Welcome to Gaia! ::

~*The Surreal Sanctuary*~

Back to Guilds

This guild is a safe haven for the literate of Gaia. It is a hang-out where otakus, writers, readers, artists, and musicians can have fun. 

Tags: anime, roleplay, writer, books, gold 

Reply •◘•The Readers' Haven•◘•
What are you reading right NOW? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:12 am
Trashy? Why?  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:57 pm
>/////<
(whimper)

Its a romance trashy novel.
PLEASE tell me i dont have to explain more
(embarrassed out of her mind.)

jewel_14

Skilled Citizen

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:00 am
... I'm not sure what you mean.

Like, is it perverted? sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:33 pm
Not perverted.........but yeah.....mature....>/////<

but it really is a good read besides that!  

jewel_14

Skilled Citizen

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:53 am
Ohhhhhh... XDD  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:15 am
>/////<

-flail-

Dun judge me!

but lolz yeah now I happen to be reading a summer reading book

Something about the WW2 Christmas truce......bored out of my mind reading it.

jewel_14

Skilled Citizen

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:18 am
I won't judge you. XD  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:27 am
I'm currently reading...
For fun:
Dragonlance: Dragons of the Dwarven Depths (First part of The Lost Chronicles trilogy), The Soulforge (First part of Raistlin Chronicles) and War of the Twins (Second part of the Legends trilogy.)

For School:
The Unknown Soldier (Tuntematon sotilas) by Väinö Linna  

Shadeius

Omnipresent Loiterer

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:09 am
Shadeius
I'm currently reading...
For fun:
Dragonlance: Dragons of the Dwarven Depths (First part of The Lost Chronicles trilogy), The Soulforge (First part of Raistlin Chronicles) and War of the Twins (Second part of the Legends trilogy.)

For School:
Oh, is Dragons of the Dwarven Depths good so far? My friend just bought that book.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:30 am
Otulissa
Shadeius
I'm currently reading...
For fun:

For School:
Oh, is Dragons of the Dwarven Depths good so far? My friend just bought that book.

It's great if you like other Dragonlance books and enjoy it if you have read The Chronicles Trilogy (The original Dragonlance book trilogy... Mind you I have read all Dragonlance books which is something around a heck lots of books (My guess would be +150 books) and my favourite chronicle is Raistlin Chronicles with Raistlin Majere as my favourite character of all time). The book sets after Dragons of Autumn Twilight but before Dragons of Winter Night.  

Shadeius

Omnipresent Loiterer

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:21 am
Shadeius
Otulissa
Shadeius
I'm currently reading...
For fun:

For School:

It's great if you like other Dragonlance books and enjoy it if you have read The Chronicles Trilogy (The original Dragonlance book trilogy... Mind you I have read all Dragonlance books which is something around a heck lots of books (My guess would be +150 books) and my favourite chronicle is Raistlin Chronicles with Raistlin Majere as my favourite character of all time). The book sets after Dragons of Autumn Twilight but before Dragons of Winter Night.

I haven't read any Dragonlance books... xD;; But I LOVE dragons. heart So I love basically any book with dragons in it, as long as it's well-written.
^_^

And exciting. xD;; I do like excitement. I LOVE the Inheritance cycle. Although I hate some of the characters... sweatdrop But I love the story. XD I read Eragon a long time ago; it was one of the first dragon books I've read. Ever. So there are nice old memories for me.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:37 am
Otulissa
Shadeius
Otulissa
Shadeius
I'm currently reading...
For fun:

For School:

I haven't read any Dragonlance books... xD;; But I LOVE dragons. heart So I love basically any book with dragons in it, as long as it's well-written.
^_^

And exciting. xD;; I do like excitement. I LOVE the Inheritance cycle. Although I hate some of the characters... sweatdrop But I love the story. XD I read Eragon a long time ago; it was one of the first dragon books I've read. Ever. So there are nice old memories for me.

Take my warning do NOT watch Eragon the Movie...

Oh yeah Dragonlance books have dragons but they are evil or at least mostly as they are under command of the deity of darkness (don't remember the name at the moment) but the dragonlances themselves are lances which are made to slay dragons which are used in couple wars at the series.  

Shadeius

Omnipresent Loiterer

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:58 pm
I watched the Eragon movie when it first came out... IT WAS HORRIBLE. And painful. And boring. And RUINED Eragon. I was so upset.

cry

Anyhow, wow, that sounds really cool~! biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:05 am
Well if you have time you should read

Raistlin Chronicles
- The Soulforge (January 199 cool , by Margaret Weis, (ISBN 0-7869-1314-2)
- Brothers in Arms (August 1999), by Margaret Weis and Don Perrin, (ISBN 0-7869-1429-7)

The Chronicles Trilogy
- Dragons of Autumn Twilight (April 1984), Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman, (ISBN 0-8803-8173-6)
- Dragons of Winter Night (April 1985), Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman, (ISBN 0-3947-3975-2)
- Dragons of Spring Dawning (September 1985), Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman, (ISBN 0-8803-8175-2)

The Lost Chronicles Trilogy
- Dragons of the Dwarven Depths (July 2006), by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman, (ISBN 0-7869-4099-9)
- Dragons of the Highlord Skies (July 2007), by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman, (ISBN 0-7869-4860-4)
- Dragons of the Hourglass Mage, by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman, (ISBN 0-7869-4916-8 )

Legends
- Time of the Twins (February 1986), by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman, (ISBN 0-7869-1804-7)
- War of the Twins (May 1986), by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman, (ISBN 0-7869-1805-5)
- Test of the Twins (August 1986), by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman, (ISBN 0-7869-1806-3)

That's around the order you should read them but you can mix The Chronicles Trilogy and The Lost Chronicles Trilogy so that you read 1st part of TCT then 1st part of TLCT then 2nd part of TCT and so on.

Those are books which tells basic story of Tanis the Half-Elf and his companion. (But Raistlin Chronicles and Legends are focused to Raistlin and his twin Caramon so you can skip those books if you don't want to know background story about those two and what happens few years after The Chronicles Trilogy.)

There is a lot more to the story of Dragonlance universe (such as stories of children of the Heroes of Lance (aka Tanis the Half-Elf's group)) but that's the original story.  

Shadeius

Omnipresent Loiterer

Rigormortis Metamorphosis

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:08 am
At the moment I'm trying to read Neromancer. My boyfriend read it and has been trying to get me to, only problem is that well I just haven't had that reading mood for a bit. ><  
•◘•The Readers' Haven•◘•

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff