's LOVE yarn and I think to preserve the life of the scarf leaving the fringe off would be a good idea. Any thought on that?

Picture!

Silver Sunrise

The Star is Vain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:47 pm
o.o Creepy.  
Craftin'

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items