Welcome to Gaia! ::

Legion of Helpers

Back to Guilds

Help for new Members and Friends for those who have been here for years a place to call home! 

Tags: Help, Friends, Contests, Quest, RolePlay 

Reply Arts (Writing, drawing, Commission services and more!)
The Koro-ness Within [Updated! 24 Apr 2010] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 22 23 24 25 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Did you check out the first page?
  Yeah!
View Results

kyangfan

2,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:00 pm
Oh yes, it did remind me a little of Eragorn (?)-- a friend of mine once read the book, and I saw the blue dragon's head on the cover. ^^ I once bought this "how to draw mythical creatures' book to work on that, but the style totally clashed with my own... not to mention the dragons weren't as prettyful as I imagine them to be. crying So much for school book fairs... although I do owe them a lot for getting me started in art. heart  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:09 am
User Image

Ooo... got any sample scanlations of the book? Would love to see how it clashes with your style 4laugh

By the way, are you into oriental dragons or western ones? O_o

koromyst

Illuminated Star

19,900 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100

kyangfan

2,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:36 pm
It was a library book, and a long time ago... but I remember the look and the color of it struck me. ^^ I can probably find it if I looked...

I like both, truthfully... I've read enough literature and seen enough pictures on either side to say that they both appeal very strongly to me. 3nodding What about you, do you have a preference?  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:46 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Well, being an asian, i should be leaning more towards oriental dragons. Lol xD But I'm pretty much fascinated by western dragon myths. Their dragons tend to be slender and majestic. More or less looking like dinosaurs.

The oriental ones are more like a combination of creatures. Long moustache like the catfish's whiskers, huge nostrils like those of a gorilla (lol xD) and many more. Though oriental dragons have certain festivities to celebrate them, for example, chinese new year xDDD

koromyst

Illuminated Star

19,900 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100

kyangfan

2,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:25 pm
Mmm, that's sorta the same way I think about them. whee By the way, I love your new jiggly KOROMYST heading... same source as the glowy one? ^^  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:35 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Nope xD
The jiggly one's from a site that has more cool animated fonts (click on it to get to the webbie 4laugh ). The glowing one was just static with an added glow crying So you can see that I pretty much prefer my new one haha!

koromyst

Illuminated Star

19,900 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100

Sex With A Blender

Alien Otaku

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:53 pm
you have really inproved a bit  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:00 am
Long time no see, fed! ^O^
Yeah, I guess I have a little. I'm trying out various styles but my artwork still seems stiff rofl I'm too Kazuki Takahashi influenced sweatdrop

koromyst

Illuminated Star

19,900 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100

kyangfan

2,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:18 pm
Kazuki Takahashi? What manga did he draw? sweatdrop Sorry, I'm no good with names... I know Rumiko Takahashi, but I'm sure they're not related.

Improvement is good! and I love the one you drew for Len... I don't think it's rigid at all. ^^ If you please, might you draw another one for me? Like me as a dragon! mrgreen

As a side note, I might as well get to coloring the one I drew for you way back when, like I promised... time over Thanksgiving, yay! whee  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:32 am

Yu-Gi-Oh! sweatdrop Kazuki sensei's strokes are pretty stiff xD

Wow, kyangfan as a dragon *rubs chin* That's quite a challenge. I'll see what I can do.

And yayness! xD Even if my avvy has changed quite a bit, I'm still looking forward to the one you drew of me 4laugh

koromyst

Illuminated Star

19,900 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100

kyangfan

2,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:09 pm
*slaps forehead* Now I feel dumb... and I used to watch the dubbed anime version, too... ><;;;

If it's too hard, just a dragon will do. Basically I adore your dragons-- are they slightly inspired by YuGiOh as well? (I have a lucky card-- it's a Sangan-- and I've kept it in my calculator case since I found it five years ago. It helps me in math competitions, or so I choose to believe. mrgreen )  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:24 pm
Yu-Gi-Oh is ok but not the best manga ever, and I knew I recognized the style from somewhere.  

Sex With A Blender

Alien Otaku

koromyst

Illuminated Star

19,900 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:18 am

@kyangfan>
I guess you can say that rofl Blue eyes white dragon and red eyes black dragon! Kind of almost the same as the summoning tomes sweatdrop
A YGO card as a lucky charm? Wow. First time I heard of such xD

@fed>
Hehehe... So you noticed? whee

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:45 pm
awsome art works  

XD244 3rd generation

koromyst

Illuminated Star

19,900 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:28 pm

Wow... your avvy looks like an art critique expert xD
Thank you for your compliment! ^O^

Arts (Writing, drawing, Commission services and more!)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 22 23 24 25 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games