Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
The "What's Your Newest Project?" Thread Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jyxxie

Wilderness Dreamer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:01 pm
User ImageLearning to crochet.. and making an amigurumi as my first project.

This is fun so far, haha.. first I couldn't figure out how to join into a circle, then I was only stitching one thread instead of the normal two, then I was irregularly increasing and decreasing the circle size..

But I took it all apart and am using what I've learned, and it looks much better, even if it is tiny because I just restarted it.

<:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:07 pm
Right now i am sewing an ankle length full circle skirt in Red and Black. and then making a matching bodice. Hopefully i will be able to get them done before this weekend.  

Kilara_Nyu

Ace Ryn Knight

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:03 pm
I'm currently knitting a large triangular shawl in this marvelous gold yarn. I'm hoping to duplicate stitch a red/maroon Lion's Head or Lion Rampant onto it and add fringe.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:17 pm
Still have to work on my curtains for my bedroom. I have four windows, and only two curtains so far. Umm....knitting....I finished all I could of my scarf, but I don't know how to finish it. So I think I'll need to learn that at some point.
I found the Stitch N b***h books. I was so excited!! But I didn't have any money. sad Maybe I'll find one on knitting and get that.
I really need to learn some other craft....construction paper pictures are cool. Sound a little kid-ish...but they're really fun to make. And they're so time consuming! Witch is good for me, because I have no life, and therefore have all the free time in the world.
eek eek ......-gasp- I wanna learn how to make jewelry!!! That'd be preeetty.....  

Green_crayon42

Interesting Gekko

AriRashkae

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:12 am
Ravelympics 2008 sweatdrop 3 projects for WIP Wrestling, 3 for the Afghan Marathon, and 1 entry in the Shawl Relay.

(Ravelympics is a "competition" K/CAL to get as many projects done between the opening and closing ceremonies of the 2008 Olympics. Signups end today, if you're on Ravelry. )  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:59 am
My Current Projects:

A Harry Potter PoA-style scarf
A blue and green striped iPod Cozy
A Harry Potter PoA-style hat to match with my scarf

Finished Projects:
A leather pouch necklace
An evil eye amulet necklace

Ophelia Danger

Dapper Genius

2,300 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50

Twill Hat

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:52 am
I just bought a Teen Vouge from 3 years ago at Half-Price Bookstore for a dollar. They have a great DIY section, and since it's 3 years old I know it'll be orginal. Right now I'm bleaching designs into my plain dark blue jeans. You get fabric dye remover, make a stencil (mine is an art neuvo flower) and paint over it with the dye remover. It makes a great white design.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:07 am
Green_crayon42
Still have to work on my curtains for my bedroom. I have four windows, and only two curtains so far. Umm....knitting....I finished all I could of my scarf, but I don't know how to finish it. So I think I'll need to learn that at some point.
I found the Stitch N b***h books. I was so excited!! But I didn't have any money. sad Maybe I'll find one on knitting and get that.
I really need to learn some other craft....construction paper pictures are cool. Sound a little kid-ish...but they're really fun to make. And they're so time consuming! Witch is good for me, because I have no life, and therefore have all the free time in the world.
eek eek ......-gasp- I wanna learn how to make jewelry!!! That'd be preeetty.....

Try your local library. If they don't have SnB, take a look at what they do have.  

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

KingToon

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:09 am

Me Projects of DOOOM pirate

Current Projects:
-Ds Sock

Future Projects:
-

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:01 am
My first finished knitting project in a while:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Sure, it's a crappy picture, but the lighting is a pain to get right.

Finished for Team Robonia in WIPs Wrestling in the 2008 Ravelympics.  

Knit Happens

6,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

everwonderwhy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:53 am
A slouchy winter hat. ^-^
In a yummy chocolatey brown is my newest project.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:19 pm
I finished my all the curtains. So...Ginny and I are going to make purses to sell 'cause I need money. Actually we've had that plan for quite a while but haven't started yet.
(Ginny's my sewing teacher and she has 30 years on me.)

I don't ever go to the city library. It kinda sucks, and I never know when it's open. I think I'll just stick to Barns & Noble and Malaprops.

I wanna make HP stuff....that's a good idea. I don't really like Harry Potter, but I like the clothes and stuff. And I wanna knit a hat eventually.
Making a skirt would be nice....-is coming up with too many ideas to fit in her head- And pillows are fun to do....  

Green_crayon42

Interesting Gekko

SailorJuggaLokoLette

2,250 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:30 am
I'm in the process of making my Halloween costume, but I also make lil purses on the side.

I finished this one last night. (sorry the pics are so big)
User Image

User Image  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:49 am
The project I am currently working on is a t-shirt quilt for my cousin. After that, I plan on making a drawstring pouch to keep stuff in, and after that, I'm going to start another quilt so I can use up my fabric scraps that are laying all over my room at the moment.

The last project I did was a bag/purse for myself. It has a plain dark brown fake leather fabric on the outside, and some fabric with wolves on it for the lining.  

Kay-VW

the_pink_ladies

Shy Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:52 am
My Project that I just Started:

- A knitted scarf of differtent Lace patterns out of Lion Brand Suede in Mocha and on size 8 needles.

Craftin'

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff