Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply ~The Random Center~ Off topic glory!
Tales of Symphonia?? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tales of Symphonia.... Do you like it?
  Yes! ^-^
  No...
  What?? o_O
  GOLD!! XD
View Results

ponponpon way x2

Wild Comrade

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:07 am
I love the last colliseum battles, because that's when it ends. XD So, what's the best level to attempt to beat the colliseum with Genis? I keep dieing at the dang first fight, stupid knight, and dragon. T.T  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:26 am
Errrr...it's NEARLY impossible to win Colliseum with Genis or Raine, but I'm sure it's possible...It's really hard to get time for spell incantations, check an EX Skill guide for skills and compound skills to shorten casting time/prevent staggering. Also, try getting Genis's Meteor Storm at Heimdall (After Origin's Seal, take the path at the right of the Inn, there's an old elf and a brat arguing). That's Genis' Hi-Ougi (well, other than Indignation Judgement), it can cover most of the field, and will pretty much hit every enemy at least once.

That's my theory, also, since Genis is an excellent cook, before entering, switch him to the cook position, and have him cook a recipe that helps you regain tons of HP and TP (Don't forget to press 'X' after each battle and stock up on ingredients). Also, for accesories, it's hard to choose, if his HP isn't anywhere near 9999, then attach a Bleach Onyx, if it's 9999, try attaching an HP regaining item (THere's onethtat regains 10% for every enemydefeated) and a Defense raising one since Genis' defense is well...not very good....

It seems that the Colliseum is very hard for spellcasters...Oh yeah, save before entering (restart game if you lose), or else when you lose, you may find yourself 40,000 gald poorer for each loss.

miken-chan

miken-chan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:31 pm
It's time for me to try and get a PS2, for Tales of the Abyss is said to be coming out in October! Well...even if that's a lie, I could also go for Baten Kaitos: Origins, also coming in September...choices, choices and an Algebra 101 course from my dad...to help me remember...I hate polynomials in fractions...but I forgot most of it, so my dad's forcing me to go back...

Anyways, Tales of the Abyss looks really, really cool! (I watched a couple gameplay videos on youtube) I want it!...But my parents say a Gamecube is already too much...

PS-Did you know that all of those silent Z-skits in the US version of Symphonia were actually all fully voiced in Japanese?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:23 am
WHAT!? Man I wish they had that in the English version...Some of those little skits a too hard to read...Though my personal fave one is when everyone trys out Geines weapon and Mithos accidently throws it at Rain. It's too funny rofl  

Nightwind-Dragon

Feral Dragon

23,750 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100

miken-chan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:10 am
Nightwind-Dragon
WHAT!? Man I wish they had that in the English version...Some of those little skits a too hard to read...Though my personal fave one is when everyone trys out Geines weapon and Mithos accidently throws it at Rain. It's too funny rofl
There were 2 kendama scenes, one with Mithos and one without, the one with Mithos involves the Kendama suddenly swerving away from Raine's head and hitting Zelos...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:14 pm
miken-chan
Nightwind-Dragon
There were 2 kendama scenes, one with Mithos and one without, the one with Mithos involves the Kendama suddenly swerving away from Raine's head and hitting Zelos...
Oo I want to see that one.  

Nightwind-Dragon

Feral Dragon

23,750 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • The Wolf Within 100

miken-chan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 5:54 pm
I have found the reason now, why we are forced to kill the last boss twice (along with the inclusion of 3 optional bosses)

*SPOILER!!!*

Since you're forced to fight Kratos 3 times (4 if you count the 4000 year younger illusion battle against Kratos, Yuan and Mithos in the PS2 version in the Book of Niflheim). Then, you only fought the main boss (not counting 2nd final) as you've come to know him (AKA battling Mithos Yggdrasil, instead of just Yggdrasil) twice -or thrice if you count said PS2 battle-

So, to balance it out, the game developers added in the extra battle against Mithos' final form, which looks like he became a machine...so they added the 3 optional Bosses in Welgaia (I forget their names)...Thus giving him the reason to transform

Thus, I believe that the crazy 2nd final boss thing is a scheme to make it so that the players don't fight against Kratos more than the main boss (Just a reminder: Mithos Yggdrasil, not just Yggdrasil)...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:11 pm
Now here's my review for Tales of Legendia:

Battle System: Just like any battle system in the Tales Series, it uses the Linear Motion Battle System (LMBS) or some form of this. To me, this battle system was a big step down from Symphonia, since you are given one plane of movement for battle, instead of 3 (in Symphonia, the plane the character is on switches to match the one the enemy is on). It's still very fun, but the battles are too action-packed, and I find my Crystal-Erens (magic-users) getting disrupted too often

Graphics: Cute, very cute, the main graphics are chibi-fied, but the skits are all anime styled.

Characters: Some are cool, some are bland. Jay's Background story is very good, but I find Shirley too much like Colette. She is a relatively strong crystal eren, but she gets kidnapped WAAAAY too often (Three times within the first 3 hours -By a Bandit, by a weird (but cool) flying guy and finally by an army of even weirder guys-, hell, she's worse than Colette!!! Plus she doesn't truly join the party until halfway through the game...)

And the Oresoren...they're absolutely ADORABLE!!!!! The little otter-like creatures and their little song/dance....*Ors*....Pippo, Quppo and Poppo bring the game up one more notch for adorability!!!!

Voices: Love 'em . Voices returning from Symphonia are:
Name-Symphonia Role- Legendia Role
Cam Clarke - Kratos Aurion - Will Raynard
Shiloh Strong - Zelos Wilder - Moses Sandor
Tara Strong - Presea Combatir - Norma Beatty

Most of the 'Select' Skits are full voiced, which is a great thing. And most of 'em match, but I think Shirley's is too squeaky...

Music: The Japanese Opening "TAO" by Do as Infinity is a great song about friends departing (it was the last single released by the group before splitting up). I personally love it, as well as the Orchestrated opening. The Japanese song tells the intro in a heartbreaking way, while the Orchestrated music accents the intro and makes a strong remark.

As for the score, it's absolutely beautiful. I found it a great break from all of the sythesized music in Symphonia. The score is performed by a live Orchestra...the name of which I can't remember...I'll post the name of the Orchestra later...

miken-chan

Miwaslover

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:00 am
Yeah! Thanks for the review miken-chan!

I can't wait for it to come out I think it is

in September but I forget what the guy

had said at the booth. ^.^;

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:10 am
My review was for Tales of Legendia. Tales of the Abyss is coming out in October...

I'm so happy that I finally got a PS2!!!

Anyways, Tales of the Abyss looks really cool. I hope they can bring over the intro song "Karma" By Bump of Chicken...it's a great song....

They have tons of hi-ougis, one for each person and another secret hi-ougi for everyone except Natalia (her full name's so long...I can't remember anything except one was Kimlaska) and Guy Cecil...

The Battle System for Tales of the Abyss is basically Symphonia's, except for the ability to use 'Free Run' (which is acquired from and early AD Skill). Free run let's you move outside the 3 lines of motion while pressing a button, it's very good for sneaking behind enemies....

Unfortunately, I know more than I'm supposed to about both Legendia and Abyss...it's my fault for doing too much research and spoiling some stuff for myself, but for the most part, I'll still get to learn both storylines as they come...

miken-chan

Nightwind-Dragon

Feral Dragon

23,750 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:59 pm
I'm saving up for a PS2. Games I'll get when I get it will be: many of the FF games, KH 1 and 2, and I want to try Tales of Legendia and Tales of the Abyss.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:50 pm
One downside for Legendia is that battles are random, and escaping takes a long time for most of the game, so you usually end up fighing every enemy you come upon...

I'm not sure about Abyss' encounter system..., but I'm hoping you get to see your enemy on screen so it's easier to avoid battles...

miken-chan

ponponpon way x2

Wild Comrade

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:11 am
miken-chan
One downside for Legendia is that battles are random, and escaping takes a long time for most of the game, so you usually end up fighing every enemy you come upon...

I'm not sure about Abyss' encounter system..., but I'm hoping you get to see your enemy on screen so it's easier to avoid battles...

Those type of systems can be quite annoying, how unfortunate. I like fighting enemies, though, but, I'm sure it can get annoying at times.

Speaking of Abyss, why do so many of the characters look almost the same as others in earlier games? @.@"  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:24 am
Genbu no miko Marie
miken-chan

Those type of systems can be quite annoying, how unfortunate. I like fighting enemies, though, but, I'm sure it can get annoying at times.

Speaking of Abyss, why do so many of the characters look almost the same as others in earlier games? @.@"
Probably because aside from Legendia, the Series has used the same 2 character designers for their games.

Kosuke Fujishima for: Phantasia, Symphonia and Abyss
Mitsumi Inomata for: Destiny, Eternia, Destiny 2, Rebirth and Tempest
Kazuto Nakazawa: Legendia

PS-I found out that Abyss, like legendia, displays enemies before encounters, so yay for avoiding battles!!!

miken-chan

miken-chan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:28 am
More about Tales of the Abyss' theme: "Karma"

So far, I've found 3 orchestrated versions of it on bluelaguna.net where they list game OSTs. They are: In Between 1 and 0, Mirrors and Meaning of Birth. This means it pretty much a main theme...so it'll be hard for the localization team to get rid of it!!!

So let's all hope that for once, they keep the original intro!!!

~The Random Center~ Off topic glory!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff