Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
I call myself the Grammar King, but look... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do I really need help with my grammer?
  Yep.
  No.
  Maybe.
View Results

Darkchild06

Business Raider

6,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:49 am
Yeah I sent her this message and this is what it said...

Quote:
Awww... for real...hahahahahaha....(sigh) Dude guess what, this woman and her son came over my house yeseterday and she told her son to come in the room with me to play with my playstation 2. So I was playing Street Crimes and the little boy who was 3 years old was like he wanted to play something else so I was like no, this is my game and I'm plaing what I want. So the little boy went outside to tell my mother that I wouldn't let him play. So she came in and made me turn off Strret Crimes and put in Dragon ball Z... now I didn't want to play Dragon Ball Z because I already beat it and I wasn't in the mood to play any other game. So he was trying to take it out the case and he was bending it. I got even more mad and I was like No don't do that so I took it from him and put it in. So when th egame started he was like "You gonna lose and I'm gonna win... you be him and I be him and I will win all the games and you will lose." That's when I turned to my darkside and I was like, "How am I going to lose and I don't evn have a second controller." The little kid stilll kept saying the same thing, and it pissed me off. Now here is something that will make everyone in the world mad. I gave him my controller to my playstation 2 and he was VERY rough with it, like he was trying to destroy it...and plus he was loing anyway so I took the controller from him and I was playing with my favorite character and then he was like , "It's my turn it's my turn." So I told him it wasn't his turn and I won and I turned DBZ off and put Street Crimes back in and I finaaly finished my case so, I turned the game off and I told him the news was on. So again he went outside and he told my mom I turned the game off, of course my mother was drunk ans she was like let him play some more... and then I yelled (I actually did yell and I'm surprised she didn't do anything) "Ma, I'm about to watvh the news and someone died in detroit and he got shot!" So ma was for real where? I was like IN DETROIT!! and she told him me and my sister were about to go to sleep. So I was glad that 10 arrived because somebody was going to die that day. but luckily no one did In the end the little brat went home and I was happy.

I know I mispelled some words in here but I was in a rush...  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:03 am
Please post your opinoins.  

Darkchild06

Business Raider

6,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Gaian 50

Patron with a Mission

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:00 am
My opinions are based on the fact that I am a writing tutor. I suggest you hit the "F7" button on your computer if you're typing. It automatically checks the spelling of the entire document, and you can correct as you go through it.

But if you're like me, who currently has the "e" button stuck, then just try to push the button a bit harder.

As for writing, well, there's nothing you can do except look it over and correct as you go. wink  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:01 am
I think you should split some of the longer sentences into shorter sentences, because some parts of your writing are difficult to follow.

Other than that, just watch out for typos.

Please note that it's grammar with an a, not an e. You're in a grammar guild.

By the way, please don't bump in this guild. Your thread isn't going to fall off the first page too soon.  

The MoUsY spell-checker

MadnessFreak

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:10 am
Before you can claim to use good grammar, you must learn to spell the word 'grammar'.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:33 am
Okay, thanks people I didn't know Grammar was apelled with an a.... looks like I have to concentrate on my words a little more.  

Darkchild06

Business Raider

6,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Gaian 50

OneMightyTHOR

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:54 am
dameonmac5918
My opinions are based on the fact that I am a writing tutor. I suggest you hit the "F7" button on your computer if you're typing. It automatically checks the spelling of the entire document, and you can correct as you go through it.

But if you're like me, who currently has the "e" button stuck, then just try to push the button a bit harder.

As for writing, well, there's nothing you can do except look it over and correct as you go. wink

Double Wow for that... A writing tutor, eh? How awesome. I just wish I could write well, let alone be a writing tutor! Bah. Good job for that! And... I didn't know that "F7" key functions as a spell checker when you type. When I'm in doubt, I normally just go to www.webster.com, which is a hassle, really. Ha! How cool. I'm going to try that. Thank you, D. smile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:31 pm
OneMightyTHOR
dameonmac5918

Double Wow for that... A writing tutor, eh? How awesome. I just wish I could write well, let alone be a writing tutor! Bah. Good job for that! And... I didn't know that "F7" key functions as a spell checker when you type. When I'm in doubt, I normally just go to www.webster.com, which is a hassle, really. Ha! How cool. I'm going to try that. Thank you, D. smile

sweatdrop You're welcome...keep in mind that may lead to depending on it to often, though.

As for my skills, I just happen to re-enforce the rules in my mind, but I too make mistakes. 3nodding  

Patron with a Mission

OneMightyTHOR

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:03 am
dameonmac5918
OneMightyTHOR
dameonmac5918

sweatdrop You're welcome...keep in mind that may lead to depending on it to often, though.

As for my skills, I just happen to re-enforce the rules in my mind, but I too make mistakes. 3nodding

smile Good evening. That's true. Sometimes when you use something too much, you tend to depend on or get use to it without even knowing it. However, I can't seem to work my "F7" key to do its function. Do you have to have a special program for it? Is there something I need to do before or after pressing "F7"? Sorry to bother you with this, it's not really all that important, I just simply want to see how it works on my laptop. lmao

Another matter I want to mention here, in regards to getting dependent on something you use too much... is texting. I must say that "txt talk" on cellphones are sometimes necessary esp. if you have a monthly quota or limit like I do. I am guilty for using "txt-talk" on cellphones. However, I do not use "txt-talk" here or in writing. My parents totally refuse to have my little sister text her friends or family in "txt talk", she is only 13 years old and is still working on her spelling. My parents feel that this texting or "text-talk" will make her confuse and will end up getting use to spelling her words that way, meaning the wrong way. I don't know if that is over acting on their part but thought I'd mention it here. Might be a wrong thread too so forgive me, as I am new still fairly new.

smile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:04 pm
OneMightyTHOR
dameonmac5918
OneMightyTHOR
dameonmac5918

smile Good evening. That's true. Sometimes when you use something too much, you tend to depend on or get use to it without even knowing it. However, I can't seem to work my "F7" key to do its function. Do you have to have a special program for it? Is there something I need to do before or after pressing "F7"? Sorry to bother you with this, it's not really all that important, I just simply want to see how it works on my laptop. lmao

Another matter I want to mention here, in regards to getting dependent on something you use too much... is texting. I must say that "txt talk" on cellphones are sometimes necessary esp. if you have a monthly quota or limit like I do. I am guilty for using "txt-talk" on cellphones. However, I do not use "txt-talk" here or in writing. My parents totally refuse to have my little sister text her friends or family in "txt talk", she is only 13 years old and is still working on her spelling. My parents feel that this texting or "text-talk" will make her confuse and will end up getting use to spelling her words that way, meaning the wrong way. I don't know if that is over acting on their part but thought I'd mention it here. Might be a wrong thread too so forgive me, as I am new still fairly new.

smile

Depends. On Firefox browsers, anything that is misspelled will have a red line under it. The F7 button is for MS Word. Sorry for not clarifying. sweatdrop  

Patron with a Mission

Emilem

Quotable Dabbler

6,650 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Generous 100
  • Big Tipper 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:12 pm
User ImageI'm sorry, but that just killed me.

No further comment.
~~Hey, th` name's Cressy.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:04 am
Oh smile Thank you for the clarifications. Good day!  

OneMightyTHOR

Darkchild06

Business Raider

6,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:01 am
Oh, brother.....  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:46 am
...on Mac OS X, anything that is tied to the system will have system-wide spell checking biggrin .  

TheStoof

Shigures Editor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:27 am

O_O Woah. Wall of text. But I saw some misspelled words here and there.. I guess it's acceptable if you're in a rush.

Just goes to show that nobody's the grammar king/queen. >>;

Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces