Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Super Smash Bros. Discussion and Battling
BRAWL IS ONLINE!11!wan Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

iOath

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:49 pm
Your right, Xemnas. Light and dark are eternal.
And Deoxys.

But that doesn't mean your eternal!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:34 pm
iOathkeeper
Your right, Xemnas. Light and dark are eternal.
And Deoxys.

But that doesn't mean your eternal!

Ooooooooooooooooooooold news.  

Shigeru the Hero

Michael RD

5,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:02 pm
TheBasementDweller
Itakio
But Sonic has not been introduced.

That video that you posted doesn't prove anything, if that's what you are trying to imply . The flier/magazine or whatever probably just did that for attention. 100% proof my a**.

Not too mention he's third party

Snce they never met you can't technically prove that Sonic is faster.

Itaku,I was not implying that the proof was fake.And TheBasementDweller,Snake isn't even a Nintendo character but HE is already Brawl.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:06 pm
Oh,and in TIPS & TRICKS MAGAZINE Issue #138 August 2006,there was a section about SSBB,and it said that Sonic was wanted(by many of his fans) in Brawl.And since they knew about this since last year,they had a lot of time to add Sonic in Brawl.
Need I say more?  

Michael RD

5,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Michael RD

5,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:13 pm
cool  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:18 pm
Well He might be there are tons wanted by the fans but it would not suprise to see next friday on Dojo if sonic was the character of the week.  

Razz-Berry 9

The Veil

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:20 pm
!!Razz-berry!!9
Well He might be there are tons wanted by the fans but it would not suprise to see next friday on Dojo if sonic was the character of the week.
We will have to wait, cause for now, Snake gets his spotlight on the site.

I LOVE the screenshot of him grabbing Ike. I seems to be his throw move. And I wonder how the box is used... His down special, perhaps?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:23 pm
okay the following is totally my opinion so don't flame me for this:
Sonic is stupid, he is a super fast hedgehog, thats blue.........Why hedgehogs? Why Blue? I'm sorry, personally I think the whole idea is retaded, again my opinion.  

Deathguiser

The Veil

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:29 pm
Deathguiser
Sonic is stupid, he is a super fast hedgehog, thats blue.........Why hedgehogs? Why Blue? I'm sorry, personally I think the whole idea is retaded, again my opinion.

And the idea of a fat plumber from the Bronx eating mushrooms to fight a fire-breathing dragon turtle isn't? Ideas from the 90's and 80's were silly in games, but that only increased the fun in them. I respect the original Sonic, but after Shadow the Hedgehog and Sonic Heroes, I just can no longer have high expectations of his games. (Especially thanks to the fact that it has become so freaking DBZ-like. Time travelers, evil villains that are much alike the main character eventually becoming an angst anti-hero, everyone becoming 'Super', and other cliches have completely tarnish the image of a once great character.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:33 pm
Deathguiser

OK,I will not flame you,but I dunno why Sonic is a blue,speedy hedgehog.Talk to the creator. xd Either way,Sonic is popular.  

Michael RD

5,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

The Veil

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:44 pm
Michael RD
Deathguiser

OK,I will not flame you,but I dunno why Sonic is a blue,speedy hedgehog.Talk to the creator. xd Either way,Sonic is popular.

That is the problem. Nintendo has, unlike Sonic, constantly kept Mario's image the same, but has also added new things to expand the Mario world. (Paper Mario is a fine example) Because of this, Mario has always kept his innocence as a character, and has at the same time made a fine subject for games that allow full creative control. This is the reason why nearly all Mario Games are amazingly fun to play. (The Philips CDi games do not count.)

However, Sega made the poor choice to make Sonic 'hip' and anime in terms of both story and style. While this has given the games popularity, it has also made EVERY game after the decision to make Sonic Like this (Sonic Adventure) Horrid, the DS games being the only exception. Developers lack little, if any creative control, and are forced to make one dull game after another, with terribly written plots and poorly made characters.

However, the fan-base will eat it up, regardless of quality, because it is Sonic. (Or more Shadow now, as most rabid fangirls like him best for his emo attitude.) Sonic fans will never know a truly good game like Mario, Zelda, and Metroid fans do in this generation. It's sad, really.

If only Sega had kept the Sonic image they made with Sonic CD... Perhaps Sonic fans would have a reason to drool over the next Sonic game.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:58 pm
yah, ireally don't understand the fasination with mario either, nowadays I look for somrthing in a game that is original, but not original to the point where its retarded, like sonic and mario. I like it when it MAKES SENSE why people like it, like Halo, or God of War, gears of war, etc.  

Deathguiser

The Veil

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:06 pm
Deathguiser
yah, ireally don't understand the fasination with mario either, nowadays I look for somrthing in a game that is original, but not original to the point where its retarded, like sonic and mario. I like it when it MAKES SENSE why people like it, like Halo, or God of War, gears of war, etc.

The reason Mario is so popular is that his games are fun, plain and simple. Plus, his early games had something Sonic never had: A feeling of wonderment when you enter a world completly different from out own (Kinda like Disney). I enjoy realistic games in small doses (A Gears of War here, a Half Life there) but what happens when games become nothing but the same ol' thing? It gets boring, thats what happens. That is why I enjoy weird or quirky games, like Katamari Damacy.
Besides, we play a game that is pretty much a cute version of c**k-fighting.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:15 pm
The Veil
Michael RD
Deathguiser

That is the problem. Nintendo has, unlike Sonic, constantly kept Mario's image the same, but has also added new things to expand the Mario world. (Paper Mario is a fine example) Because of this, Mario has always kept his innocence as a character, and has at the same time made a fine subject for games that allow full creative control. This is the reason why nearly all Mario Games are amazingly fun to play. (The Philips CDi games do not count.)

However, Sega made the poor choice to make Sonic 'hip' and anime in terms of both story and style. While this has given the games popularity, it has also made EVERY game after the decision to make Sonic Like this (Sonic Adventure) Horrid, the DS games being the only exception. Developers lack little, if any creative control, and are forced to make one dull game after another, with terribly written plots and poorly made characters.

However, the fan-base will eat it up, regardless of quality, because it is Sonic. (Or more Shadow now, as most rabid fangirls like him best for his emo attitude.) Sonic fans will never know a truly good game like Mario, Zelda, and Metroid fans do in this generation. It's sad, really.

If only Sega had kept the Sonic image they made with Sonic CD... Perhaps Sonic fans would have a reason to drool over the next Sonic game.

OK,I like Sonic games,Mario,The Legend of Zelda games,and Metroid games.I'm not just into Sonic.Oh,and I have Sonic CD on Sonic Gems Collection.The Metal Sonic race is my favorite stage.  

Michael RD

5,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

The Veil

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:16 pm
Michael RD
The Veil
Michael RD
Deathguiser

OK,I like Sonic games,Mario,The Legend of Zelda games,and Metroid games.I'm not just into Sonic.Oh,and I have Sonic CD on Sonic Gems Collection.The Metal Sonic race is my favorite stage.

And?  
Super Smash Bros. Discussion and Battling

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces