Reply The Order of the Phoenix: A Harry Potter Guild
Order of the Phoenix Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kanami Hanaki

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 4:15 pm
What did you think? I thought it was alrigtht. Just they could've done more with the death scene. *saw the midnight showing* yay!  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:00 am
i like the goblet better  

xXBunnyPrincessXx

evil_black_cat

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:36 am
I finally saw it yesterday! heart  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 1:50 pm
Yeah, the death scene wasn't very good. gonk They shouldn't have had Bellatrix say Avada Kedavra, since she didn't in the book, making it seem like going through the veil killed him. And I thought the veil should've looked more like a veil too...

But the movie was overall really good.

Noelani Rules

Grey Gardens

1,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:23 pm
Noelani Rules
Yeah, the death scene wasn't very good. gonk They shouldn't have had Bellatrix say Avada Kedavra, since she didn't in the book, making it seem like going through the veil killed him. And I thought the veil should've looked more like a veil too...

But the movie was overall really good.

I know that kind of upsetted me with how she killed him instead. And I don't think they made it emotional enough, like they could've had Harry screaming but instead of making it silent being able to hear him. That probably would've made me cry haha.

I also think they cut too much out. But it was still an amazing movie, but if you've read the book it's a tad upsetting.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:13 pm
yeah. i saw it the day it opened. i wanted to see the midnight show; but i couldn't D: anyways. it's nothing compared to the book. the movie was pretty good. i kinda expected it to be a little better. but i did like it. they did a good job. but the death scene wasn't that great like 'Noelani Rules' said and also i wanted to see dobby in this movie. D: but i'll live. i did love luna. she did an amazing job! C:

Keyairia

kezelle1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:52 am
i saw it on the 11th  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:57 am
Mine is kind of long. something i posted in the movie thread already too.

There are only a few things I can say I honestly liked about this movie. Staunton’s job as Umbridge was brilliant. I hated her character from the first little cough she gave during Harry’s trial and I knew then she was going to be amazing. Also Carter’s job as Bellatrix was amazing to put it simple. It was short but really what I felt Bellatrix would be like.

As for my dislike that list goes on. Could almost write volumes.

For one, the entire thing was rushed. I think they could have splurged on an extra twenty minutes for the movie seeing as how the book is the longest of the series.

I think cutting out most of what happened at Grimmauld’s place was a bad idea, especially the scene when Harry first arrives. He was supposed to explode with anger because Dumbledore had such little contact with him, avoiding him. The movie was just like a kid not getting his way. It was just a little tantrum. Also, completely leaving out Hermione and Ron becoming prefects, I thought that was really important in the book because it fueled Harry's anger and raised more questions as to why Dumbledore was avoiding Harry (which was barely touched upon to begin with).

Also the prophecy was barely touched upon and had I not read the book I would not have really know the importance of it. My mom did not read the book ergo she did not really understand and I had to later explain most of the movie to her. You see very little of Harry and Sirius together which cuts the emotional pull when Sirius actually dies, because there was no actual bonding between Sirius and Harry. There's so much missing you can't even call it a good movie.

I'm so disappointed in the Snapes memory scene. It was supposed to be the first real look we got at the Marauders while they were in school and it was cut to a minuscule 20 seconds. I also wished they spent a little more time on the house of black. There is an entire back story about Sirius that I really enjoyed reading that they shouldn’t have cut out just for time’s sake. Also there was supposed to be a big heap of information we were supposed to get from Dumbledore that is cut extremely short.

There were a lot of cut characters and Scenes i think were important for both this movie and the ones to follow.

I know you can’t put everything in a movie but there are some things that just needed to be in there. I think if they would have kept things a closer to the book and not done things in the way they chose they would have been able to do it better, more canon. But whatever, it’s not like I have to see it again if I don’t want.

yougotownt12341245453

princess_slytherin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:58 pm
nice movie, really nice  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:20 am
it was cool. i love it, but i thought they would have a much better flashback. The flashback they had was cool, bit it was too short.  

pneoqueen

Business Fairy

9,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Conversationalist 100

covo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:07 am
I loved it, it was really good. The only thing that bothered me a little was Sirius's death, it lasted about 3 seconds, they didn't even give you enough time to cry or really take it in.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:42 pm
i like it.. it was gud. surprised  

krazytaffy

Josephine Falnor

8,800 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:03 pm
I just went yesterday. I thought it was really bad. evil Oh well.....  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:57 pm
My friend and I also saw the midnight show. We even dressed up. Over all the movie was good but they took sooo many parts out. And some of them I was really lookin forward to. Some of them were: Dobby and the Room, Seeing that girl have Liar all over her face, when Harry, Ron and Hermione go to St. Mungo's, Ron the brain-thingys and Pro. Umbridge in the Hospital Wing after bring attacked by centars. I can't wait til the 6th Movie comes out, again I want to see the Midnight show.  

Tani_Yamada

cool link

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:58 pm
I thought the movie was good but they left out important parts like, Hermione and Ron being Prefects and Ron being a Keeper, QUIDDITCH!!!  
The Order of the Phoenix: A Harry Potter Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff