Welcome to Gaia! ::

Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Back to Guilds

Reply The Twilight Movie
Robert Pattinson officially cast as Edward Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you think he'll do a good job
  Yes!! Cedric love <3
  Yeah..I guess..whatever
  He can act the part, but doesn't look it
  He looks the part but can't act it
  NO!UGH, this sucks!!
View Results

demonicangelofmusic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:52 am
the movie will never be as good as the book but at least he is not ugly. He is nothing like edward though crying but we can still keep the real Edward alive in the books.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:55 pm
Oh Dam! I REALLY don't think that Robert Pattinson is going to be a good Edward. I just had my heart set on Henry Cavill. I really don't want to see the movie any more. I don't think it will be anywhere as good as the books.  

Bella Cullen 101

sasori_rei

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:04 pm
he was far from what i envisioned... but i guess he's okay. i can't say more. but he's just... okay.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:04 pm

Dawn till duskUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Hm.
Seems to me that everyone is against him being casted as Edward.
Now, I just basically finished reading all the twilight books,
So, I, also, come here with an open mind.
Sure, he isn't what I envisioned Edward to be, or look like.
But, if he can pull it off, Kudos to him.

I'm also ecstatic, that he took the time to read all the books.
Thats dedication, right there.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Twilight to StarlightUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Melty Bats

Melty Bats

Spoopy Bat

23,640 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Poltergeist Pulverizer 100
  • Haunting Echo 75

xAlyss The Pirate

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:12 pm
Ha.
When I first saw that on Stephenie's site I totally freaked out.
I think I may have even cried. xP
I'm curious about his American accent though,
and I hope they have a good crew to make Robert somehow look like Edward.
So I guess I'm giving him a chance.
who knows, he might even do a good job and we'll all be like eek heart

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:19 pm
wahmbulance I was REALLLLY sad when i found out robert was playing edward. Every time i look at him, i think "wizard" instead of "vampire". Oh well, it doesn't matter now... they arent making it anyway. the script was WAY OFF.(it is possible that a smaller company might do it though) wahmbulance  

BiohazardWoman

LiM3 TAFFY

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:15 am
I don't want him to have an American accent though. I always imagined Edward to be British for some reason.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:36 pm
[It's the music that we choose]

Haha. I thought so too. Not a really distinct one but...more the even, cultured tone that tends to keep the same company as an old-school British accent. British vampires are just hotter for some reason. : )

As for Robert as Edward, I really couldn't be happier. I mean, there are a few other actors that may have been better but as far as it goes, they did a damn good job casting him. The picture on the official website kinda creeps me out though. He looks a bit scary. And not the good kind neither.

User Image

User Image

[ Malinki ]

PhantomofHearts

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:16 am
I was in my school computer lab when I found out who was playing Edward at first I was really upset but like some of you have said, If he can do it then I wish him luck. I had to look up different pictures of the actor though I hate the one they put up, after I saw him in different styles, I think he could pull it off.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:52 pm
At first: burning_eyes
Then: crying
After that: cry
And then: sad
And so: scream
But then: neutral *thinking*
In the End: wink Good luck Robert.  

WineChan

xXNoOnesPrincessXx

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:52 pm
At first when I heard the news I wanted to blow up everyone who contributed his casting and have a major tantrum. But then.. I got to thinking and I looked at his photos and remembered him in Harry Potter 4. I was coincidentally reading Twilight for like..the 9th time and decided to start picturing him and Kristen. I liked what I saw. :3 I think he's going to do wonderfully. He's not the Edward I pictured and he's not that out of this world gorgeous but he's got what it takes..I think. Plus, the fact that he read all three books? I love him already xD That means he knows Edward's personality and also, it either means he's dedicated and WANTS this role or that he looves the book! It's a win-win siduation razz
I'm cheering him on and I can't wait to see how he does when I go to see the movie...hopefully SOON! XD I can't wait for teh mooovieee  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:17 pm
I understand that people are trying to be nice and optimistic...and so I will try also ...Good... luck... Ro...Ah F**ck this S**t!! I can't do it...I can't like Robert ..unlike most people I was going to be open to whoever Edward was going to be...sure I was leaning toward Tom Sturridge but in my no one could be as God like as Edward...but after i saw Robert's pictures I just wanted to gouge out the casting directors eyes so maybe then they would have an excuse for casting this guy!  

Sugar_Coated_Malice

1,350 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200

TeamJasper_x

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:13 pm
At first, I was a bit disspointed at Robert being cast as Edward. But I've warmed up to him over time. (: I have faith in him.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:11 pm
I know I'm probably going to get shot over this, but I don't think he'll do a bad job. Actually I think he'll be able to pull it off fairly well. I mean, come on, who on earth would be able to pull off Edward?  

GarnetLilly

Beloved Shapeshifter

5,950 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Millionaire 200

Paris05

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:31 am
I reckon Robert Pattinson will be perfect for Edward 4laugh  
The Twilight Movie

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items