Welcome to Gaia! ::

~*The Surreal Sanctuary*~

Back to Guilds

This guild is a safe haven for the literate of Gaia. It is a hang-out where otakus, writers, readers, artists, and musicians can have fun. 

Tags: anime, roleplay, writer, books, gold 

Reply -•`~The Roleplaying Realm~`•-
Welcome to the CIC Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SpunkyOtaku

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:05 am
((Well, you know, great minds...))

Strider, to put it mildly, was stunned.

...All the energy needed for such a spell would probably knock Aväris out for a week, maybe even a month. Not to mention the repercussions that could happen to the palace and you!...
What? No, he didn't mean to incapacitate Avaris! He just wanted to make a suggestion.

...if he messed up, you could end up worse off than you already are! And all that energy could destroy a whole portion of the palace!...
Oh mercy, the palace!? He didn't want to be responsible for propety damage!

Maar, it won't be that hard. You're blowing this totally out of proportion, really.
Was he? He wasn't sure...

...Sure, the power would probably destroy half the palace, but we don't have to do it here. I really think Strider is on to something here...
'I think I just created a monster! Oh, what have I done?'

Of course, I will need to know what you want to look like; you know, height, hair color, eye color, wing color, etcetera. And I must warn you that it will be an incredibly painful procedure. After all, I'm stretching your bones, muscles, organs, skin, all that, so that you can be thirty times the size you are now. Of course, you're rather young, so I won't grow you too much. That should save you some pain and discomfort. Also, you'll need a day or two to recover from the strain.
Strider's jaw was completely open. Incredibly painful...

Am I going too quickly for you?
His wide blue eyes could only stare in response, with sudden second guessing apprehension.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:22 am

||Well, I kinda want to hold onto Lyra a bit longer as well, and Deron is simply too fun a character to banish to the human realm. I think I shall make him a pet. :3 Any requests? I suggest a bird of some kind or another type of agile animal.||

Lyra stared at the nude male dancing around in front of her. Of course, it didn't look like a dance, but what else could it possibly be? The human sure got animated when he told a story, adding that dance and all. Of course, he could be just really into the story, but it didn't sound particularly interesting to Lyra. She, who had seen the rise and fall of empires and eras, found a story about stampeding cows rather dreary. However, if she understood this Deron character correctly, he seemed to believe he was dead. Why did all the humans appearing on Aleah'Cim believe they were dead? Sure, it was a paradise up here, but these humans must be severely deluded to think this was the after life. According to Cyric, the god of death, the place was nowhere near as beautiful as Aleah'Cim. Perhaps there was some sort of cult down in the human realm she didn't know about? Doubtful. Lyra wasn't the goddess of creation for nothing. He called her a goddess, but Lyra wasn't sure if he knew who she was or rather he was merely complimenting her. Probably the latter.

"It's a very touching story, to be sure," Lyra said drily. "However, I find it odd that although you are apparently 'dead,' and away from your 'sweet, sweet darlin' you are looking at me as if you are quite alive and," she paused and raked her eyes over his body with a condescending smile, "kicking."

With that, Lyra raised her hand into the air, all her fingers curled inward save her index. The two runes she drew in the air were graceful and rounded, one large, the next small. The runes grew bright and zoomed toward Deron, the large one over his torso and the small one over his brow. From slightly transparent white to opaque green, the runes pulsated, creating tremors in the air.

Talon StarDrifter
Crew

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100

Talon StarDrifter
Crew

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:34 am

The frae child smiled slightly, not bothered by the human's nudity. It probably wasn't her fault she was deprived of clothing because she looked so nervous and uncomfortable. She didn't look like she had willingly discarded her clothes.

Though the human's hand dwarfed the frae's own, the frae took her hand with surprising strength for so small a figure. Without even a moment of hesitation, the frae child led the human toward the group of frae women that her mother was a part of. Of course, the adults would be surprised and maybe even a little put off by the human's nudity, but they would be understanding in the end. The fraes and humans of this area got along splendidly so there wouldn't be much trouble.

As they trod along, the frae glanced up at the human. She was pretty, she supposed, by human standards.

"I'm Refinne, by the way," Refinne said conversationally. "You never told me your name."

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:02 am
||Also, I was wondering... Do you recognize the origin of Aväris's name?||

Blinking, Aväris waved a hand in front of Strider's unblinking eyes. He was obviously overwhelmed by all the information, plus it probably didn't help that Maar had thrown irrational thoughts all over the damn place. Aväris sighed. He wanted this like a starving man wanted food. Hell, he needed this like a starving man needed food. He realized he was being rather selfish, but it would benefit Strider as well.

"I could go on and on about the benefits of such a transformation, Strider," Aväris sighed. "But I won't try to persuade you. It's up to you. Just think about it." He awkwardly patted the kitten's head, knowing Strider didn't like being touched. However, he looked like he needed some reassurance.

Maar worried at his lip with his teeth, not quite sure what to do. Strider was staring off into space and Aväris had moved away toward the door.

"I'm off to get some food," Aväris said, turning back to look at the other two. "Don't let the dust settle on him, Maar."

Maar smiled uncertainly before settling down beside the still kitten, watching Aväris exit the room.  

Talon StarDrifter
Crew

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100

SpunkyOtaku

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:09 am
((Agile? Cheetah, heehee. Nah, just kidding, don't want that. Requests? Hm... Before I would have asked him to be a dog, just to counteract Strider's baby feline's cuteness. But as far as requests go... Well, he'd like to be a horse, but that's just too damn bad. xD
Tell ya what, since I can't think of anything, you just delve deep into Lyra's psyche and decide what animal she thinks the most fitting.))

Deron risked looking up after she mentioned the word 'dead.' He blinked and listening easily, wholly and completely missing the condescending smile. He gave his own shy smile and straightened as he scratched the back of his head.

"Aw shucks, it ain't nuthin'. You know how we Southern folks get, can't stand to go too long without a good dance 'r drink. By the way," he started to look around for sometype of closer building, besides the blinding city of white, "Ya got 'ny ale? The party was supposed to be tonight, an' I've been cravin' a drink somethin'-?"

He stopped and stared at the glowing runes zoomed and suddenly embedded on his skin. The hazel eyes popped open as he lost self control, just slightly.

"DIN'S RAGE!" He screamed. "I knew I shoulda run the other way when I saw the eyes! Give a chance my a**!" he rubbed his brown flipping hair in frustration as the spell started to take it's toll. "Blast it all Strider, why aren't you ever here when I actually need you!? Soon as I see you, you're a dead man, you hear? DEAD!"

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:44 pm
Gerudo, absolutely had to be. How else she have such hidden strength?

Miren lowered her gaze with each step they took. She tried to chant in her head 'just a few minutes' but being in a small group of actually properly dressed people put her further to shame. No, she had to be strong, ask them, for help, for assistance.

The horribly worried and embarrassed fourteen year old human girl self conciously touched her short, chin length black hair, wishing it could be long enough to cloak her. She nearly jumped at the little girl's voice.

Refinne. What a pretty name. Cute too.

"Miren." she said softly. "Are you... a..."

SpunkyOtaku

SpunkyOtaku

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:50 pm
((Oh Sweet Dome Mercy of the heavens above, he's the Avatar!
... Okay, had to put that in there. Truth is, I probably do, but it's buried deep in the recesses of my mind.))

What snapped Strider out of his gaping stare was a warning. Almost like someone had swore his death. He shook his head to get the silly thought out of it. This was not the time for paranoid premonitions and halucinations.

"Get a hold of yourself." he muttered.

He slapped his own cheek to be more awake, only earning a surprised whine of pain when his claws unwittingly extended and caught at his fur and skin. His watered eyes looked at his offending paw.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:01 pm

||Ahaha, well, if you put it that way... XD||

Lyra rolled her kaleidoscopic eyes and watched as her runes went to work on the incessantly talking Deron. Ale? Really? There was no way such unrefined drink would be here, readily available. If the fool wanted something as simple as ale, he would have to ask humans. Not even fraes drank that stuff!

She didn't know who Strider was, but Lyra deemed Deron's words nonsense. There was no one around to help him, and even if there were others around, they'd praise her for her mercy. Sure, she hadn't given the human girl much of a chance [though she had been merciful, in her mind, to have sent the girl to friendly people], but Lyra couldn't stand whiners. That's all her worshippers ever did: Whine, beg, plead, praise. She needed something else for a change, and this Deron human thing would do it. However, he wouldn't be human for much longer. If Lyra had something to say about it, he never would be human again.

The runes brightened, forcing Lyra to look down. Even the shining marble of the city could not compare to the runes' light. When the runes faded, a small, feathery animal stood where Deron had once been. The animal had large, fierce eyes and a wickedly curved beak. Its feathers were slate gray, with black spotting along its wings and body. The tips of its wings were black, as were its talons and beak. The falcon's belly was slightly paler than its back.

"That ought to take care of your yapping," Lyra said, satisfaction etched clearly on her face. "Though I suppose that would defeat the purpose of keeping you as a pet."

Another rune was drawn, and two strips of leather appeared out of the air, coiling nicely onto Lyra's outstretched hand. She held her other hand out to the peregrine falcon that sat amid the grasses.

"Now you had better come to me, or you shall be turned into something unsatisfactory, like a sloth or a platypus." Lyra's kaleidoscope eyes shifted, yellow-green-brown-indigo.

Talon StarDrifter
Crew

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100

Talon StarDrifter
Crew

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:08 pm

Refinne smiled.

"A frae, of course! What else would I be?" Her red brows furrowed over her emerald eyes. "You didn't think I was a human, did you?" Her voice was laced with apprehension and disappointment. "I mean, I don't look like a human, do I?" Her green eyes shone with despair. Then Refinne realized the implication of what she said. "Not that there's anything wrong with humans," she stammered. She glanced at the girl.

The human, Miren, was stroking her hair, which was rather short. Refinne frowned. Humans were always cutting their hair in ridiculous fashions, though Miren's wasn't so bad. Her hair was nice and clean, just short. Forgetting her stammered mishap, Refinne smiled.

"Why's your hair so short? I mean, wouldn't you like long, pretty hair?"

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:21 pm
||Haha, no, he's not that Avatar, though that would be pretty funny. But yeah, just wondering.||

Maar frowned as the kitten muttered to itself.

Get a hold of yourself.

Then Strider pulled a brilliant move and slapped himself with a small paw and scratched himself with his claws. The small whine that ensued was rather heart breaking and Maar frowned. Well, he could help something that miniscule, right?

"Let me get a look at that," Maar said, picking Strider up by the loose skin at his neck. Strider would thank him for this later. Taking a deep breath, Maar drew a squiggly rune in the air. The rune glowed dimly, the light fluttering as if lacking sufficient energy. However, the rune wobbled through the air and stuck to Strider's hurt cheek, glowing briefly and then dying out.

Maar scratched his head.

"Did that help at all? I'm terrible with magic, but I'm not that bad, am I?"  

Talon StarDrifter
Crew

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100

SpunkyOtaku

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:25 pm
((Dude! Awesome! Falcons kick butt!))

The pain only lasted a moment, such a small quick moment he did not even have time to scream out in pain. He only could gasp in surprise before feeling like somepart of his body had been chopped off.

He blinked as his red eyes finally came to- whoa. The <********> was up with his vision? Did the grass get bigger or- holy... Why did everything look and feel so... different?

"That ought to take care of your yapping," Yapping? How did she mean? "Though I suppose that would defeat the purpose of keeping you as a pet."

Pet? Like hell-
The great protesting shriek echoed through the plains and made him jump and slap his hands over her mouth- only to find wings go to beak instead. Deron blinked in shock, then fully looked down at his transformed body. A bird? He was a bird?

"Now you had better come to me," What? Hell no, he wasn't listening to- "or you shall be turned into something unsatisfactory, like a sloth or a platypus."

...Well, she certainly had a way with words. He didn't know what a platypus was, but he knew a sloth, and he definately did not want to get stuck with that... but a leash? Really?

But looking at her changing eyes and the great wings spouting from her back, he realized he did not have much of a choice. She could just cast a spell or catch him. So, reluctantly, hesitantly, he unfolded his wings. Hey wait, this meant he could fly now...

With that in mind, he jumped like he would have if human, and flapped once. The human heart and spirit inside cheered with jubilation as he rose once. he flapped quickly again before falling, though he wobbled once as he tried to stay afloat. He fell to the ground once, before shaking his head. Since he was closer now, he flapped thrice to go straight up, and miraculously landed onto the woman's hand. He did not think about his talons clinging to her, he was just immensly pleased with himself.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:32 pm
A frea...

What was a frea? Her mind snatched at the topic, eager to relieve itself from the torment of walking without clothes. Although... the stammered attempt at apology had Miren giggle.

It was truly ironic. Here so many humans prided themselves on their appearnce, making light fun of the Gorons and Zora, and here were people who feared looking as the humans did. It was truly funny, and put her heart at ease for some reason. Probably because it reminded her of home.

She smiled shyly as she twisted her hair. "Usually no. If I had long hair, I could get it tangled or dirty when I work in the stables..."

At least, that had been her reason before, but if she had been working in the house for so long, why hadn't...

"Maybe I just got used to it..." she murmured thoughtfully.

SpunkyOtaku

SpunkyOtaku

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:45 pm
((What, is it a surprise?))

Let me get a look at that.
Strider mewed as Maar picked him up by the neck. He blinked, sky blue eyes wide as they raptly watched Maar doodle his little rune in the air. He was no expert at the magic they had here, but compared to Avaris's spells, this one was... um... how to say... not quite up to par?

He blinked as the run made contact with his skin. The fresh sting of the pricks and scratched vanished, leaving the dull ache of an older wound just about to heal. That actually was more bearable.

Did that help at all? I'm terrible with magic, but I'm not that bad, am I?

Strider helpfully shook his head. "No, it helped, really," his stretched throat croaked out.

Well, it wasn't any worse, for which he was grateful. He looked at the paw that offended him. That did it, he was turning into a flihva.

((See that? managed to change my character's perspectives without changing them. Motivation is a funny thing. xD))  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:23 pm

||Well, I toyed with the idea of a monkey, but I didn't trust Deron with keeping his fingers. :] ||

The human had no idea what hit it. Lyra watched in amusement as Deron panicked at the shriek he emitted, trying to cover his beak with his wings. The human expression on the falcons tiny face was priceless, nearly elicting a giggle from the timeless goddess.

Lyra watched Deron attempt flight with his three-foot wings. He wasn't too bad, considering the fact that he just had the trauma of being turned into a bird and had never flown before. She briefly reconsidered the transformation, not sure if she wanted him to enjoy the joy of flight. However, having a falcon as a pet was pleasing to her and it saved her the trouble of finding one or conjuring one. Might as well keep him the way he was. However, the silence from so talkative a person was strange, and she would miss his irreverence.

The falcon stumbled through the air and landed on her hand. Deron was very light, barely more than a pound. However, his talons were rather sharp and he was gripping her hand rather hard. His talons pierced her skin, but just barely. The sharp claws didn't draw blood, surprisingly. Lyra smiled. She had always been tough to hurt, though perhaps the few runes of protection had helped. Somewhat.

"There's a good birdie," Lyra gloated, stroking its feathered head. "Now stay still as I fix these." The goddess looped the flexible leather strips around Deron's feet, just above where his ankles would be. She fastened the lengths of leather, inserting one end through little slits in the material. She patted the bird lightly. "There now. All set."

Talon StarDrifter
Crew

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100

Talon StarDrifter
Crew

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:36 pm

Wrinkling her nose slightly, Rejinne smiled. Her pearly whites flashed in the sunlight.

"Stables? As in horses? Yeah, you humans like to keep them around, hm?" Rejinne stepped over a few roots sticking out of the ground. Her shoed feet made virtually no sound over the soft, moist dirt, not even when she stepped on small twigs. Her movement was so gentle that she didn't break a single thing on the ground. "Well, I guess that'd be better than long hair getting dirty from all the dirt and dung. It doesn't look bad; I was just wondering why you kept it short."

Rejinne led Miren into a clearing where a dozen or so adult female fraes were searching the bushes for berries. Each carried a woven basket the size of a small child, all with varying piles of berries of many colors. Only one frae noticed the girls' appearance. She was tall, with green eyes a shade darker than Rejinne's. Her long black hair was plaited down her back, reaching her lower back.

"Who is this you bring?" the frae asked, curiously staring at Miren's unclothed form. Her voice was low and strong, with an air of authority.

"Rietha, this is Miren," Rejinne introduced, smiling widely. "She's a lost human who needs some clothes."

By this time, the other fraes had noticed the newcomer and were staring openly.

-•`~The Roleplaying Realm~`•-

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff