Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Discourse

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who wish to occasionally find refuge from the GD and ED forums 

Tags: conversation, debate 

Reply Blabber
ARGUMENT CLUB Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

magmayoshi

Dapper Mage

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 7:18 pm
black_wing_angel
magmayoshi
Fresnel
black_wing_angel
magmayoshi

Can someone else wear us? We're sick of this obese, anti-social, baby-pooper wearing us... o-o
And no we aren't America 2.0... When we are much more awesome in many ways. ninja

Hockey and free health care are not "many different ways".
They have cops on horseback and a significantly higher civilian-to-lumberjack ratio.

Also, a surprisingly balls-out military. Nobody talks about the Canadians in WW2, but they were ******** maniacs. Like, ANZAC-level maniac.

Hockey definitely counts it's one of the few watchable sports out there. The health care is far from free, it's just affordable.

Cops on horse back? s**t I don't think they are allowed to do so outside of parades since horses like to s**t all over the place. And we have a higher civilian to tree ratio if anything. ninja Which we make up for by polluting the ******** out of the world more per person.

Our military has been pretty epic in the past, the world wars especially. We'd usually go in first and capture key points and defend them when the rest fail miserably. No body in the states talks about it but I know it is mentioned in schools in Canada and Europe. =P

We invented insulin and pacemakers keeping you fat ******** alive ninja

We invented the ability to harvest electricity. We invented the assembly line, making mass production of parts much, much simpler.

Oh, and you didn't "invent" insulin. It was already there. You DISCOVERED it.

and it's a well known fact, that the man who invented the wheel, as well as the man who discovered fire, were most likely from the land we now call the USA!

I'm sorry but Iraq (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baghdad_Battery) kicked your a** in the yay electricity department, Iraq. I'll just let you cry now.
Oh and China kicked your a** at assembly lining first (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assembly_line#The_Terracotta_Army_.28circa_215_BC.29)

We made it harvest able actually and it became a drug NAMED Insulin so yes we invented Insulin.

Do I really need to tell you how historically wrong the last one was?  
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 3:41 pm
magmayoshi
black_wing_angel
magmayoshi
Fresnel
black_wing_angel
magmayoshi

Can someone else wear us? We're sick of this obese, anti-social, baby-pooper wearing us... o-o
And no we aren't America 2.0... When we are much more awesome in many ways. ninja

Hockey and free health care are not "many different ways".
They have cops on horseback and a significantly higher civilian-to-lumberjack ratio.

Also, a surprisingly balls-out military. Nobody talks about the Canadians in WW2, but they were ******** maniacs. Like, ANZAC-level maniac.

Hockey definitely counts it's one of the few watchable sports out there. The health care is far from free, it's just affordable.

Cops on horse back? s**t I don't think they are allowed to do so outside of parades since horses like to s**t all over the place. And we have a higher civilian to tree ratio if anything. ninja Which we make up for by polluting the ******** out of the world more per person.

Our military has been pretty epic in the past, the world wars especially. We'd usually go in first and capture key points and defend them when the rest fail miserably. No body in the states talks about it but I know it is mentioned in schools in Canada and Europe. =P

We invented the ability to harvest electricity. We invented the assembly line, making mass production of parts much, much simpler.

and it's a well known fact, that the man who invented the wheel, as well as the man who discovered fire, were most likely from the land we now call the USA!

I'm sorry but Iraq (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baghdad_Battery) kicked your a** in the yay electricity department, Iraq. I'll just let you cry now.
Oh and China kicked your a** at assembly lining first (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assembly_line#The_Terracotta_Army_.28circa_215_BC.29)

We made it harvest able actually and it became a drug NAMED Insulin so yes we invented Insulin.

The assembly line was invented by Harrison Ford, founder of the Ford automotive company, in Detroit, Iowa.

The bagdad battery was one thing, but WE discovered the ability to harvest ALTERNATIVE CURRENT (AC) electricity, which is A LOT more useful!

And ******** insulin! We invented Morphine!

And you can't prove anything about fire or the wheel.

(and yes, I'm just ******** around)  

black_wing_angel
Vice Captain

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100

magmayoshi

Dapper Mage

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 5:07 pm
black_wing_angel
magmayoshi
black_wing_angel
magmayoshi
Fresnel

The assembly line was invented by Harrison Ford, founder of the Ford automotive company, in Detroit, Iowa.

The bagdad battery was one thing, but WE discovered the ability to harvest ALTERNATIVE CURRENT (AC) electricity, which is A LOT more useful!

I'm sure they lined up to put it all together.

Still electricity and still got your a** kicked.

*googles* Germany... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morphine#History
You guys invented the spin off heroin. Are you purposefully claiming to invent things your former and/or current enemies made on purpose?

That existed before your country did?

(and yes as well, I'm just ******** around with fact bwahahaha)  
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 6:50 pm
magmayoshi
black_wing_angel
magmayoshi
black_wing_angel
magmayoshi
Fresnel

Still electricity and still got your a** kicked.

Ah, but EFFICIENT electricity was our stunt.

Quote:
*googles* Germany... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morphine#History
You guys invented the spin off heroin. Are you purposefully claiming to invent things your former and/or current enemies made on purpose?

No, it just sorta fell into place that way.

That existed before your country did?

Before THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA existed, but the LAND that we NOW call the USA, surely existed back then, and most likely, these events happened on the soil we now call the greatest country on Earth. America!  

black_wing_angel
Vice Captain

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100

village midget

Fanatical Smoker

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 11:36 am
what THE ******** are you people on?!

Morphine distilled from Opium (discovered for use as a recreational drug by the CHINESE) by the GERMANS.

Herione distilled from morphine by the...drumroll....GERMANS.

Electricity: the word invented by an ENGLISH doctor/physician. the battery by an ITALIAN (Mr. Volta) Benjamin Franklin did do lots of experiments with lightning and stuff, but one can hardly say it was down to him we have electricity in our homes! What about Andre Ampere who was FRENCH, and Michael Faraday who was ENGLISH, and Georg Ohm a GERMAN - without those guys it never happened.

The assembly line was in use in CHINA in 200BC!! IT was also a known concept in the 1500's in VENICE... Henry Ford is credited with the first one after electricity was widespread but it was not even remotely his original idea...

And our species originated in AFRICA. We had fire long before we walked out of AFRICA....

and the wheel was invented in MESOPOTAMIA in 5BC - that's IRAQ and parts of TURKEY incase you didn't know...

so the USA has invented what exactly? Spray on margarine and pizza?  
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 1:22 pm
village midget
what THE ******** are you people on?!

Morphine distilled from Opium (discovered for use as a recreational drug by the CHINESE) by the GERMANS.

Herione distilled from morphine by the...drumroll....GERMANS.

Electricity: the word invented by an ENGLISH doctor/physician. the battery by an ITALIAN (Mr. Volta) Benjamin Franklin did do lots of experiments with lightning and stuff, but one can hardly say it was down to him we have electricity in our homes! What about Andre Ampere who was FRENCH, and Michael Faraday who was ENGLISH, and Georg Ohm a GERMAN - without those guys it never happened.

The assembly line was in use in CHINA in 200BC!! IT was also a known concept in the 1500's in VENICE... Henry Ford is credited with the first one after electricity was widespread but it was not even remotely his original idea...

Harrison Ford most certainly did invent the production line! The Chinese just used a time machine, and stole the idea from him!

Quote:
And our species originated in AFRICA. We had fire long before we walked out of AFRICA....

Nope. My people came from the Celtic land!

Quote:
and the wheel was invented in MESOPOTAMIA in 5BC - that's IRAQ and parts of TURKEY incase you didn't know...

Iraqis doing something other than killing innocent people? Bullshit! The wheel is too useful to have been invented anywhere but either USA or Japan.

Quote:
We invented Rock music! *Salutes Chuck Berry*

And we invented the lightbulb! *Salutes Thomas Edison*

And the milling machine! And the Cotton Gin! *continues saluting Thomas Edison*

And peanut butter! So the next time you bite into a Reeses', you can salute George Carver Washington! Not only the first president, but master of the peanut!  

black_wing_angel
Vice Captain

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100

Fresnel

Citizen

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 2:35 pm
village midget
Julius Caesar died before the wheel was invented?

Quote:
Umm... everyone there worked with DC. Not AC.

Quote:
No, he stole it from Armor Meatpacking of Chicago. Their cows went through a DIS-assembly line.

Quote:
I'm pretty sure pizza was Canadian. We invented the submarine, nuclear power, the integrated circuit, the air conditioner, the radio, the sextant, bifocal lenses, the cracker, the steam locomotive, the amphibious vehicle, refrigeration, the circular saw, the wrench, vulcanized rubber, the repeating rifle, the modern lock, the motorcycle, the monkey wrench, jeans, the cash register, the electric fan, the skyscraper, the phone book, the fax machine... the list goes on and on.  
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 7:17 pm
Fresnel
village midget

Quote:
Umm... everyone there worked with DC. Not AC.

Quote:
No, he stole it from Armor Meatpacking of Chicago. Their cows went through a DIS-assembly line.

Quote:
I'm pretty sure pizza was Canadian. We invented the submarine, nuclear power, the integrated circuit, the air conditioner, the radio, the sextant, bifocal lenses, the cracker, the steam locomotive, the amphibious vehicle, refrigeration, the circular saw, the wrench, vulcanized rubber, the repeating rifle, the modern lock, the motorcycle, the monkey wrench, jeans, the cash register, the electric fan, the skyscraper, the phone book, the fax machine... the list goes on and on.

*salutes and hums "I'm proud to be an american"*  

black_wing_angel
Vice Captain

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100

magmayoshi

Dapper Mage

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 11:28 pm
black_wing_angel

Actually Edison bought the patent of the light bulb from a Canadian inventor and merely improved upon the design to make it commercially buyable (by giving it a longer life which is why it didn't sell well prior).

A lot of people invented similar devices before him he was simply the first to make it efficient enough to be affordable.  
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 5:34 pm
magmayoshi
black_wing_angel

Actually Edison bought the patent of the light bulb from a Canadian inventor and merely improved upon the design to make it commercially buyable (by giving it a longer life which is why it didn't sell well prior).

A lot of people invented similar devices before him he was simply the first to make it efficient enough to be affordable.

The point being, that without him, it would not have succeeded. That's all that matters. Without Edison, your house would not have light bulbs.  

black_wing_angel
Vice Captain

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100

magmayoshi

Dapper Mage

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 9:45 pm
black_wing_angel
magmayoshi
black_wing_angel

The point being, that without him, it would not have succeeded. That's all that matters. Without Edison, your house would not have light bulbs.

He basically mashed a few ideas together. An English man patented almost the same idea prior to Edison's design and to solve it he sued Edison and won to create a merge of the 2 companies in England. Without Edison there wouldn't have been monopolies at times.  
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 12:48 pm
magmayoshi
black_wing_angel
magmayoshi
black_wing_angel

He basically mashed a few ideas together. An English man patented almost the same idea prior to Edison's design and to solve it he sued Edison and won to create a merge of the 2 companies in England. Without Edison there wouldn't have been monopolies at times.

The point is, America rocks!  

black_wing_angel
Vice Captain

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100

village midget

Fanatical Smoker

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 4:35 am
Fresnel
village midget

gah typing stupidity. 3500bc. (earliest wheel ever found) either way not American.

pizza came from new york. it had forerunners in renaissance italy...but that was flat bread and white sauce and later oil and bread....not recognisably pizza - europe didn't have any tomatoes until somebody brought them back from explorng the Americas...

@Angel, i am also a celt but the celts came from the same line as every other human on the planet and the line started in africa.

America rocks eh? more like America is extremely derivative and talented at stealing everybody elses ideas and calling them their own...delusions of grandeur on a national scale - America plagiarises.  
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 5:24 am
village midget
@Angel, i am also a celt but the celts came from the same line as every other human on the planet and the line started in africa.

Prove that.

Quote:
America rocks eh? more like America is extremely derivative and talented at stealing everybody elses ideas and calling them their own...delusions of grandeur on a national scale - America plagiarises.

America "perfects" ideas.  

black_wing_angel
Vice Captain

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100

Fresnel

Citizen

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 6:19 am
village midget
Fresnel
village midget

gah typing stupidity. 3500bc. (earliest wheel ever found) either way not American.

pizza came from new york. it had forerunners in renaissance italy...but that was flat bread and white sauce and later oil and bread....not recognisably pizza - europe didn't have any tomatoes until somebody brought them back from explorng the Americas...

Yeah, and what the ******** has Britain invented? Tea time and the tyrannical empire?  
Blabber

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff