Welcome to Gaia! ::

The FIRST Shojo Beat Guild

Back to Guilds

Come visit us at The Shojo Beat Guild and talk about everything the magazine has to offer: Manga, Artists, J-music, and more!!! 

Tags: Shojo, Beat, Magazine, Tankoban, Girls 

Reply .: Shojo Beat :: The -now defunct- Magazine :.
August 07 Issue Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kel aka gandy
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:28 am
User Image
On the cover: Eve from Shojo Eve ★ Eve's Applework 24 Hours by: Arina Tanemura
(The cover features the same artwork that was on the cover of the "extra issue" of Ribon that the oneshot originally ran in in Japan.)
Volume 3, Issue 8

Inside:
The final serialized chapter of NANA
The first chapter of Sand Chronicles
Your normal chapters of Absolute Boyfriend, Crimson Hero, Vampire Knight, and Baby & Me
Oneshot: Shojo Eve ★ Eve's Appleworks 24 Hours by:Arina Tanemura
Normal Hot List, Get This Look, and High Style, Low Budget
Manga spolight on Godchild
DIY: Obon Lanterns
Lots of stuff about Obon
How to make Ohagi
Drawing with Yuu
"Cute-o-meter:" Are you a Baby & Me fan? Take the Minoru matching quiz
An Article about the lolita style by Vivian Hoffpauir of Vivcore.com
"Tanemuraland"
"Hula and the Secret of Life:" The director of Hula Girls chats with SB
"Local Lingo"
An interview with Gackt
Beat Box
Street Seen

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:55 pm
OMG!!!! I can't wait!! yeah!!  

idontknow898908

Fuyu Maiden

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:55 am
I just got mine in the mail and I have to say right away that I love it. Especially because it had an Arina Tanemura One-Shot that I had never read before. That made me so excited.

But this was a really good issue. I like the new manga...I forget what it's called but I can already tell that I'm going to like it. It seems to have the whole "family" thing that Baby and Me tries to portray, but in Baby and Me I just can't identify with it at all. It's definitely better to have a heroine in shojo manga I think.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 11:26 am
Fuyu Maiden
I just got mine in the mail and I have to say right away that I love it. Especially because it had an Arina Tanemura One-Shot that I had never read before. That made me so excited.

But this was a really good issue. I like the new manga...I forget what it's called but I can already tell that I'm going to like it. It seems to have the whole "family" thing that Baby and Me tries to portray, but in Baby and Me I just can't identify with it at all. It's definitely better to have a heroine in shojo manga I think.

The one-shot was awesome. It kind of annoyed me at first, cuz of the whole, I'm pretty and I don't like it thing...but then I actually got to like the character, and I ended up loving it.

Sand Chronicles is the new one. I really liked it too. I'm really glad they put it in.

kel aka gandy
Captain

Selene_Death_Dealear

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:26 pm
I absolutely love it too. Except the fact that Nana's not gonna be in it anymore!!  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:41 pm
I was wondering how far are we in Vampire Knight for America?  

KikyoRin

Selene_Death_Dealear

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:02 am
I recently got mine in the mail. I really like it. It's really good.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:06 am
KikyoRin

We're at about chapter 13 or 14.

kel aka gandy
Captain

panda21

4,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:24 pm
I loved the Tanemura one-shot! Now I'm really jealous of Eve's outfits.... Sand Chronicles seems like it's going to be a good series, but I'm really going to miss Nana...but there's always the bimonthly volumes!  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 4:46 pm

.: ✖ :♥: ☆ * { ~ › ♪(‹•
星に願いを恋こそ今すべて•›) ♪ ‹ ~ } * ☆ :♥: ✖ :.

I finally got it yesterday and didn't read it until this morning when I woke up....

I actually quite enjoyed Sand Chronicles it was an interesting story and had a sort of old school Shojo Manga Charm to it. I am sad to see Nana go, but I understand why (Spoiler
FINALLY WHEN HACHI GET'S KNOCKED UP!I saw the little sentence which read something like "yes, the drama is that much that we'll have to shrink wrap it from now on." I giggled. because well starting volume 8.. that little bubble on every Shojo Beat Manga, "The Real Drama Begins in..." will actually be true. lol. Vampire Knight was actually less emo than normal to me for a change. the Tanemura-sensei one shot was really rushed to me... the story didn't make much since but the art was amazing, like always.

.: ✖ :♥: ☆ * { ~ › ♪
(‹•The Very hope of love, is now entirely to the stars•›) ♪ ‹ ~ } * ☆ :♥: ✖ :.

Rainbows+Unicorns
Vice Captain

Chatty Fatcat

5,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Asano Rain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:38 am
That one-shot by Arinacchi was pretty vapid, I thought. Beautiful artwork (erm, are we surprised?) but paper-thin, forgettable story. Ah, well, it's merely a one-shot and Arinacchi's apparently a busy woman, churning out wonderful Shinkuro for us every month, xD

I really like Sand Chronicles/Sunadokei more than I ever thought I would. It was funny, touching, and sweet (with a hint of impending sadness), all in one. It looks to be a very warm series and I definitely look forward to it. I'm also looking forward to Honey and Clover being in the next issue... some josei manga for us, yay~ ^__^ I'm sad that NANA had to leave because of it, but faster English releases = happy us, right? For the most part?  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:38 pm
This issue was great! I have to say, Arina Tanemura's artwork is so beautiful especially in the one chapter story shojo eve. I'm sad that the series nana is leaving, but sand chronicles is a good manga too! I'm looking forward to the following chapters and the new series honey and clover.  

ellehciMMichelle

lilxclusive1

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:26 am
Quote:

So far the latest chapter in Japan is I think Chapter 30 or 31. I read the scanlations. Really good! 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:12 pm
I have a little issue here, I subscribed in July hoping to get the August 07 issue (cuz July 07 was the last one before my sister's subscription ended) and I just got the September issue today. Does it skip a month? I'm confused, I was sure that I'd get Aug issue when I subscribed in July. Or do I just have to go to the store and buy the Aug 07 one?  

B u m i-c h a n

Asano Rain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:42 pm
K i o K u n
I have a little issue here, I subscribed in July hoping to get the August 07 issue (cuz July 07 was the last one before my sister's subscription ended) and I just got the September issue today. Does it skip a month? I'm confused, I was sure that I'd get Aug issue when I subscribed in July. Or do I just have to go to the store and buy the Aug 07 one?

You could try contacting Shojo Beat and asking them to send you a back issue as well.  
.: Shojo Beat :: The -now defunct- Magazine :.

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games