Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
Welcome to 3G! Rules, Site and Staff Info are here!!! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LunaWillowind

Devoted Lunatic

16,000 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 5 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:50 am
First of all, thank you for accepting me. I've got requests from several guilds and one of their reasons for recruiting me was that they saw me as a literate person.

I do my best to use proper grammar in all of my posts here on Gaia and everywhere else. When members use "txt tlk" I have a hard time understanding what they are talking about. Especially since I'm originally a Norwegian.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:02 pm
Thanks for accepting my request to join the guild. I find it quite appalling that so many people cannot spell correctly or use proper grammar. I have no problems with colloquialisms, it's what adds to the richness of the language, but to me, that's very different from being completely careless.  

abarrach

7,950 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Sausage Fest 200

Mike-Sunami

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:32 pm
Hooray! For we finally have a guild where we can escape the txt talk Gaians (pardon my anti-literacy there). Keep doing a good job, Captain, Vice-Captain and Crew.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:56 pm
Thank you for accepting my application. I love language and languages. I wish that U.S. schools would encourage "foreign" language study. Whenever I see words or quotes in another language, it pushes my want-to-learn button; and I think most people are eager to help others learn a new language. HOWEVER, text-talk strikes me as a language of exclusion--If you don't understand us, (insert expletive.)

Needless to say, I'm delighted to be here.  

Miradora

Hermonie Urameshi

Conservative Explorer

6,550 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 1:51 pm
Thank you for excepting me. 3nodding That's a lot of rules...it's going to take me a while to read them all. xd I was wondering, I have a Japanese friend who is learning English and I wanted to know if she could join. Her English isn't so great, but I thought it would isn't so great, but I thought it would be a great way for her learn better English...

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 2:23 pm
Excellent, I am now a part of this most excellent guild.

Time to read the rules, I - oh dear...there are quite a few...  

Personable

RainnDropz

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 5:12 pm
»♥ Thank you you for accepting me. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 7:10 pm
Just a note to several members: the proper term is accepting, not excepting.
To except is to leave something out. (Example: 'I'm putting you all in detention, excepting John, who behaved well.')

My apologies if this has been posted up before, please notify me if so.  

MadnessFreak

liveanddiefordacutty

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:19 pm
Thank you so much for allowing me to join this guild. It is nice to know that there are indeed people out there who type out their words.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:12 pm
Fantastic to be here, and thanks for having me. I'm not much of a talker (typer?) but I'll do my best to uphold common sense and good grammar! smile  

Doktor Josef

nuGen Staff Genius

Desann4

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:31 am
Hey. Thanks for accepting my request. Sadly, more and more Gaians are becoming illiterate. It's as if this entire site is a breeding ground. Well, you get the picture. At least now I know of more literates.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:14 am
Thank you for letting me join this guild! biggrin Now I don't have to feel like I'm the only one the knows how to spell on Gaia! rofl

Since mostly everyone on Gaia diesn't type their words right, the new Gaians will think that Gaia is a lazy, uncaring website and they might not play it! I hope more people will join this guild! pirate

Pweblow

jangab

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:55 pm
biggrin biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:28 am
Yay! Thanks for accepting me. xd  

trenchcoat-on-a-tortilla

Gracious Hunter

14,500 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100