Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply .:. Shadows of Africa .:.
[OOC] Newbie/Oldbie Thread: Questions and Advice Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 44 45 46 47 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

JPOWW

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:44 pm
Thank you, I asked in the main thread and got ignored. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:34 am
Is it possible to IC'ly stage freeze a character even if they grow before you get a chance to get the rp in? Or is it a snooze - you lose situation?  

Iris_virus

Dedicated Sweetheart

15,425 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

DragonsRage24

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:42 pm
Iris_virus
Is it possible to IC'ly stage freeze a character even if they grow before you get a chance to get the rp in? Or is it a snooze - you lose situation?

I believe you can still rp them as younger stages but as 'backlogged' rps, I think  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:54 pm
I have another question!!

When someone considers an RP "abandoned" in SOA, does that mean the events of the RP never occured? Or does that mean the RP simply didn't reach a definite ending, but the events still happened in the continuity of the character?  

Sergeant Sargent

Marsh the Sex Panda

Dapper Lover

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:53 pm
I think it depends on the person, for me it means no ones replied in 4+ months and it doesn't look like it's going to have an ending but the events still happened. I don't know about other people though  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:00 pm
Bouncy_Pineapple
This is just me being weird but why is this part of the guild called Phoenix Rising? XD

Probably because this guild was actually used for another purpose once-upon-a-time and instead of buying a new one entirely, it was just recycled? If that's the case, either Dusty hasn't noticed that it's got a different name, or she hasn't figured out where to go to change the name of the main forum.

That's just my guess though. I could be wrong. xD

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

Sergeant Sargent

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:09 pm
Why are the Eusi'uzulu lands private?  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:51 pm
Sergeant Sargent

Some prides have the option of being a private thread and only those members of that pride are able to see whats within the pride, as far as I know, the Eusi'uzulu pride is very isolated at the moment with IC happenings there.  

DragonsRage24

Daffupanda

Adorable Lionheart

4,575 Points
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:05 am
Sergeant Sargent

Because the pride isn't 'created' yet, and not out n.n no one owns characters from that pride yet. It's a WIP that Dusty was working on last year.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:38 pm
Sergeant Sargent

When someone considers an RP "abandoned" in SOA, does that mean the events of the RP never occured? Or does that mean the RP simply didn't reach a definite ending, but the events still happened in the continuity of the character?

I agree mostly with what Marshy said, but sometimes it's different for me. I sometimes judge by how many posts were made in the "abandoned" rp to tell if it all actually happened. For example, if I started an rp with someone, and we each only made one or two posts and then forgot about it, then I will probably say it never happened. But if all the rp was lacking was some kind of conclusion and it was just going on for so long that we just never finished it, but it still had enough "meat" to be considered plot, then I'll say it did actually happen.
It really is personal preference.

fuKurohane

Profitable Prophet

4,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Millionaire 200

Sergeant Sargent

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:57 pm
fuKurohane
Sergeant Sargent

I agree mostly with what Marshy said, but sometimes it's different for me. I sometimes judge by how many posts were made in the "abandoned" rp to tell if it all actually happened. For example, if I started an rp with someone, and we each only made one or two posts and then forgot about it, then I will probably say it never happened. But if all the rp was lacking was some kind of conclusion and it was just going on for so long that we just never finished it, but it still had enough "meat" to be considered plot, then I'll say it did actually happen.
It really is personal preference.

Yeah, I'm trying to get an idea of how it works here. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:33 pm
Similar to Iris's question
(only opposite), if you get an SoA
as an adult, can you still do backlogged RPs?

Dr_jelly

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:00 pm
Not really? It depends on the SoA they're RPing wth, like... I have a few RPs for Shetani that are backlog because the other SoA she was in an RP with, the RP was backlog for THEM because the RP occured, in a time line, BEFORE one that was done already since they grew OOCly before the RP began. But for an SoA gotten as an adult... You can't backlog an RP as, say, a cub or adolescent. You CAN do flashbacks, like if you do a monologue RP, but not actual RP.

Did I make any sense at all...? gonk  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:31 pm
Yes, you did, thank you. 3nodding  

Dr_jelly

youngshorty

Beloved Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:59 pm
o.o A few questions....

1.) About Seers...Do we like, post what kind of visions they're having and if it's okay the vision comes true? Or does like a mod in the shop post what kind of vision they're having depending on how the seer's played? o.O;

2.) Can regular SoA's with Seer abilities see ghosts/souls? Someone in the regular shop asked this and I thought it was a good question. Could it be possible for the Seers' to have such an ability? o.o  
.:. Shadows of Africa .:.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 44 45 46 47 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff