Welcome to Gaia! ::

Legion of Helpers

Back to Guilds

Help for new Members and Friends for those who have been here for years a place to call home! 

Tags: Help, Friends, Contests, Quest, RolePlay 

Reply Role Playing IC and OOC
Land of the Shadows Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LanceCalvis
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:40 pm
Elder Order
This land was a chaotic world that just happened to be a Nexus point for many other worlds. In the beginning it was a land ruled by a tyrant king that ruled with an iron fist. The King Infinity actually had the power to edit the world as he saw fit. The laws were nothing like they are now. These laws were enforced by magical means and in some rare cases those that broke them were deleted from existence. No one dared challenge this king and those that did payed the price by sitting in a prison cell or being forced to serve in the kings vast army. The details of how this king lost his rules were lost. Only those that were around at the time could really tell you what really happened.

Old Order
With the revision of the laws after many years the people finally elected a new leader. They were the leader of a council of elders chosen by the people to maintain order. The councils coming into power brought much growth to the land and many houses and towns were built from it. There was also many alliances made within the land. Those of great power could choose to benefit the land for better or worse. Anyone that stepped out of line didn't have to fear a tyrant government and instead these people within the land made sure order was kept. There were many secret alliances but the largest were between too factions. The Watchers whose sole goal was to monitor and keep the peace in secret throughout the land. And the Knights which often chose to take a more direct approach in things. This didn't last though, with too much allowed to go on the towns were eventually burned down and the castles demolished. After this the order of Watchers and those that watched over the land still existed.

New Order
To keep other worlds from falling victim to these powerful and evil characters. Magic laws were installed as they were in the past. Every land had a strict amount of power a person was allowed to have on that plane. No leaders were elected and instead portals leading to some weaker planets were locked off and few were trusted to travel there. A few were given access to these planets as a precaution just in case someone managed to find a way to travel to one of those areas. The barrier was made in a very careful and meticulous manner. Everything from time travel to an attempt to break the barrier were taken into account. The strongest Wizards and Immortals they could find at the time made this barrier. Ever since the fall of the first king the lands strongest warriors had come from all over the place. The gods that inhabited these lands lived in a small part of the world and left the rest of the land to there children. Some being mortal and others even having a hint of Immortality in there blood line.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:12 pm
Here are the rules when creating a character:

1: Follow the Gaia Terms of Service
2: You must post a profile for this Roleplay

Character Name:

Faction: (You can choose to belong to the Watchers, the Knights or leave this blank and live as a lone wolf).

Order: (Post Elder Order, Old Order or New Order in his area. Keep in mind though this will also affect your characters age. Anyone belonging to the Old Order would have to be an adult. Also anyone belonging to the Elder Order would have to be an Elder of the land).

Race: (You can choose whatever race you want in this area. This is a magical land and there are many races that inhabit it. If you want you can also add the title Mortal or Half-Mortal to your race. Your mortality in addition to your race will ultimately affect how different factions view you).

Description of your character: (you can also add backround history in this area if you want but it isn't needed).  

LanceCalvis
Crew

LanceCalvis
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:32 pm
Character Name: Watcher
Faction: Watchers
Order: Old Order
Race: Human (Half-Mortal)

Description of your character: Watcher has had a long bloodline of people that belonged to this group. From a very young age he was given the name more or less marking him to one day join there ranks. He had been given the name of there founder because great things were expected of him. This was a burden he willingly took on his shoulders though. There usually wasn't any need for the Watchers to get involved really. Most dangerous figures were defeated by renegade hunters. To keep his skills up he would often hunt as these Renegades did. This made the faction angry and although he was very good at what he did his actions kept Watcher from rising within the ranks. He was allowed to act as he pleased as long as he didn't break one of two rules.

One, you must never attack an innocent person. And the most important rule of all. You are not allowed for any reason to allow people from this land outside its barriers. Watcher had one of the few keys that allowed him to travel to other planets. The key only worked in his hands and only if he willed it to be used. Letting the creatures and people within this land out to wander around as they please would ultimately lead to disaster just as there old order had ended in.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:05 pm
Note: Some factor of this story I tried to leave out to make this somewhat believable. For instance, most of the characters in this story originally lived for god-like amounts of time. Also, there was a term that was also used in measuring time. A Centron is a made up term meaning 10,000 human years and it was often alot easier to measure this way. Also, time traveled at a much faster pace than on Earth in this world. People didn't die from old age either. Instead when a character died they would simply be allowed to wander the planet within a set time. Provided they were not a total menace that was. And the most unbelievable factor was something I called Zero Access. Basically it allowed a Magician to literally edit the world as they saw fit. Only a few character ever had this power throughout the story and they all ended up loosing it. This idea is similar to the Architect in the Matrix but I came up with the idea years before I ever saw that movie. If you want me to add any of these laws into the land just post saying so and I can add to the first post.  

LanceCalvis
Crew

Krusadin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:27 am
Character Name: Kuu
Faction:
Order: New Order
Race: Airwalker; meaning that she has traits of an bird in her, like wings,
and good senses. Half-immortal.

Description of your character: Her bird is a black owl. She has something like feathery ears on her head (uhm...you know what some owls have, my english is limited) and in her airwalker form, her hair is just long, black feathers that rise up when she gets mad. She can transform into a full owl and a full lady, but she can't change her orange eyes.
In her lady form, she has black, sleek, knee-lenght hair and pale skin. She wears a simple calf-lenght leather dress without sleeves.
She doesen't believe in anything other than her hunting skills, she hunts
lesser demons. Her weapons are her claws and she carries a light silver staff in her back. She couldn't care less ofthe watchers or the knights.
She just is and has always been there.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:40 pm
(200 years of age would place your character as part of the New Older. This means there Power and Magic is somewhat limited. It also means that they will be allowed to live as they wish. Elders of the Land are watched at all times so they are not allowed to live in towns or villages. New Order members are allowed to live with other people in a village. These peoples actions are also monitored on a regular basis to make sure they are not stepping out of line).  

LanceCalvis
Crew

Krusadin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:52 pm
(I don't really want too much of that magic stuff anyway whee Am I all set now?)  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:28 pm
Krusadin
(I don't really want too much of that magic stuff anyway whee Am I all set now?)

(Yes, you can start Roleplaying at anytime).  

LanceCalvis
Crew

King Phar

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:41 pm
Character Name: darkmear

Faction: (You can choose to belong to the Watchers, the Knights or leave this blank and live as a lone wolf).

Order: (Post Elder Order, Old Order or New Order in his area. Keep in mind though this will also affect your characters age. Anyone belonging to the Old Order would have to be an adult. Also anyone belonging to the Elder Order would have to be an Elder of the land). old

Race: (You can choose whatever race you want in this area. This is a magical land and there are many races that inhabit it. If you want you can also add the title Mortal or Half-Mortal to your race. Your mortality in addition to your race will ultimately affect how different factions view you). drow or deep elf

Description of your character: (you can also add backround history in this area if you want but it isn't needed).
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:51 pm
Watcher bowed before a council of elders at there Headquarters. Rank three Watcher reporting in. Before him were several elders sitting on top of stone pillars. The floor was made mostly of Granite and Stone which was hand carved. Many names of people past and present that had served in the Council were carved onto the stones before him. The land is currently at peace. I only had to capture two bandits this week.

Council 1- Watcher, your actions made us all look bad. Do you not understand the notion of us operating in secret?

Watcher- Yes I do but I fear the people grow to leery of our secretive actions. Many question if our true motive is peace or just our version of peace.

Council 2- Never forget your place Watcher. As only one of few Defenders in this land you are charged with keeping the peace. Make sure you always keep peace in mind in your actions.

Council 3- Oh and Watcher...........congrats on your work lately. I find your methods are unusual at best. But results speak for themselves, dismissed.

Watcher- He stood up brushing his pant legs off of any dirt that had gotten on them. Turning and leaving the room he passed under a stone archway as he thought to himself. Things have been too quite lately. In my experience this land doesn't stay peaceful for very long. I'd bet this is just the calm before the storm. Well..........I'm pretty sure most of the inhabitants of this land know that two. It is best that they stay mostly in doors for now to be on the safe side of things. Watcher spoke out loud in a rather calm matter, "well..........I guess I should do my rounds for the day. He lifted up a piece of paper on a clipboards. Hmmmmmm, let's see.......the clipboard read as following:

Watcher (Rank 3)
Level of inhabitants there: Level 4 in addition to many wildlife creatures. Keep your wits about you in this area. Many Dryads and other such creatures live in this area. The dangers in these woods often resort to trickery in many cases. One last note, the human inhabitants of this area are mostly Rogues. They don't care for the Watchers but seldom interfere with our activities.  

LanceCalvis
Crew

King Phar

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:55 pm
walking in the east forest darkmear read the book with no name.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 2:03 pm
Kuu was circling in the air, watching her prey eating an elven childs remains. She had come too late for the little boy but at least she could take his revenge on the dog-hanyo.
She dived smoothly with her wings pulled back and pierced the demons head with her staff. Her speed ripped it off from the demons body and the torso fell down still holding the boys head on its claws. She flew to her nest and put the head among her other...collectibles.  

Krusadin

LanceCalvis
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 2:05 pm
Watchers rounds of the forest had been pretty much uneventful. He kept his wits about him as he walked through the forest. The trees were absolutely huge. So much in fact that the sky was blocked out from the branches and leaves. He looked around the area as he scouted for anything suspicious. That is when Watcher spotted someone sitting on a rock reading a Dark Arts book. He pointed toward them with his index finger on his right hand. You, what is your name and what are you doing reading restricted material such as that?  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 2:08 pm
"dark arts this book is black." show him the book the pages are blank for all he can see.  

King Phar

Role Playing IC and OOC

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces