Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Naruto Guild
(TOPIC CLOSED!) Low On Chakra: Has America Ruined Naruto? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like the American dubbed version?
  Yes
  No
View Results

Reticence

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:30 am
Sasuke's voice doesnt really bother me as much as I thought it would.
And though Naruto sounds like an old woman, its the catch phrase that
makes me want to hurl on serveral occasions. Heh...

And I miss Kakashi's Japanese voice. ^___^"

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:39 am
i cant really have a say in this because i dont watch the subtitled version (id like to but i just dont have any) and i read the manga and from my expirience i dont think the manga ever talked to me so i cant really judge voices. I really do wish for blood though, i REALLY do. It just seems so incomplete without it. I mean ninjas fight alot, with knifes and extremely deadly jutsus, my guess is someone is going to bleed, bleed a lot more than they do on the show. Since i think i missed the part in the manga about the whole naruto kisses saskue, when that scene happened in the dubbed version, i had no idea what was going on! I don't recall naruto ever saying belive it in the manga and if he did definately not as much as he does, "My name is Naruto Uzumaki, belive it!" "Im going to be the next hokage, belive it!" " Pass the salt, belive it!" i mean for god's sake we belive you! Why the heck would he say belive it here, "My name is Naruto Uzumaki, belive it!" its your freakin' name, of course were going to belive you, why would he lie about his name. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

[Homunculus_Wrath]

KOJI-DARTH

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:48 am
I watched the sub just becuse its way ahead of the dubed but i do have to admit i like the anime more when i can watch instead of read it...i like watching it...cuz i miss most of the fights while trying to get the story..plus i have tp pause it somtimes so i can read wtf they said cuz they talk at 100mph...  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 1:19 pm
u know what i was a naruto fan about 3 months ago untill something happend that i would rather forget
i was a good little boy of 14 and i had watched all 185 naruto episodes (jap of course) and i went on a vacation my mom had scene 1 of the jap episodes just to see what i was watching and we turned on the hotels tv to cartoon networks naruto and i was ashamed on how the murdered everybodys vocies my mom was like wtf is that and so was i. i wish that i can forget that horrible night i wish but from now on i hate the way american anime makers murder jap anime and i think that what japs should do is learn american and have the voice overs with the right people just in american and sell that over here on some market  

luceifer

Yuichi Newton

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:26 pm
I watched subfans Naruto until my cousin stopped downloading them (Episode 70+) and then I missed Naruto, a lot. Recently I rented the USA DVD versions and got hooked all over again. I downloaded the episodes my cousin had and downloaded all the programs that I needed to to watch them on my computer. Ah! what a joy to be watching Naruto subfans again! whee  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:47 am
I was first introduced to Naruto on Toonami. And I gotta say, I loved every minute. Then, After like, episode 16, I started watching the Jananese version on the internet, I watched all the episodes like twice, then, I thought it would be good to watch it in english (No Subtitles). It was the worst decision of my life. I was and still am, so disgusted with the voices, OMFG!!! how can you go so wrong? man, i havent seen an American Naruto episode in weeks. My most hated voice? One word: Chouji.... Believe It!!!  

JaBush

Yuichi Newton

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 11:02 am
One of my main gripes about the american dubbed Naruto are the changed intros and ending pieces. The words and symbolism of the last song are so real and related to Naruto. The american intro shows characters that don't appear in the series until much later on. I think it's hype and I don't like it.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 11:24 am
I wonder how they are going to deal with Tayuya's foul mouth when the Sound 4 are introduced. That should be intresting to say the least.  

Ismaru the Windsoul

JaBush

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:43 pm
Ismaru Windsoul
I wonder how they are going to deal with Tayuya's foul mouth when the Sound 4 are introduced. That should be intresting to say the least.

I bet what ever they do its going to suck.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:46 pm
JaBush
Ismaru Windsoul

It may or it may not. Its too early to pass judgement.  

Ismaru the Windsoul

JaBush

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 7:22 pm
Ismaru Windsoul
JaBush
Ismaru Windsoul

It may or it may not. Its too early to pass judgement.

Yeah, I guess you're right. But I'm not going to hold my breath.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:30 pm
Its funny as hell when Sakura says "Kakashi Sensei" rofl  

DunneyB

iLUFFsushi

4,500 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:44 pm
They have killed it! Killed it! why can't America just get used to SUBTITLES!!!!!!! I prefer subtitles when ever i watch an english movie also! i mean, naruto sounds oh so stupid and they made gai-sensei sound totally UN-YOUTHFUL!!!!  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:25 am
well be glad that there will be uncut naruto dvd boxsets coming in a month or two biggrin  

Darth Naruto

RedPhantomCloud

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:21 pm
Not ruined , But they severly Damaged it

i barely enjoy watching the english version in comparison.  
Naruto Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff