Reply +Illusionary+
[PRP] At the Waters Edge (Veive and Caspian) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mistress_Ice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:55 pm
Veive wandered around the edge of the lake, kicking at some flowers and lifting her skirt so she wouldn't trip. It was sunny, a little too sunny for her tastes and her ears lay limp against her head. Turning around she saw Ice asleep beneath a tree and glared. Well, I guess some people don't mind this horrible weather...

She sighed and pushed her silver hair back, trying to lift it off her neck and rolled her eyes. There was no helping it, she needed the water today. Going over to the edge she hitched up her skirts as far as she could and sat down, dangling her feet in the water but watching the water like she expected Jaws to suddenly appear.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:47 pm
JAWS didn't appear, but a boy raised himself out of the water, carrying a baby wrapped in a blanket of soft cloth. Neither of them appeared wet, or in the least bit surprised or upset. Instead, the boy stepped onto dry land, and shook his hair behind him.

"Good morning, Miss. How may I help you this fine morning? Or rather.... is it afternoon already?"

He set down the baby, and he crawled away at a decent speed, headed towards the tree, and the sleeping Ice.

Juridian Soul

Romantic Werewolf

12,050 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Mistress_Ice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:27 am
Veive jumped back, scrambling away in her surprise and snarling, ears layed back against her silver hair, as she tryed to sort out what was going on. Focusing her eyes on whatever it was that had come out of the water she looked at the boy, then to the baby that was crawling towards Ice.

As he spoke her snarl died to soft growl and she stood up straighter, twitching her ears in curiosity and slowly letting her tail sway. "Just turned afternoon. And I was fine until you came and scared me half to death."

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:43 am
The boy's long hair seemed to flow like that water he had risen from, even though there was currently no breeze whatsoever. He smiled at her, and canted his head in a gesture of apology.

"I am terribly sorry for frightening you. I assure you, I do not mean you any harm."

He motioned to the baby.

"My son wanted some fresh air, and thus I brought him to this place. My name is Cheyanne. That child is Caspian. You are?"

Juridian Soul

Romantic Werewolf

12,050 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Mistress_Ice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 1:27 pm
Veive twitched her small ears curiously and ceased growling although her eyes stayed watchful. Brushing off her skirts and straightening them she curtsied slightly. "Veive. That's Ice over there under the tree. She's my Guardian."

Looking rather ruffled and annoyed now instead of terrified she turned to look at the child that had almost reached the sleeping Ice. "Is he another Illusion? Like me?" It had been awhile since she had met another Illusion and it seemed to be getting rarer that she found any. If their arrival was any indication, then it seemed he was as closely connected to the water as she was if not more so.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 5:34 pm
Chey tilted his head to one side.

"An Illusion? No, I assure you he is quite real. As you appear to be. Why do you call yourself an Illusion?"

He offered a soft smile, and moved more of his hair out of his face.

"This I am most curious about..."

Juridian Soul

Romantic Werewolf

12,050 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Mistress_Ice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:05 pm
"I'm aware that I'm real...it's just what we've been called I guess because of the way we start off. Like, I'm from a different world but I was exiled cause I was bad." Here Veive paused for a moment and stared at the grass. "My sisters here too but I don't know what she did. Anyways..." She looked back up to Chey as she continued talking. "...we all kinda...just appear here. So I guess that's why we're called Illusions...cause no one really knows how we got here. I guess he isn't one though if you don't know what they are...." Veive trailed off sadly. She had kinda been hoping to run into a new Illusion soon.

Ice jerked awake as she felt something near her and opened her eyes, seeing the baby near her. "What the...? Where did you come from?!" She said, finally rubbing the sleep from her eyes and looking up to see Veive talking to some strange man.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:23 pm
"I found the child drowning by a riverbank, and saved him. He did not appear to have any parents around, nor did he appear... er.... Entirely solid."

He blushed, and scrubbed a hand through his hair. It parted exactly as though he were underwater.

Juridian Soul

Romantic Werewolf

12,050 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Mistress_Ice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:31 am
Veive's ears perked and twitched. "Really? Then he might be one I guess.....you know, I never really thought about why we're called Illusions. Doesn't make much sense if we're real does it?"

Her brow furrowed slightly as she watched him part his hair as if he were underwater. She had become very wary of the water lately with all the changes going on around her but she found herself more curious then afraid. He didn't seem to be sent by that certain someone...or a threat at all for that matter.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:58 am
Cheyanne smiled, and laughed quietly. His laughter almost sounded like the way the water tickles the rocks as it slides down the riverbed. Come to think of it, didn't the Cheyanne River flow into this lake? Or from it? One of those two. The blue-haired youth peered over towards Caspian in a motherly sort of way. The walked over, and scooped him into his arms.

"He's just learning how to crawl. Despite that, he tends to get into everything, and around anything."

Caspian cooed as if agreeing, and let himself be held. He chewed briefly on the pendant around his neck, and made random baby sounds to entertain himself. Chey flowed [for he didn't exactly seem to really WALK like normal people] back over to Veive. He looked down at his child.

"To tell the truth, I really have no idea what I'm doing. I've never cared for a baby before. I've been told to take him to a doctor about his coughing..."

Just as if a switch had been turned on, the baby started to cough, and couldn't seem to stop for several moments. Then, he started to cry until Chey shushed him with rocking.

"I can't exactly leave the land, you see... Can't go into the city for... reasons."

Juridian Soul

Romantic Werewolf

12,050 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Mistress_Ice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:43 pm
Ice was still groggy as the boy walked over to scoop up the baby and just nodded at his explanation. Standing up and dusting off her jeans she walked over to catch the tale end of the conversation. "I'm really no good with babies myself. Luckily Veive was a little fox cup when she was younger....I'm much better with animals." She smiled sheepishly and scratched the back of her head.

Veive kept quiet and just watched, creasing her forehead and sharpening her eyes on the boy as he coughed. Her ears twitched a little and turned before laying flat against her head again. "He's sick...but I don't think it's really serious. Is he...connected to the water somehow?" She could feel a tiny taint from him, like a stagnant pool of water. It wasn't anything serious...but it was weird that she could feel it and the way it felt. Exactly like a small taint in a body of water.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:05 pm
"That's a good question. I never actually thought to check that with anyone..."

Cheyanne rubbed the back of his neck a bit, sheepishly. Once again his hair moved out of the way to make room for the hand. He offered her a grin, and Caspian started chewing on a strand of his hair. He looked down.

"Hey there, kiddlet... that's mine. Not food."

Juridian Soul

Romantic Werewolf

12,050 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Mistress_Ice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:33 pm
Ice looked at Veive curiously and just smiled at Cheyanne. Veive had never really shown an interest in anything else...so it was odd for her to ask questions. It was also fairly odd that she was asking if he was connected to water. Had her powers grown that much?

Veive smiled a little but continued to look at the boy. He was definitely connected to the water...but not the same way she was. It was odd, but that's just the way she felt. Her expression softened when he went for the hair and she smiled, almost giggling. "Well...I'm not really sure...but I think he is. I don't know how at all...it's just..." Veive tried to think of the correct words and struggled on how to phrase it. "...I just think he is I guess." There wasn't any real way to express it so it was useless to try.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:43 am
The baby started to cough again, and this time it wasn't for attention. Cheyanne made a startled cry, and then tried to soothe the sick infant by rocking him.

"There, there... Shhh... You're alright... I'm here... Shhshhh...."

He nuzzled the babe's nose, and his eyes looked worried out of his skull. He was almost on the verge of crying.

Juridian Soul

Romantic Werewolf

12,050 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Mistress_Ice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:57 pm
Ice had jumped at the coughing noise and looked on curiously, wondering what could be done, but Veive didn't even flinch. She was lost in her little world of trying to decide what it was she felt from this baby. It was so odd and she hated that she couldn't put her finger on it. Maybe when he was older?

Ice looked on with worry written all over her face before her brain finally kicked in. "Oh, I have cough medicine back at the house!! Have you tried any of that yet?  
+Illusionary+

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff