Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Literature
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have you read it?
  YES! *holds up book as the light of the gods beams down upon it*
  Never will.
  I'm in the middle!
  Give me the gold and no one will get hurt.
View Results

Sister_Lenore

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:23 pm
Without giving any of it way, I want to know who else is pissed off about the events that occured within the book? Anyone? *raises hand*  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:38 pm
Well, I was really sad when I finished reading it. But it's a great book.  

timehopper

Malak al-Maut

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:50 pm
Beware, young folk, as you pass by.
As you are now, so once was I.

Typical Rowling, I guess. A lot of what happens is pretty predictable. Even so, it's more catchy than a show tune.

As I am now, you too shall be.
So, prepare for death, and follow me.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 3:11 am
I'm reading it ever so thoroughly... Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows is my all time favourite book that I have ever read now heart

But I hate all the events that come through all of the characters... it's so heartbreaking! But I guess that's Rowling for you.  

Shikaeii

Calica

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:25 am
I thought it was a very good book. (Whited for spoilers.) But I wish we could have seen what happened to George after Fred died. And I also wish that the epilogue wasn't so very very cheesy.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:12 am
I agree that a lot of it was sad, but I wouldn't say that it mad me angry with JK. Things like that just happen sometimes; not even the author has complete control over what happens after the characters are fully formed.  

Amphion

Calica

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:53 am
Right. Sometimes characters just have to die, even if the author herself doesn't wish for that to happen.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:07 pm
Agreed. And while I was sad about some of the characters who died, I think it also made a point about casualties in war, how they're unpredictable and unpreventable. [white text for spoilers] The way she just seems to gloss over Tonks and Lupin's death really brings this home, I think. We don't see them die, or why or how, but that's what war does to people. I was sad about that...I really liked Lupin.Good book though!  

ChibiStarlet

Skye_7188

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:51 am
I though it was a good book, but was a little let down by the ending. I didn't feel she gave enough info about the characters. We don't know what happened to Dean or Luna as well as other, it said nothing about the new Minister of Magic or Headmaster and I would like to know how Malfoy avoided jail time. I did hear she is going to write an encyclopedia telling all the back stories of characters and what happened to them, but she said not to expect it any time soon because she was going to take a break from writing.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:52 pm
Rawr.
When I finished reading the book I was 'What the heck just happened?' but when I told my friend who hadn't finished the book about it, I was 'I loved it!'. I didn't realize until later that I was being slightly hypocritical in the fact that I hated the plot holes I figured out after I read it (and the pairings), but somehow loved the book. So all in all, it was an alright way to end the series, but felt rushed.

sirioneowyn

das Huhn des Meeres

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:24 am
I am upset mostly over the epilogue, followed rightfully by the excessive whiney-ness of RON...That and how she decided to end it. I would love to rant on in more detail, but I'm going to refrain from doing so for the sake of those who haven't finished the book.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:27 pm
I laughed...a lot. The ending was sad. The epilouge (Spelling?) sucked a**...  

sayaandtenshi

Friendly Conversationalist

5,500 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Kali Eyad

Ruthless Ladykiller

9,650 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:37 am
The epilogue was ridiculous, and so very corny. And there was a large period of time in the middle where I was just bored. [spoiler in white] I mean, for Christ's sake, they wandered around for a decent portion of the book looking for horcruxes, but NOTHING was actually happening!!! "Ah, now we're lost, pretty much outlaws, we don't have an actual goal - just a theoretical one, and Ron's still being a whinny b***h... Shall we camp here and do nothing productive again? Or shall we argue, resulting in nothing productive happening again?" Sorry, my spoiler turned into a rant. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:49 pm
I believe that Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows was a great book. However, did so many people really need to die in it?! I WAS SO SAD! crying  

OlympicProtege

Acoustic Memories

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:34 pm
I pretty much liked it but there was so much more she could have done with it!! {Whited spoilers} i mean what happened to rose and albus and James and Lily and Scorpius and everyone and i hated that Remus & Tonks & Moody & Fred & hedwig all died it was so sad i mean they killed off like all my fave characters it was sooo sad  
Literature

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff