>>Nathanial Martin Ross<<

better stop crying hello and goodbye-ing
go on through me slip right through my hands
you get your time and the other half's mine
it's okay this love weighs fifty men

User Image
The Great Hall was filled with excitement when Nathanial made his way to the Ravenclaw table. He didn't much care who the champions were because he knew they would all do a good job at the tournament. It would be an interesting fight regardless of who the people were. And he did know that he wasn't going to be picked, mostly because he opted not to put his name in the Goblet of Fire. This was a big relief because the idea of being against all these other talented wizards and witches scared the crap out of him. Not to mention, there would be a certain amount of disappointment if he put in his name and wasn't picked. And either way, he wouldn't have been picked. He wasn't strong enough to survive in this sort of competition. Surely, he'd lose.

So when McGonagall started announcing the champions, Nathanial only watched with a resigned interest. First, she announced the Durmstrang champion. Nathanial glanced up to the head of the Great Hall to see who it was and immediately found himself interested again. It was rare when Nate admitted to himself any sort of attraction to another person (it took him quite some time to accept the fact that he was homosexual). And he was very much attracted to the Durmstrang champion. Maybe those prissy girls had the right idea when they cooed over the Durmstrang students during lunch, hoping one of them would ask them to the Yule Ball. Nathanial bit his lower lip and looked down, embarrassed by his own thoughts, even though he knew they were a secret to everyone else around him.

Then Evangeline Criss was called up. Curiously looking up again, Nate found himself completely immune to her Veela charm, though he found her quite lovely. But he found her lovely the same way that he found Lola lovely. However, the sqeals that came from the Beauxbaton had him covering his ears in irritation. They were terribly loud!

Last but not least, Gregory was called up, not really surprising Nathanial. Gregory was a very nice guy and was one of the only people who ever acknowledge his existence at all. He was smart and confident and kind all at the same time. It was no wonder that the Goblet of Fire found him the most fitting for the job. For once, Nathanial found himself to be a bit excited about the tournament. It would definitely be interesting to see how it played out with this wonderfully talented students taking part (especially the attractive Abel Balas). The thought made him blush.

oh why (why) can't (can't) you take me in your arms now?
why (why) can't (can't) you take me?
why (why) can't (can't) you take me in your arms now?
why (why) can't (can't) you take me?
why (why) can't (can't) you take me in your arms now?
why can't you take me?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:20 pm
User Image
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

I've made up my mind, don't need to think it over
If I'm wrong I'm right, no need to look no further
This ain't lust, I know this is love
But if I tell the world, I'll never say enough
'Cause it was not said to you
And that's exactly what I need to do if I'd end up with you

User ImageWalking into the Great Hall, Adele was completely unimpressed. She could care less about the stupid tournament. She didn't care about the three tasks or the Goblet of Fire or the Yule Ball (especially since she knew she would most likely end up not even going). She didn't care. What she did care about was the fact that she'd recieved another letter from her mother this afternoon, claiming that her trip with the boy-toy was put on hold because he'd been found with another woman. So, in short, Adele needed food. She needed something in her stomach to make her feel better. Hopefully there was some heartwarming dessert out for them, like pumpkin pie or something like that. She promised herself that she would work out on the Quidditch Pitch the next morning. She couldn't let the pounds pack on.

As soon as she sat down, her plate was filled. With the first bite, she started to feel better. But then the announcements started. The champions were being chosen at last. Adele scoffed at everyone's excitement. Sure, there was a lot of hype around the tournament, thanks to the great Harry Potter and his accomplishments the last time they had the tournament (not to mention the death of Cedric Diggory). The professors looked increasingly nervous about the impending dangers of the tournament. But again, Adele didn't care. She wouldn't wish anything like death on the champions, but she wasn't excited about watching the tournament or going to the Yule Ball. She could just imagine herself sitting in the corner by herself.

Abel Balas was the Durmstrang champion. Big whoop-dee-doo. Evangeline Criss was the Beauxbaton champion. Couldn't care less (though she cringed at the shrieks that came from the table full of girls). And Gregory Wood was the Hogwarts champion. Big deal. She didn't have any qualms against these people. Really, she didn't know Gregory all that well, but she knew he was friends with Lily Potter and Rose Weasley, two people that Adele made sure to stay away from. Nothing personal...well, maybe it was...her own mother tried to turn in Harry Potter to the Dark Lord, right? Yes, that could be considered personal. So, in shame, she stayed away from them. Looking over at the Gryffindor table, she could see the sheer joy on Lily's face and growled with envy. She couldn't imagine feeling happy for someone else, because to be honest, she never cared about anyone else.

Should I give up, or should I just keep chasing pavements
Even if it leads nowhere?
Or would it be a waste, even if I knew my place
Should I leave it there?

youLOVEamelia
Captain

Snake_in_my_Boot
Crew

Beloved Conversationalist

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:55 pm
User Image

Prof. William Collier

William Palmer Collier slipped into the Great Hall from the door that all of the school's staff seemed to come from during the more important meals. He sat down at his respected seat on the perpendicular table placed in the front of all the house tables, and now the two extra tables for the other two schools. Prof. Collier was just as excited for the results of the goblet as everyone else in the room. Unfortunately, his reasons for being excited were far darker. Everything his comrades had planned for would finally be set into place by the decision of the three champions. What excited him the most was that most of the children of the great Harry Potter had entered their names in the tournament and probably had a good chance of being chosen. A sly grin spred across his face as he watched the students file into the Great Hall and sit down where they were supposed to.

His heart raced and his hands began to sweat as the headmistress stood up in front of the staff table to announce the choosing of the three school champions. Collier could not help but lean forward when the name of the Durmstrang champion was revealed. Abel Balas? Who the heck was that? The Professor of History was not familiar with that student, which meant that he could not think of a way to use the boy for his sinister plan. Next was Evangeline Criss, the champion for Beauxbaton. He muttered a few curses under his breath when he realized that both these people were worthless in his plan. Collier was hoping for a strong rowdy boy and one of the more flirtatious girls to be chosen, that way the Hogwarts champion would either be roughed up a bit or be seduced by a Beauxbaton girl.

The professor let out a sigh as he took a long drink from his cup and waited for the announcement of the Hogwarts Champion. The headmistress was purposely dragging it out in order to keep everyone in suspense, but it was only serving to agitate him further. He needed to know who it was now, that way he could write a quick letter to his contacts and inform them of the goblet's choices. His anticipation was increasing so overwhelmingly that it almost caused him to yell out like the snot-nosed Slytherin had just done. Then all of his eagerness was shot down when he was informed that the champion was Gregory Leo Wood the punk from Ravenclaw. Son of a b**ch, that was what he was screaming on the inside. His hands balled into fists as he kept himself from banging his head on the table from disappointment. Then he remembered how the punk was always seen sitting at the Gryffindor table near Lily Potter and Rose Weasely. Perhaps, he could use that friendship to further progress his scheme. Before anyone could notice the disappointment on his face, William Collier started to clap for the champions just like everyone else.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:45 am
~*Nixie Lilac Becker*~
Professor of Arithmancy

Something's growing under that wing
I think a face is dawning
Oh no the books are growing faces
And you're lost quite classically
With your nose in a book
And it seems so fitting

User Image
Nixie looked among the students from her place at the staff table, just watching the excitement unfold. Everyone was so eager to know who the Goblet of Fire would choose to be the three champions of the three schools. Though the excitement was contagious, Nixie couldn't help but feel nervous for who would be chosen. After the last tournament, who knows what could happen this time. Of course, there would most likely be higher security measures pulled this time around, but it didn't help to calm her nerves.

Looking to her left, she noticed that Professor Collier seemed just as excited as the students. He seemed very strange at times, but Nixie just smiled, taking his excitement as completely sincere. Looking at the other teachers, some of them seem just as nervous as she and others just as excited as Professor Collier (though Nixie didn't know that their excitement was for terribly different reasons).

Abel Balas was the Durmstrang champion. The roar of excitement that came from the Durmstrang table was deafening. He seemed like a sturdy boy. Hopefully he'd be sturdy enough to survive against the tournament. Evangeline was named the Beauxbaton champion. She was a lovely girl, but did she have the strength to win? And then Gregory Wood was chosen as the Hogwarts champion. Pride swam in her heart as a Ravenclaw was very rarely chosen for anything spectacular like this, but would Gregory keep his wits when he was facing some terrible danger? Did the goblet pick correctly? Of course...How could she question it? The goblet had spat out Harry Potter's name the last time. Nixie couldn't distrust its judgment.

Before Nixie could do anything the cameras were going off. Surely, this would be on the front page of the Daily Prophet by morning. But the camera's were directed towards the staff table. Could you see Nixie in the back of the photo? She tried to duck so that her face wouldn't be seen in any photos. What would happen if Chris happened to read the Daily Prophet and saw her face right on the front page? He'd come straight to Hogwarts and drag her back to the life she used to have. That is, unless she went to McGonagall and explained the danger she was in. No, she wouldn't do that unless she had to, and that was only if she saw her own face on the Daily Prophet the next morning.

Trying not to feel nervous anymore, she looked over at Professor Collier and smiled. "Excited for the tournament?" she asked him, just to start some friendly conversation. He seemed nice enough and he'd been in Ravenclaw with her, though he was a few years ahead of her.

And perhaps this is the end we've sought after for so long
And perhaps now it's done
Cause we've found all entire dreams
Of men and machines and
Turned them all around our
Indentical hands
Composing our commands

youLOVEamelia
Captain

x-- a i n O a h --x

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:22 pm
User ImageUser Image

User Image

✖ ✖ ✖ Anais was a bit startled with the sudden uproars of applause, high-pitched squeals and random cheers coming out from the Great Hall. They must've announced the school champions then... she thought.

Opening the doors, she was grateful she only managed to attract a couple of stares from the boys nearest to her... They were all distracted by the sudden buzzing of it all. At least she would have time to compose herself before putting on the charismatic persona that was expected of most Veelas. Seriously, sometimes, it was just all a bit tiring... But then again even if she did NOT try to be cheerful and all that, people would still admire her anyway.

Looking at the front, she saw the three lucky (or should she say unlucky, depending on whether they came out of this alive) people who had been called out. They were taking pictures.

For a moment, she felt a sudden wave of jealousy. She knew that she would have become THE Champion if she'd ever bothered to put her name on the Goblet. She was certainly of age and older than Evangeline up there. One more year of experience could be all the difference between succeeding and failing to their untimely deaths. It was one of those things though that she never bothered to do. Not that she was lazy or anything, but she did really prioritize being in the limelight all the time. God knew she'd had enough attention to last her several lifetimes.

At that, she shivered. No, no, no... Do NOT think of those things... Not now. Not in the middle of the Great Hall. Struggling to regain her composure, she glided to the Beauxbatons table steeling herself for what she knew was going to haunt her later.

Trying to focus on brighter thoughts or any other thoughts actually, she went back to studying the three Champions. Focus... focus... Instead of focusing on the Champions though, her gaze fell on the
Teacher's table, where a line of Professors were paying close attention to the happenings. One in particular was Professor... was it Collier? Maybe... She hadn't really paid attention to much since she arrived, but now that she did...

Looking at his face, she tried to recognize what was familiar about it. She was pretty sure she'd never seen him in all her life. But his expression though... it was... familiar. She could not pinpoint what it was that puzzled her so much though. He seemed genuinely excited...

A grumbling in her stomach awakened her from her reverie. Now that she thought about it, she hadn't eaten in hours. Reaching for the salad, she sat down looking at the individuals around her. It would certainly be an interesting year indeed.

User Image  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:16 pm
[R]iley [E]lizabeth [R]enolds

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

User Image

’Ugh was all the girl was able to think. Glancing down the table at her cousins face; He seemed irritated. She bet that he’d wanted to be the name that came from the cup. She had to admit that it would have been an amazing honor to the family. But still it was scary all in itself. She’d put her name in for the sole reason of being told to. And the daring self of her, sort of wanted it. But in complete honesty she didn’t want it. Exhaling slightly the girl glanced from the table to table looking at all the faces around. Some were sort of cheer filled. Others were exuberant, and some just seemed as though it didn’t matter. Aside of her one of her friends nudged her shoulder and asked ”You’ve got to break this to ya Da” The words pierced in her head as they were spoke and her eyes dropped down. ”It’s not my fault or anything. It’s just what the cup wants. Ya know? He’s not going to be like that or anything. He just wanted me to be in it…” The curly haired girl paused to push some of the frizzed mess from her face before continuing. ”See honestly I’m not all sure why he’d want me in it anyway. I’m awful klutzy.” The youngest Renolds daughter glanced to the front where all the teachers sat. Looking them over one by one she tried to think of who they all were. As her eyes wandered she looked to the Ravenclaw table and looked at the Hogwarts champion. After watching the cheering commence through their table the girl fallowed suit to the other two champions. The Beauxbaton champion was a quaint looking girl. Blond hair; Just like most of the others at her school. Last was that of the Durmstrang school. She didn’t really know much of their school. Only they were a brother school, as was the Beauxbaton school. The three champions. It would all spiral from here. They would be faced with treacherous things, and deadly tasks. Riley hoped that none of them would truly get hurt. Most people still cannot take the death of the Hufflepuff Cedric Diggory.

The room was still buzzing with excitement far after the Three had been dismissed for pictures. The daily profit would eat this up. They always did. But she started to wonder; How were they going to beat last years tournament? The girl’s Blue eyes looked around still. She never realized how big this room was with all the people in it. There was a hesitance as she glanced across the tables again. She knew this whole tournament was going to be crazy. Letting herself glance at the non eaten plate before her. The girl gazed for a minute. Not looking at the plate itself but staring past it. Before much thought was able to reach her head Scorpius had sat next to him. Out faced and leaning back against the actual table. His green eyes looked up at the ceiling awaiting for her to realize he was actually sitting there. When she looked up a puzzled look hit her face seeing him there. ”Oh” The girl’s voice was surprised as she looked at her cousin.” Hi Scorpius” She paused again and then finished speaking ”Whats up?” He glanced back to her with a sly look on his face. ”Some of us other Slytherins have found a Tunnel” Riley’s brow lifted as she became curious. ”A….Tunnel?’ The boy grinned a bit before slyly remarking. ”Yes. And were going to explore it. Want to come along?” The girl never realized how much he sounded like a slivering snake when he spoke. It was like her uncle. She shivered slighty as her head nodded slightly. She wasn’t sure if she should fallow her cousin; But he couldn’t find to much trouble. Right?

His face lit up with glee as he spoke ”Right then! There is only a small group of us now. It’s you and I. Then Gabe, and two other people. But they may not end up exploring with us. Bring whoever you want. The more the merrier I think.” The boy threw one hand in the air like he didn’t even care the consequences. He glanced to the various tables; Catching a few eyes as he did. His same sly smile stayed on his face until he finished looking around. ”Keep in mind, anyone you want to bring. Go for it. Meet in front of the commons at Ten.” With that final statement her cousin stood back up and slithered back to his seat at the opposite end of the table. Riley turned out and looked around the room trying to figure out who he was looking at. Her eye caught a few Raenclaw girls that were giggling as they watched him. The frizzy haired girl looked at the ground and then turned back around to the table. She wondered if this would end badly or not?

Petite Hibou

Dapper Explorer

youLOVEamelia
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:02 pm
User Image

User ImageAs she stuffed her face with food, Adele couldn't help but overhear a very interesting conversation between Scorpius Malfoy and Riley Renolds. The cousins were clearly planning some excursion for the night, something that Adele would be very much interested in. It wasn't that she was friends with Riley or Scorpius. Hell, she wasn't friends with anyone to be completely honest. Friends weren't exactly her style. But going out at night for a good time was something that Adele was always up for. After all, it took away from the stress, which took away from all the stress-eating she did. In fact, some sort of nighttime outing was exactly what she needed in order to feel like herself again. That meant she would either have to invite herself to go with the other Slytherins or sneak after them to find out where this tunnel was. Just getting off of the Hogwarts grounds would be enough.

Deciding she ought to tag along with the others for fear of getting lost, she looked over at Riley and Scorpius. Surely, Scorpius wouldn't mind her presence. Their parents had been good friends in school, right? Though they weren't friends, she was sure they probably wouldn't mind...hopefully. "So...you guys know about a tunnel and I want in. I want to get out of here," she told them simply. They didn't need to know why. There was no necessity for some sob story about her idiot mom who was wasting her life and degrading her family name with lustful affairs and illicit nights of passion. "Mind if I tag along with you?" Even if they did, she planned on going anyway, though in secrecy. She could only hope that this tunnel would bring them somewhere that wasn't Hogwarts. The castle had become rather stifling to her in the past week. She felt trapped inside its walls, despite how large the grounds were. She considered risking her life in the Forbidden Forest just for the feeling of freedom and reckless danger. Perhaps she was just trapped in her monotonous life.

Looking back up at the champions just made her more trapped. She hated all the excitement that others felt while she was completely unfazed by the choosing of the three champions. Perhaps her parents would be disappointed that she didn't even bother to put her name in the Goblet of Fire. Well...her father would be anyway. Her mother was so absorbed in her own life that she probably didn't even know that the tournament was going on.

Trying to forget all about that, she looked back to Riley and Scorpius, hoping for an answer in the positive.

Should I leave it there?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:19 pm
User Image
User Image
User Image

׺°”˜`”°º×» It was finally the night. The night where three rather competent children (judging by the way they acted, they were pretty much all children to her) were being chosen to go through one of the most dangerous competitions in the world.

The face of a dead Cedric Diggory flashed through her head as she saw the Hogwarts Champion coming up to revel in the honor that was being bestowed upon him. Memories of the last TriWizard Tournament hadn't faded away yet and even though it was Gregory Wood, an exceptionally clever Ravenclaw, it did not always mean he would win... or worse, survive. Through experience, she had learned cleverness was not always an advantage.

God knew her brothers and sisters, though as clever as they were (and maybe even more), none had survived battle. A feeling of dread came over her, although she could not exactly explain why... Maybe the after-effects of such a dismal event? Even though Diggory had been a Hufflepuff, she had worried about him. Even more so about Harry who was one of her own Gryffindors.

Harry... Yes, he had proven himself worthy over the years, and yes he had survived... but...

Pull yourself together woman! They are going to be fine. No need to worry about things that are not yet happening.

Sitting on the High Chair of the Teacher's table, she ran over the things that were supposed to be done before the tasks. The field, the cages, the lake... Her staff was most capable of taking care of these things, but always a hands-on character, she chose not to let go of much responsibility. She sighed. Maybe she WAS rather overworking herself.

She would need to meet with the Champions and their respective Headmasters after this. But for now, she would clap and cheer on.
User Image  

x-- a i n O a h --x

Petite Hibou

Dapper Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:58 pm

User Image

When Scorpius noted Adele approach the two he gave a scowl when he noted who she was. He wasn’t positive who she was, but hoped in all she wasn’t. Riley had spoke before the boy was able too, inviting her to the adventure the others were going on. ”Yes. Feel free to. I’m not sure where it exactly is. My cousin here hasn’t spoke it all to me yet.” The girl admitted with a slight cheer. She was growing slightly excited by this whole thing. It was a surprise to her. If it in fact ended badly, she figured they’d be able to get out of whatever they’d gotten in to. Riley looked at her cousin then back to the Slytherin called Adele. She nodded a bit to herself before speaking again. ”We’ve only a few other people going. Cousin said the more the merrier. I believe you are the fourth for exact. There may be two others, but they are too goody in my mind.” Riley looked at the door of the great hall. She wondered when they would be off. She knew there was something else they had to do that the head master would lead, but she couldn’t remember exact.

Her curious eyes looked up at the teachers table. Headmistress Mcgonagall looked viciously worried. Riley figured that it was the tournament; The last year before this a boy was lost and it unfolded that Lord Voldemort was back. Riley placed her hand on her face and leaned on the table. Thinking. Time seemed to be passing by super slow as she looked at Adele. She didn’t know much about the dark haired girl. Her uncle was friends with her mother; As of what she knew. Riley had often thought they were together. If that had been the case then Adele would have been part of their twisted family. Riley smirked a bit to herself. She seemed like a nice person to be a part of her family.

Finally looking at Adele to speak she spoke ”The tunnel is located somewhere in the common room. I’ve been thinking about it and I believe it leads out to a cave in the forbidden woods.” The girl hesitated. ”If that’s the case, we could get into serious danger…” She paused and looked at her cousin and then to Adele ”Not to mention we could get Expelled.” The Slytherin wondered on it for a moment before announcing ”I’m in if you all are?”

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:43 pm
Its been one week since you looked at me
Cocked your head to the side and said I'm angry.
Five days since you laughed at me
Saying get that together come back and see me.
Three days since the living room
I realized its all my fault, but couldn't tell you
Yesterday you'd forgiven me
But it'll still be two days till I say I'm sorry

User Image Gregory Leo Wood User Image

Gregory winced as his fellow champion aggressively patted him on the back, but he kept his smile on his face for the people cheering for him. Taking the more civilized approach at congratulating his friend, Greg shook his hand instead. They both felt like they were on top of the world at the moment, and the roar of the cheering crowd of students was not helping to humble them. It seemed like this moment would never end and the cheering would never stop. He noticed even the teachers were not doing anything to stop the celebration of the champions. The photos of this moment would be all over the place, and almost everyone in the Wizarding World would see him and Abel on the front cover. Gregory knew his mom would freak out so he made a metal note to write to her as soon as he got out of the spotlight. Somebody at the end of the Ravenclaw Table shouted out, "Party in Ravenclaw Tower tonight!" It was not everyday that you saw any student from the house filled with brains get excited about anything other than a book signing. Gregory felt proud to be the representative of his school and of the House of Ravenclaw for the tournament. Maybe now his house wouldn't only be known as the bookworms of the world. the sixth-year seeker could bet anyone that nobody saw this coming. A Ravenclaw as the Hogwarts Champion? He had a feeling that some of his peers would rub this in people's face for the rest of the year, especially the students in Slytherin.

"Congrats to the both of you, Miss Criss, Balas," he replied as he nodded to the two in acknowledgment. Gregory took the opportunity to examine the two able champions he would have to compete against. Eva was right, they would probably become friends because of this, but there was till that school pride that could get in the way of things. He had a feeling that he would get much resentment from the Durmstrang guys, especially after the little run in earlier today. Evangeline Criss was one of the most attractive girls he had ever seen, but he took into consideration that he might just be saying that because of her Veela blood. He knew that she had talent for this tournament because the goblet had chosen her over all the other able Beauxbaton students. His parents had told him of the last Beauxbaton champion Fleur Delacour and how fierce of a competitor she had been until the unfortunate events began to take place during the third task. But, that was long ago and the tournament would be much safer than last time. Well, that was what Gregory wanted to think at least.

Abel Balas was the choice that somewhat perplexed the sixth year Ravenclaw student. No offense, but the more humble Durmstrang student did not seem like the kind of guy that would enter himself into such a hazardous tournament and actually be chosen. Perhaps, there was more to him then meets the eye. For all Greg knew, Abel could be the top student of his school and have magical prowess over some of the teachers here! He had only met the guy this morning, so he told himself he shouldn't be making judgments of his fellow champions already. They all would soon find out just what the others had up their sleeves when the first task rolled around. Then Eva spoke and stole him from his thoughts. "Yes, we will be first to dance. It would be quite embarrassing to show up to the ball without a date, especially us," he replied with a genuine smile on his face. His head was up in the clouds at a moment and soon he would suddenly realize what exactly he had gotten himself into. But that would have to wait because tonight he would be partying it up in his common room with his fellow Ravenclaw students.

How can I help it if I think you're funny when you're mad
Trying hard not to smile though I feel bad
I'm the kind of guy who laughs at a funeral
Cant understand what I mean? you soon will
I have a tendency to wear my mind on my sleeve
I have a history of losing my shirt

User Image

Prof. William Collier

The History of Magic teacher could barely keep himself in his seat as the celebration continued. His mind was swimming with new ideas for the sinister plan that would soon come into play. The dark lord would rise again and how ironic that he would be resurrected again because of the Triwizard Tournament. His enemies would shake in their robes once they realized what was exactly happening. Just the thought of it gave him the chills. Right when he was about to rush off to his classroom, one of his fellow teachers started speaking to him. A lump immediately formed in his throat as he turned to see that the Arithmancy teacher smiling at him. He remembered her from their years at school together, but he could not recall her name.

Slowly a smile formed on his surprised face as he replied to the woman, "Why wouldn't I be? Finally a Ravenclaw has a chance in the spotlight, and the inner child in me is just thrilled at that." He then realized that he had probably talked to fats for her understand a word of what he had just said. A faint blush flashed across his face as he looked into her eyes for a moment. I hope I don't say anything to reveal anything! He noticed how she was a little bugged by the flashes from the camera, so he turned in his seat so that his shoulder was blocking her from the reporters. A smile spread across his face as he waited for his fellow staff member to keep the conversation going.

Snake_in_my_Boot
Crew

Beloved Conversationalist

youLOVEamelia
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:14 am
User Image

User ImageAdele was happy to find that her fellow Slytherins would have no problem with her tagging along. Some of them might have known what a travesty her mother had become and been ashamed of Adele, but it seemed that most of that mumbo jumbo pureblood crap was done with. So she would be going with them through this tunnel, most likely into the Forbidden Forest. "Danger is exactly what I need right now. That won't be a problem..." She wasn't as untroubled about being expelled should they be caught. However, she figured if she was expelled, she would either be enrolled in another school or tutored at home. Oh gods, she didn't want to be tutored at home. "And we'll just have to be careful not to get caught." That possibility did add a bit of a thrill to their planned excursion.

"I'm definitely in." She couldn't help but wonder, however, who the two goody people were. What Slytherin was too goody for this sort of thing? Maybe it wasn't a Slytherin then? After all, since the demise of the Dark Lord, the school had been promoting mingling between houses. And she'd seen Riley talking to one Albus Potter. But if she'd heard correctly from a fellow Slytherin, she'd completely blasted him this morning. Surely, they weren't friends after that. So it must have been someone else she wanted to bring with them...maybe...right? Adele, sincerely hoped so. Not that she had any problem with Albus in particular. She just couldn't see being friends with them because of her mother's treacherous betrayal of their father. To think she would have handed over the savior to the Dark Lord made Adele sick.

Still, she would definitely go. And Riley was right (if she intended to invite Albus after all). He would be far to goody two shoes for this sort of thing, despite the fact that his father was rumored to have late night excursions as well. "Then we shall all meet in the common room, right?" she questioned. It was terribly convenient that the tunnel was right in their common room. They wouldn't even have to sneak around to get to the tunnel. Nobody would even suspect that they were gone. It was just perfect.

Should I leave it there?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:24 am
~*Nixie Lilac Becker*~
Professor of Arithmancy

Something's growing under that wing
I think a face is dawning
Oh no the books are growing faces
And you're lost quite classically
With your nose in a book
And it seems so fitting

User ImageNixie laughed at how quickly he spoke to her. He was clearly very excited about the tournament. Somehow, she managed to make out what he was trying to say to her. "Yes, I think it's about time Ravenclaw got some bragging rights. The clever are always overlooked, aren't they?" It was true to a certain extent, though Nixie thought that sometimes the clever wanted it that way. As little recognition as possible. But now Gregory Wood was the new Hogwarts champion and people would finally see what a threat the Ravenclaws could be.

Nixie smiled at William, glad for his shoulder as the cameras went off. Who knew what would happen if her face somehow made it to the cover of the Daily Prophet? She did, actually. Chris would come her and drag her away to the life she'd escaped. But enough on that. "Thank you. I'm not a big fan of having my face in any newspapers," she explained to him simply. Of course, she wouldn't start some sob story about her life before Hogwarts. In fact, she didn't want anyone to know about that ever. It was far too embarrassing to admit to someone that you'd been abused by your loser boyfriend and now he was after you to bring you back home. No, she certainly wouldn't go into that. A simple thank you would have to suffice, along with the lackluster explaination of why the cameras bothered her so.

"I'm not sure if you remember me from our own Hogwarts days but I'm Nixie Becker. I was a few years behind you, I believe," she told him, offering a hand for him to shake. It couldn't hurt to reintroduce herself, despite the fact that most of the current professors knew one another. However, William didn't seem like the kind of person to just start a conversation with you. So she was compelled to do so in order to get to know him a little. It made sense in her mind anyway.

And perhaps this is the end we've sought after for so long
And perhaps now it's done
Cause we've found all entire dreams
Of men and machines and
Turned them all around our
Indentical hands
Composing our commands

youLOVEamelia
Captain

youLOVEamelia
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:51 am
Lily | Luna | Potter

Said I forgot, but I did not
Dreams we have had play in my head
Did we believe the cry of the wind?
Did we regret? Would we forget?

User ImageLily was terribly proud of Gregory for being chosen as the Hogwarts Champion. He truly deserved it. And how exciting the Yule Ball would be now! Lily couldn't wait to see Gregory and Rose walking out together and then dancing the first dance! It would be marvelous! She and Rose would just have to go shopping for the best dressed in all of Hogsmeade! Seriously, Rose would have to look the best! That might be tough with all the Veelas around (and clearly Evangeline Criss was at least part Veela with the way some of the males in the room stared at her). Oh, Lily could hardly keep her composure because of how desperately excited she was about the tournament and the Yule ball. Of course, there was worry that came with excitement. Her father told her enough about the last tournament for her to be scared for the champions' lives. But the goblet surely chose them for a reason. It must have thought that these three would be strong and smart enough to survive the tasks coming up.

Looking over to the Slytherin table, Lily noticed Riley Renolds talking to her fellow students. Lily had had a bit of a tiff with her in the Owlery just before the ceremony. Well, not even that. Lily felt almost sorry for the girl, as she seemed rather upset about what Lily had asked her. However, Lily found that her brothers depressed demeanor that afternoon was, indeed, her business and she wanted to get to the bottom of it before it became a habit of Albus's to act so down in the dumps. Seriously, she was only worried about her brother. Lily could only guess what happened between them to make him so sad and make her so angry. Had he asked her to the Yule Ball? Lily thought she remembered him mentioning something like that to her about Riley. Maybe she turned him down. Lily couldn't be sure.

When someone shouted about a party in the Ravenclaw common room, Lily's attention was taken away from the Slytherin table. There would be wild parties going on in honor of the three champions that night. Lily only wished that she could be a Ravenclaw for one night and party with Gregory. No, it would be like any other night for Lily. She would go up to the Gryffindor Tower, where some festivities might end up happening, and she would most likely end up just doing homework in some quiet corner of the common room. But that was okay. It meant she would get her work done early, like a good little Gryffindor, right? And she wouldn't have to worry about it the next day.

Suddenly, Lily noticed just how worried Professor McGonagall looked. She must have been terribly anxious about the tournament, since she'd been around during the last one. She'd have seen the dead body of Cedric Diggory, just as she'd taken part in the battle at Hogwarts when Lily's father had destroyed the Dark Lord. It made Lily worry a little bit more than she had before. If even the headmistress was worried about what was to come, how could the rest of them be so damn jolly about the whole thing? Lily would just have to have faith in Gregory and the other two champions, while hoping that nothing like the death of Cedric Diggory would ever happen again.

Winters have come and gone you know
Winters have come and gone you know
But I’ll miss you young and sweet
For a dance round the memory tree

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:53 pm

User Image

Riley listened to the newcomer on their night excursion and smirked. She was glad the girl wouldn’t be afraid to get in to trouble. With that new idea in her mind the girl figured that they would be able to do so much more; none of them feared to get in trouble. Well she knew the others didn’t. She’d not wanted to get in to trouble to be honest. But all in all it wouldn’t bother her as long as the punishment wasn’t to harsh. Letting out some air in her throat the girl closed her eyes for a moment before glancing at her cousin. He’d stood up now; in front of the two. ”Right then. The common room; Eleven. It’s late enough everyone will be in bed, and so it’d be easy to keep the group a tad bit small. I’ve looked at the tunnel a bit. Like the entrance. It takes us to the top of the castle, and to a room up above the great hall. From there we switch off to a new tunnel and go from there.” With that the boy waved a hand and walked back to the other side of the table where he’d sat earlier that day. Riley looked at Adele briefly before adverting her eyes. She’d not know what to say to the girl. She knew her family knew each other; as well as she knew the girl a bit. Not much. The only thing she knew was her mother was an old family friend to her uncle.

Riley’s eyes looked at her twiddling fingers before she felt an odd feeling. Lilly Potter stared directly at her. She was able to catch her eye for only a moment before their contact was broke by Lilly looking down. Riley looked the other way as she bit her lip. She didn’t mean to be harsh to the girl; Honest. She just didn’t want her to get in to it. She wanted to drop it.

From what Albuses little sister said her words had hurt him. The brave Harry Potters son; Depressed due to her family’s old ways. The girl’s lip was starting to sting as a trickle of blood flowed in her mouth. She sort of ignored the twinge as she fiddled with her fingers still. Looking back at Adele with a hopeless face as though she was beseeching her on what to do Riley spoke. ”Um…I need to be off. To the library I mean. I must go find a book.” Riley hesitated in her actions as she rose from the table. As she stood she spoke again ”I’ll see you tonight, Alright?” A small smirk rolled on her lips as she turned to walk towards the door. As she did such she let out a slight Glare to the Gryffindor table. She wasn’t really angry at anyone…Well besides herself. She just wanted Lilly to leave her be and she seemed the person to care too deeply to let go. Riley glared for only a moment more then wrapped her hands around her book and pulled it too her like she was hugging it. Looking forward her face changed from a wicked glare to a confused face as she began to bite her lip again. It was a nervous habit of hers that she had never been able to break.

Petite Hibou

Dapper Explorer

youLOVEamelia
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:10 pm
User Image

User ImageSuddenly, Riley seemed a little upset about something. Following the girl's gaze, Adele's eyes landed on Lily Potter. Had the redhead done something to upset Riley? "You alright, Riley? Your lip is bleeding a bit.." But the girl insisted on excusing herself. "Alright, we'll just meet later." She didn't mention that it seemed a little odd how badly Riley needed to go to the library on the night of all these celebrations. But whatever had happened between Riley and Lily certainly wasn't any of Adele's business. She wanted nothing to do with the Potters. Riley's evasion to staying in the Great Hall was just fine with Adele. As much as she would offer any sort of sympathy to the girl with the bleeding lip, she didn't really want to know what was going on. Just the thought of the Potters made her grab for more food. This stress-eating was really getting out of control. She'd have to work off the extra calories on their excursion that night, or else spend a little extra time on the quidditch pitch the next morning.

When Riley left, Adele continued to pay a little more attention to what was going on by the staff table. The champions were still preening about being chosen. Big deal. Adele wanted nothing to do with the tournament either. It wasn't her style to get all excited for someone else's chance to prove honor or strength or whatever. The only sort of competition she enjoyed was Quidditch, something that she was rather good at. Being a chaser on the Slytherin team was enough for her competitive spirit. She could only hope that they would win the cup this year and was terribly relieved when she heard they would still be holding quidditch games even with the tournament going on. Maybe their seeker would even defeat the great Gregory Wood or Miss Lily Potter. They would have to wait and see.

((Short...I'm brain dead tonight))

Should I leave it there?

Other Places Inside and Outside the Castle

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash