Back to Guilds

Reply Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer
Twilight vs. Harry Potter Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which do you prefer, Twilight or Harry?
  Twilight- Rowling better watch her back cuz here comes Stephanie!!
  If only Harry Potter had vampires... *sigh*
  Sorry Steph, but... I was loyal to Harry first so....
  I could never ever choose
  I choose to remain silent on the gounds that may encriminate me
View Results

6vampire6mistress6

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:50 am
Alright, so here's my problem. I've been obsessed with Twilight fo rso long that i forgot how much I loved Harry until I got the 7th book. Now I'm not sure which is my favorite series anymore. What do you guys think? Do you think Stephanie is waaaaaay more amazing then J.K., or do you think that you may like Harry slightly more?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:18 am
actually the 7th book had alot more surprising stuff i hope eclipse is like that too. i cant pick between my two fav authors. i really cant but i like twilight because of the relationship between bella and edward...and pshhh edwarsd a vampy. woot woot! srry.  

krnpridegurlie90

Epitaph of the Twilight

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:23 pm
I'd say they are equal...Except for the fact that I can read HP in public and can't do that with Stephanie's books because of awkward stares.
Epitaph of the Twilight

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:59 pm
I think that it's hard to compare Twilight to Harry Potter, because Twilight has a lot of romance(and is narrated by a girl-Bella) while Harry Potter has a lot of fantasy-related action(not that Twilight doesn't)(and Harry Potter is pretty much the narrator, because it is told in his POV)  

Will-Run-For-Chocolate

xAlyss The Pirate

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:00 pm
Oh geez that's a good question. I probably like Twilight & New Moon more, but HP is my 2nd fav.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:31 pm
twilight, i tried to read harry potter but couldn't.  

Fifii

Ayllin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:37 pm
I actually have two other authors besides Stephenie Meyer that I had the same problem with: J.K. Rowling- Harry Potter, and Darren Shan- Cirque Du Freak and The Demonta. But I decided that they were all my favorite authors/books, because they're so different and I like them for those things that make them different. It's okay to have more than one favorite book. biggrin ... Although it does make it a bit annoying when people ask you what your favorite book is... At least for me- I have quite the long list- for you, it wouldn't be so hard to say Twilight and Harry Potter xd  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:16 pm
I asked my friend that and she said dont make me choose but she said Harry Potter but I like Twilight better but thats cuz I am not a Harry Potter fan xd I have only read the first book and seen the movies 1-5 xd  

niecerpiecer

alieinna

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:43 pm
I'm more of a Potter freak than anything else, so my loyalties really lie with HP... but Twilight is a VERY close second. I think it just depends more on your taste, because I can see how Twilight would appeal more, or how Harry Potter would apeal more to readers.

But seriously, if Cullen-like vampires were written into the HP universe, I'd be all set. =)  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:33 pm
Harry Potter is more like a career where as Twilight is more of a hobby. Sorry but my alligence is with Harry Potter, all the way.  

Josephine Falnor

8,800 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Gender Swap 100

Epitaph of the Twilight

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:15 pm
Maybe after I finish the 7th book, I could make a mixed Role Play.
Epitaph of the Twilight

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:00 pm
Ayllin
I actually have two other authors besides Stephenie Meyer that I had the same problem with: J.K. Rowling- Harry Potter, and Darren Shan- Cirque Du Freak and The Demonta. But I decided that they were all my favorite authors/books, because they're so different and I like them for those things that make them different. It's okay to have more than one favorite book. biggrin ... Although it does make it a bit annoying when people ask you what your favorite book is... At least for me- I have quite the long list- for you, it wouldn't be so hard to say Twilight and Harry Potter xd

i agree with you too. darren shan is really good.  

krnpridegurlie90

Jasper Hales love

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:30 pm
you make me chose but i have to say harrys ben my obbsession for 8 years mabe and twilight like a year so i have to go with the harry potter  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:19 am
I hate to say it, but I agree with Josephine Falnor, Twilight is more of a hobby, but I don't think I could live without my Harry Potter. My loyalties of course, go with Harry, but Bella and Edward a close second.  

kanangirl123

Zirumi

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:20 am
I have never been able to read Harry Potter. I'm really(not so) surprised that Twilight is so close to Harry Potter even though technically its just starting out. So pretty soon, I'm thinking it will overthrow harry  
Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff