Are you sad about Harry Potter?
  Yes ;_;
  I haven't read it yet [me- *glare* how DARE you!]
  No. [me- you evil soul. >.>]
View Results

I need a username

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:16 pm

I know this is a bit early to post, but

When did you guys finish reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows?

Are you going to read it again?

Are you in a mourning state right now?

I finished my book at 10:19 am. :]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:44 am
why would one be mourning, nobody good died
frankly, i have now finished reading it twice, finishing the first time through at 5:30ish sat morning  

agrab0ekim

Shigures Editor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:52 am
I finished it at 4 this morning. :]

I'm pretty sad that (spoiler, highlight to see) Fred and Lupin died. ;___; Oh well, at least (another spoiler) Lupin and Tonks died together.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:27 am
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Highlight to read:
How could Dobby, Hedwig, Mad-eye, Lupin, Tonks, Fred and everyone else i have missed DIE??? I LOVED this book to death!!!!!  

loonyxoxlovegood

l3roken5oul

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:57 am
I didn't sleep, haha. Read from 4:00 when I got it yesterday afternoon and finished at 8:00 this morning.

13 hours and 43 minutes

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:23 pm
I just finished it, i could of finished it yesterday(i got the book around 430pm) but i knew i would regret finishing it so early...at least my questions about snapes motives were answered...  

The Chronokinetic King

AtreeX

Salty Cat

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:30 pm
I finished at roughly 9:00 pm and started at 1:30 am yesterday (yesterday = 7/21/07). I had to sleep and such though, so I only took about ten hours of actual reading.
I'll probably re-read the entire series again.
I'm in a mourning state. (Highlight below.)
Fred was my favorite character in the entire series (yes, he was even my favorite of the Weasley twins). Lupin and Tonks made me extremely sad too - Lupin was so close to having a happy life for once and Tonks just added onto that. Mad-Eye didn't affect me nearly as much, neither did many others. Hedwig wasn't too saddening either, but Dobby was upsetting. At least Dobby died in an honorable way though.

EDIT:// I just realized this - no, my avatar is not dressed in black because I'm SERIOUSLY mourning... I just like the way it looks.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:53 pm
2 more chapters *tears* its almost over.  

ofbittersweetmemories

Rand-Alth0r

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:10 pm
some spoilers

i was really happy with the ending especially when everyone thought harry was dead and wasnt. i was cheerin for him...but george without FRED??? it seems unnatural and what about their store? it explained what happened to harry and hermione and ron and ginny and such but what about george? percy? wtf happened to them? but...i was EXTREMELY satisfied and amazed. i diddnt think it was possible to make a good ending without killing off harry...but in a way he did haha  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:43 pm
agrab0ekim
frankly, i have now finished reading it twice, finishing the first time through at 5:30ish sat morning

What the hell are you talking about!!!!!!! Remus Lupin and Tonks died!!!!!!!!!!! They left behind a son you idiot!!!!!! He will never know his parents now and plus he will live with Harry and Ginny for his childhood instead of with his parents!!!!! Fred weasley also died!!!!! Are you seriousley telling me that they are nobody imporatant you a*****e!!!!!!!!!  

jingle bear

agrab0ekim

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:30 pm
jingle bear
agrab0ekim

What the hell are you talking about!!!!!!! Remus Lupin and Tonks died!!!!!!!!!!! They left behind a son you idiot!!!!!! He will never know his parents now and plus he will live with Harry and Ginny for his childhood instead of with his parents!!!!! Fred weasley also died!!!!! Are you seriousley telling me that they are nobody imporatant you a*****e!!!!!!!!!

first off, personal attacks are uncalled for

however, consider... when three friends die, to properly make the ark, you need the final of the great friends to die
then, that sets up Tonks dieing so that Harry becomes similar to Serious

As for Fred, you knew he had to as the main trial for the twins (they all needed trials)

frankly, all three are useless minor characters, they do nothing to advance the book in the last two books, and are easily replaceable  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:49 am
agrab0ekim

fred, lupin, tonks, dobby, mad eye, colin creevy!! good people so died. i was sad. harry half died too.  

t-o-o-t-s-i-e

t-o-o-t-s-i-e

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:52 am
agrab0ekim
jingle bear
agrab0ekim

however, consider... when three friends die, to properly make the ark, you need the final of the great friends to die

As for Fred, you knew he had to as the main trial for the twins (they all needed trials)

frankly, all three are useless minor characters, they do nothing to advance the book in the last two books, and are easily replaceable

i kno lupin had to die. i dont kno why he had to die. and its good tonks died with him, because she would never hav forgiven herself. but i still cried when i read it. fred didnt need to die. that was sad and pointless. although, it brought percy back into the fold better.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:47 pm
t-o-o-t-s-i-e
agrab0ekim

fred, lupin, tonks, dobby, mad eye, colin creevy!! good people so died. i was sad. harry half died too.

yes, good people died
so did evil people  

agrab0ekim

agrab0ekim

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:48 pm
t-o-o-t-s-i-e
agrab0ekim
jingle bear
agrab0ekim

i kno lupin had to die. i dont kno why he had to die. and its good tonks died with him, because she would never hav forgiven herself. but i still cried when i read it. fred didnt need to die. that was sad and pointless. although, it brought percy back into the fold better.

Fred needed to
she had to show the Weasly family making atleast one sacrifice, and so she got rid of a replaceable one (two of the same, one is not needed)  
Book 7- Rumors and Predictions

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff