Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Discourse

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who wish to occasionally find refuge from the GD and ED forums 

Tags: conversation, debate 

Reply Gaian Discourse
Marijuana Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Legalize it?
  Yes
  No
View Results

Fresnel

Citizen

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 7:58 am
black_wing_angel
Ok, I think we can declare this debate officially over.
He probably failed and had to re-take the exam. xd

Or, more likely than that, he's finished his finals and is moving out of the dorm/apartment.  
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 10:07 am
Fresnel
black_wing_angel

Or, more likely than that, he's finished his finals and is moving out of the dorm/apartment.

Whatever the hell his reason is, he hasn't replied in several days. So, until we hear from him further, I'm declaring this debate over. And since he was the only one really arguing AGAINST legalization, I shall now declare:

LEGALIZATION WINS

FATALITY  

black_wing_angel
Vice Captain

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100

Hydra Alpharius
Crew

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 4:21 pm
black_wing_angel
Fresnel
black_wing_angel

Whatever the hell his reason is, he hasn't replied in several days. So, until we hear from him further, I'm declaring this debate over. And since he was the only one really arguing AGAINST legalization, I shall now declare:

LEGALIZATION WINS

FATALITY

Oh my good sir but you speak to soon.

And I passed my exams just for you all to know.  
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 5:03 pm
Quote:
Then they should punish those people, accordingly, shouldn't they?

And they will. In full kevlar plated, 5.56 round force.

Quote:
I'm going to say this one more time. Let it sink into that skull of yours. BECAUSE THEY ******** WANT TO! They don't have to have a legitimate reason to. And if they can afford to, then why the ******** not?

Why bother playing video games? They're just a "waste of your time and money", and SOME people can't afford them!

OH NOEZ! LETZ BAN DA VIDEO GAEMZ!

Dont you think the drug would be better suited for medical purposes only?

Actually some video games can teach you alot of things so they do have some good things to them.

Quote:
No, they don't. It just HELPS them get over it. It's like when you have a bad headache, and you take an aspirin. Even if you didn't take that aspirin, you would survive. The aspirin just makes it easier to bare.

Oh sure they can live on without it, thats a given. Some people dont know how to cope with such depression though and then they turn to the final option: Suicide.

But I guess since its not their life than you dont care right?

Ha ha what a troll.
Quote:
And that has NOTHING to do with me, or the millions of people who still have jobs, does it? Let the people who have no job, deal with their problems, themselves. If I can afford it, then I don't care who can't, do I?

Otherwise, we could use that logic to ban people living in mansions, because "A WHOLE ******** LOT OF PEOPLE" can't afford to live in them. So why should the people who CAN afford to, be allowed to? Right?

Once again the same attitude. Just because it has nothing to do with you, does not mean it will not effect you in the long run.

But your right and only right in that sense, if they can afford it than sure buy the hell out of it.
Quote:
Could be, either way, depending on how far I go for the job I currently have.

If I quit my job at the factory I work at (about a mile and a half away) to work at the bar down the street (I literally walk past it, often), I'm getting closer to home, aren't I?

Sure, but once again not everybody has that option so once again an example of something only working sometimes.
Quote:

Unless you signed a lease that says "YEW KANT MUV OWT FOAR ____ YEERZ!" then you're not obligated to stay in said house. You can always move closer to your new job.

Oh man you are really thick.

Hey guess what?

Sometimes there isn't a house that you can move closer too!

Isn't that hard to believe?

Oh man I nearly shat myself.
rofl
Quote:
And if their CURRENT location sucks, they can find a new location.

Welcome to America. Where you can come and go as you please!

Sure they can!

Do they have the money though?
The time?
The effort?

Who knows it depends on the person/family.
Quote:
Very true. But, seeing as how I can live without my car, but no one's going to force me to try, then why should I be forced to live without marijuana, which is a luxury I don't need?

It's not about what you "need", but what you "want". Luxury, if you can afford it, ******** YEAH!

Okay then. Once again your right in that sense and only in that sense.
Still in my personal opinion, weed= something not needed.

Quote:
Just ******** fine, actually. I am a hard worker, even with only 4 hours of sleep.

Sure, it may take about 15 minutes to get me up and going, but after that, I'm good.

I also happen to have ADHD. I can only wonder if that plays into it or not. But the fact is that "recommended" sleep records, are not accurate for everyone. We're all unique. Just because it says that I should have at least 8, doesn't mean I MYSELF can't go on 4. "Individual results may vary"

Oh, and the recommended "diet" plans tend to recommend peanuts, due to their high protein. But there are people who are so deadly allergic to peanuts, that ONE TINY SPECK of peanut dust, can prove lethal, to them.

Because anybody can say how good they are over the internet.
Not saying your not but prove of item is requited.

Then dont take the peanuts.

Quote:
It defeats the purpose of not smelling like a sweaty jock-strap?

Yes it may, to an extent, but if your walking along distance and the suns punching you in the face, your going to sweat your balls off no matter what kind of soap your using.
Quote:
True, but some people never sweat. My mom is one of those people. They don't have anything to worry about, do they?

If you ever see my mom sweating, she'd have to be on the verge of death.

Oh but not everybody is like your dear sweet mother O:
Quote:
BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW!!!! icon_crying.gif

When life gives you lemons....

You sell the lemons and make profit.

Quote:
And location can be changed. Rather easily, actually.

Maybe for you but its not always the case with others.
Quote:
I did not. You don't actually NEED the cab, it's just a nice luxury for those who can't afford their own vehicle. It's a step above being s**t out of luck. But even without cabs, you'd survive, wouldn't you?

Yeah you did
"ZOMG YOU CAN LIVES WITHOUTS CARS!!! JUST CALL A CAB!!!"

Its still a car and it still makes gas emissions.

Yes I would but some wouldnt because their job depends on the car like our friend the cab driver.
Quote:
If an ambulance can't get to you, and you don't have the luxury of a car, then, yeah, you kinda do.

Hell, very few people ever HAVE to die the day they do. It's all a result of the choices you make.

The guy that drowned in the lake? Well, he CHOSE to go to the lake that day. He didn't have to die, because he didn't have to go swimming.

So the whole "BUTZ YEW DUN HAS 2 DIE AT DAT TIEM, THOUGH!" is a moot point. You are GOING to die, when you're GOING to die, and nothing can really change that.

Welcome to reality.

Apparently your the one needs to be welcomed to reality.

One: Things happen without warning. That guy in the lake? Maybe he got knocked on the head or maybe a gator got him or maybe he cramped up and drowned? But that doesnt mean he has too. In fact bystanders could choose to save him or not but it all depends on the situation and moral standards.

Sure you are going to die but if its preventable than why should they? If a guy has a heart attack, they can use a defibrillator to help him steady his heart out so he doesn't... DIE.

Welcome to your reality.

Quote:

And not every stoner does that, do they?

STEREOTYPES FOR THE WIN!

Sure, but most do.

So yes indeed STEREOTYPES FOR THE WIN.
Quote:
And those people are ******** ignorant, aren't they?

Just because THEY find better things to do with THEIR time, doesn't mean EVERYONE can. So they'd have to be suffering from ignorance to believe that notion.

Ignorant in your opinion.

Because once again there is always something to do that can occupy your time.
Quote:

Right. So if I don't want to go do this, or go do that, then, as far as I'm concerned, there's "nothing to do".

Hell, I could always go pick up a hooker, but the fact that I don't WANT to, means I'm not going to consider it withing my "something to do" list. Am I?

Then thats a personal choice isnt it? It doesn't mean theres nothing to do.  

Hydra Alpharius
Crew

Hydra Alpharius
Crew

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 5:10 pm
Quote:
You and everyone else as in you and two other people.

Whats annoying is when you get attacked for having an opinion about something. Now thats very very annoying.
If you want to bring some neutral arbiters in here, I'm pretty sure the condescending tone will be as obvious to them as it is to the rest of us in here.

It's not your opinion at all, it's how you present it. It's the difference between "Hello sir, and how are you this fine evening?" and "Hey a*****e, what the ******** is your problem?" Same message, different delivery, FAR different elicited reaction.

Or perhaps not since there its just you and your friends vs. me.

My very very first statement was not angry at all. Nothing bad.  
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 5:17 pm
Quote:
But even they need at least SOME practice, to be worth a damn. There's no such thing as an instant expert.

Yes maybe some practice but not much. It all depends on the person.
Quote:
A PENCIL could "potentially" be used in a crime. Do we ban those?

Of course not because its not as potentially harmful as a grenade launcher.
Quote:
Well, unless you're their father, it's not your problem, is it?

That seems to be your biggest issue here. You like to stick your nose in other peoples' business, like what they do with their lives is of any concern to you.

Learn to mind your own business. I promise, life will be SOOOOO much happier.

Once again selfishness is raping your opinion.

Oh wow your so full of yourself. Here you are telling me to mind my own business when your responded to comments not written to you. Take your own advice and stop acting like your the overall voice in this debate.

Quote:
That's more people than you have, saying that you're NOT being a d**k. So, as of right now, the scales are tipped in our favor, on that vote.

Im being a d**k because I dont agree with you? Yeah thats it.

Once again tipped in your favor because YOU say so.  

Hydra Alpharius
Crew

Hydra Alpharius
Crew

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 5:43 pm
Quote:

Some people who get medical marijuana NOW are allowed to grow their own with a permit. Growing has nothing to do with selling narcotics without a license (which is the main reason those people are arrested) but we aren't dealing with selling your own supply. Your kid can get arrested for ******** selling lemonade without a license in front of your house based on similar ruling.

So basically they still need the PERMIT to GROW IT right?
Quote:

It isn't ******** addicting. On top of that I've never known a pot smoker who has "needed" a fix. But the odd ones smoke a lot at a time which would cause addiction if it was addicting BUT IT'S NOT. It's something simply that they do.

So why do they smoke it alot? That wouldn't make sense if it wans't addicting...
Quote:

No a permit to grow not a permit to sell. You'd need to be licensed to sell like any other place that sells smokes and booze.

So they would still need to BUY a license though right?
Quote:
Your response is the most retarded thing ever written.

Water + antiperspirant + deodorant = A-OK

So? Look harder closer or move if it's an issue.

It works with the rest seeing as if it's long enough it will take hours to travel then you need to have fewer hours to get back and forth on time.

It's called gravity, ******** learn it. "up a mountain" notice how he starts UP HIGHER. Meaning he doesn't have to do s**t but grind the brakes the whole way to get anywhere making the rest irrelevant.
He either smells neutral or of the pot he's been smoking because he has the common sense I mentioned above that you lack. I read Wing's response and my friend operates on less sleep as well he just has to leave an hour ahead of most to get anywhere. It takes him hours to get back so he just simply doesn't leave the city till he needs to.

Har Har master of comedy strikes again!

So your good buddy friend should move closer then? Because he can afford it? Or maybe not everyone can afford to move close O:

Water+deodorant+ antiperspirant= A/OK in ******** fantasy land. YOU WILL STILL SWEAT NO MATTER HOW MUCH YOU TRY NOT TOO, ITS A PROVEN FACT.

Why?

Because your body needs a way to cool itself down on hot days, and guess what? Early morning days, especially in the summer, are hot as hell and you will sweat your a** off.

Your logic is flawed.

You said he "goes up a mountain". Not "he goes DOWN a mountain".

And how does he leave the city?
Quote:
Budget time and be realistic. Again who gives a s**t if you want to get to the hospital easier?

Budget time and be realistic. Again who gives a s**t if you want to get to the hospital easier?
Quote:

Budget time and be realistic? Words so easily said.

Maybe someone with chronic heart disease? An elderly person?
Quote:
WHAT PART OF "TOUGH s**t" DON'T YOU GET? MAYBE YOU UNDERSTAND ALL CAPS BETTER?

Ha ha and you guys tell me that Im being the douche.

Typing like this : WHATAJ;DKLFJA SL;GJASJ GASL;KJLKJ

Makes you look like an angry 14 year old kid.

Once again "TOUGH s**t" are words easily said.
Quote:

The Earth will, specifically all the s**t the human will consume.

That's called bullshit your off topic-ness anyways. You don't care about the dead person or their family, you care about your family and are projecting their image onto the others.
People truly don't give a s**t about strangers, welcome to life, welcome to your human brain.

Off topic because you and everyone else in this little mess led it that way.

No.

Not true.

And no.

You dont know who I am and how I think so your assumptions are wrong.

Yes and guess whats in your human brain? COMPASSION and UNDERSTANDING. O:

ZOMG

Sure not everyone shows it, but its still in there.
Quote:
"TOUGH s**t"

Words easily said.

Quote:

I read it but saw no reason to waste time responding to what he will anyways. I only responded to this since there was so little to tear apart (also because it was addressing me)

But he didnt though O:

Little to tear apart? Thats why I asked if you wanted MOAR.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 5:45 pm
Fresnel
black_wing_angel

Immature comment for the fail.

Immature sentence for the fail.

You failed.  

Hydra Alpharius
Crew

black_wing_angel
Vice Captain

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 7:26 pm
Hydra Alpharius
Quote:
Then they should punish those people, accordingly, shouldn't they?

And they will. In full kevlar plated, 5.56 round force.

Quote:
I'm going to say this one more time. Let it sink into that skull of yours. BECAUSE THEY ******** WANT TO! They don't have to have a legitimate reason to. And if they can afford to, then why the ******** not?

Why bother playing video games? They're just a "waste of your time and money", and SOME people can't afford them!

OH NOEZ! LETZ BAN DA VIDEO GAEMZ!

Dont you think the drug would be better suited for medical purposes only?

No, I don't. Or do you insist that Caffeine be reserved for those with medical conditions? Caffeine is a drug, too. And it's not only widely available, millions of Americans are ADDICTED to it, many to the point of DEPENDENCY. And no one has a problem with that.

Quote:
Actually some video games can teach you alot of things so they do have some good things to them.

And pot can treat glaucoma and loss of appetite.

Not to mention it can open your creative mind, which would help CREATE the video games!

Quote:
Quote:
No, they don't. It just HELPS them get over it. It's like when you have a bad headache, and you take an aspirin. Even if you didn't take that aspirin, you would survive. The aspirin just makes it easier to bare.

Oh sure they can live on without it, thats a given. Some people dont know how to cope with such depression though and then they turn to the final option: Suicide.

Or they could smoke a joint, and feel like they can take on the world, again.

Quote:
But I guess since its not their life than you dont care right?

No, I really don't.

Quote:
Ha ha what a troll.

Apathy does not a troll make.

Quote:
Quote:
And that has NOTHING to do with me, or the millions of people who still have jobs, does it? Let the people who have no job, deal with their problems, themselves. If I can afford it, then I don't care who can't, do I?

Otherwise, we could use that logic to ban people living in mansions, because "A WHOLE ******** LOT OF PEOPLE" can't afford to live in them. So why should the people who CAN afford to, be allowed to? Right?

Once again the same attitude. Just because it has nothing to do with you, does not mean it will not effect you in the long run.

When it does, IF it does, then I'll deal with it, then.

Quote:
But your right and only right in that sense, if they can afford it than sure buy the hell out of it.

Then why are you still arguing against legalization?

Quote:
Quote:
Could be, either way, depending on how far I go for the job I currently have.

If I quit my job at the factory I work at (about a mile and a half away) to work at the bar down the street (I literally walk past it, often), I'm getting closer to home, aren't I?

Sure, but once again not everybody has that option so once again an example of something only working sometimes.

And it's YOUR responsibility to GIVE yourself such options.

I'm not responsible for holding your hand, and helping you better your life. It's YOUR responsibility.

Quote:
Quote:

Unless you signed a lease that says "YEW KANT MUV OWT FOAR ____ YEERZ!" then you're not obligated to stay in said house. You can always move closer to your new job.

Oh man you are really thick.

Hey guess what?

Sometimes there isn't a house that you can move closer too!

Rarely, from what I've seen. I've found very few factories that were more than a mile away from residential zones.

Quote:
Quote:
And if their CURRENT location sucks, they can find a new location.

Welcome to America. Where you can come and go as you please!

Sure they can!

Do they have the money though?

Their responsibility to make sure they do.

Quote:
The time?

IF they don't, they REAAAAAALLY need to reevaluate their time consumption.

Quote:
The effort?

Hey, if you don't have the effort, that's your problem.

Quote:
Who knows it depends on the person/family.

True, but if it were DIRE enough, then there's no reason to believe they couldn't pull it off.

Quote:
Quote:
Very true. But, seeing as how I can live without my car, but no one's going to force me to try, then why should I be forced to live without marijuana, which is a luxury I don't need?

It's not about what you "need", but what you "want". Luxury, if you can afford it, ******** YEAH!

Okay then. Once again your right in that sense and only in that sense.
Still in my personal opinion, weed= something not needed.

And, in MY personal opinion, cars = something not needed.

But I'm not trying to stop you from driving, am I?

IF you don't like weed, then don't smoke it. That leaves more for those that DO.

Quote:
Quote:
Just ******** fine, actually. I am a hard worker, even with only 4 hours of sleep.

Sure, it may take about 15 minutes to get me up and going, but after that, I'm good.

I also happen to have ADHD. I can only wonder if that plays into it or not. But the fact is that "recommended" sleep records, are not accurate for everyone. We're all unique. Just because it says that I should have at least 8, doesn't mean I MYSELF can't go on 4. "Individual results may vary"

Oh, and the recommended "diet" plans tend to recommend peanuts, due to their high protein. But there are people who are so deadly allergic to peanuts, that ONE TINY SPECK of peanut dust, can prove lethal, to them.

Because anybody can say how good they are over the internet.

Well, I haven't been fired, or even written up ONCE, in over 2 years. I'd say that's pretty ******** good.

Quote:
Then dont take the peanuts.

Exactly. The "recommended" ANYTHING is not to be taken at face value. People vary, so what is "recommended" for YOU, may vary.

Quote:
Quote:
It defeats the purpose of not smelling like a sweaty jock-strap?

Yes it may, to an extent, but if your walking along distance and the suns punching you in the face, your going to sweat your balls off no matter what kind of soap your using.

Not necessarily. As I said before, some people don't sweat. And anyway, an umbrella can help you avoid such exposure to the sun.

People survived without cars BEFORE they were in the picture, they can DAMN sure do it now. It just takes some getting used to.

Quote:
Quote:
True, but some people never sweat. My mom is one of those people. They don't have anything to worry about, do they?

If you ever see my mom sweating, she'd have to be on the verge of death.

Oh but not everybody is like your dear sweet mother O:

Welcome to the main point of the conversation. Not everyone is alike, so there's no point in worrying about EVERYONE, since you can't possibly please them all.

Quote:
Quote:
And location can be changed. Rather easily, actually.

Maybe for you but its not always the case with others.

Their problem. I'm not obligated to worry about them. I'm in it to better MYSELF.

Quote:
Quote:
I did not. You don't actually NEED the cab, it's just a nice luxury for those who can't afford their own vehicle. It's a step above being s**t out of luck. But even without cabs, you'd survive, wouldn't you?

Yeah you did
"ZOMG YOU CAN LIVES WITHOUTS CARS!!! JUST CALL A CAB!!!"

Its still a car and it still makes gas emissions.

But, LESS gas emissions, because even if you had your own car, that cab is still out there. By utilizing the cab, you're reducing the emissions by what can become a significant amount.

Quote:
Yes I would but some wouldnt because their job depends on the car like our friend the cab driver.

And why worry about those people?

Quote:
Quote:
If an ambulance can't get to you, and you don't have the luxury of a car, then, yeah, you kinda do.

Hell, very few people ever HAVE to die the day they do. It's all a result of the choices you make.

The guy that drowned in the lake? Well, he CHOSE to go to the lake that day. He didn't have to die, because he didn't have to go swimming.

So the whole "BUTZ YEW DUN HAS 2 DIE AT DAT TIEM, THOUGH!" is a moot point. You are GOING to die, when you're GOING to die, and nothing can really change that.

Welcome to reality.

Apparently your the one needs to be welcomed to reality.

One: Things happen without warning. That guy in the lake? Maybe he got knocked on the head or maybe a gator got him or maybe he cramped up and drowned? But that doesnt mean he has too. In fact bystanders could choose to save him or not but it all depends on the situation and moral standards.

Welcome to my point. It's all about the choices we make. When he decided to go swimming, he should have known the risks were there. And "bystanders" aren't always present. Especially in the lake I had in mind, where it's off in the woods, in a town with an exact population of 100.

Quote:
Sure you are going to die but if its preventable than why should they?

Because the grim reaper doesn't work around YOUR scedule.

Quote:
If a guy has a heart attack, they can use a defibrillator to help him steady his heart out so he doesn't... DIE.

And even that's not a guarantee. But, if he made some choices about his living space, and his diet, and all of that, then, yes, it could've been avoided.

But, if it can't be, well, we all have to go someday...

Quote:
Quote:

And not every stoner does that, do they?

STEREOTYPES FOR THE WIN!

Sure, but most do.

Prove that it's the majority, without referencing a stereotype.

Quote:
Quote:
And those people are ******** ignorant, aren't they?

Just because THEY find better things to do with THEIR time, doesn't mean EVERYONE can. So they'd have to be suffering from ignorance to believe that notion.

Ignorant in your opinion.

Because once again there is always something to do that can occupy your time.

And one of them involves a lighter and a joint.

Quote:
Quote:

Right. So if I don't want to go do this, or go do that, then, as far as I'm concerned, there's "nothing to do".

Hell, I could always go pick up a hooker, but the fact that I don't WANT to, means I'm not going to consider it withing my "something to do" list. Am I?

Then thats a personal choice isnt it? It doesn't mean theres nothing to do.

It means there's "nothing to do" FOR ME.

Just like how smoking pot is something to do, FOR SOME.

Anyway, you've pretty much conceded to the legalization of marijuana, so, mission accomplished.  
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 7:36 pm
Hydra Alpharius
Quote:
But even they need at least SOME practice, to be worth a damn. There's no such thing as an instant expert.

Yes maybe some practice but not much. It all depends on the person.
Quote:
A PENCIL could "potentially" be used in a crime. Do we ban those?

Of course not because its not as potentially harmful as a grenade launcher.

But it's right on par with an assault knife.

Quote:
Quote:
Well, unless you're their father, it's not your problem, is it?

That seems to be your biggest issue here. You like to stick your nose in other peoples' business, like what they do with their lives is of any concern to you.

Learn to mind your own business. I promise, life will be SOOOOO much happier.

Once again selfishness is raping your opinion.

No. It's a legitimate concept. When you mind your own business, you don't piss anyone around you off. Keep to yourself, and things will be fine.

Though, emergency situations, I make the exception for.

Quote:
Oh wow your so full of yourself. Here you are telling me to mind my own business when your responded to comments not written to you.

Take your own advice and stop acting like your the overall voice in this debate.

When you post it PUBLICLY, anyone and everyone have a right to respond to it. I chose to exercise such right, as I'm very well known for making my opinion heard.

Plus, Fres and I go way back, so, as long as he and I agree on something, I've got his back, and he's got mine.

Quote:
Quote:
That's more people than you have, saying that you're NOT being a d**k. So, as of right now, the scales are tipped in our favor, on that vote.

Im being a d**k because I dont agree with you? Yeah thats it.

No, it's not about your opinion, it's about your PRESENTATION of said opinion.

There's a difference between: "While I respect your right to an opinion, I disagree, and here's why" and "You ******** idiot! You got it all wrong! This is why."

The opinion you possess does not make you a d**k, the way you present it with a high and mighty attitude, is why we view you as a d**k.

Quote:
Once again tipped in your favor because YOU say so.

Hey, the votes are still in our favor.  

black_wing_angel
Vice Captain

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100

black_wing_angel
Vice Captain

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 7:42 pm
Hydra Alpharius

Quote:

And what's wrong with that?

Quote:
It isn't ******** addicting. On top of that I've never known a pot smoker who has "needed" a fix. But the odd ones smoke a lot at a time which would cause addiction if it was addicting BUT IT'S NOT. It's something simply that they do.

So why do they smoke it alot? That wouldn't make sense if it wans't addicting...

Why do people play video games a lot? They're not chemically addicting, but if you love them, you're probably going to play the ******** out of them, aren't you?

Well, if you love pot, you don't have to be addicted, to want more.

It's all about the "interest" factor. If I tried pot and said "uh, no...not for me", I NEVER have to worry about getting a craving for it, because I can't be addicted. The only "addiction" to it I COULD have, is a psychological one. The same addiction that compulsive eaters harbor, toward food.

Quote:
"TOUGH s**t" are words easily said.

Yes they are. And they solve most problems, quite well.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 1:03 am
Hydra Alpharius
Quote:

Some people who get medical marijuana NOW are allowed to grow their own with a permit. Growing has nothing to do with selling narcotics without a license (which is the main reason those people are arrested) but we aren't dealing with selling your own supply. Your kid can get arrested for ******** selling lemonade without a license in front of your house based on similar ruling.

Currently and if it is legalized we don't know whether that would change.

Hydra Alpharius
Quote:

Maybe because a lot who do use it do for spiritual reasons or stress relief? Making it a normal part of the day. Do you wash regularly because it's addicting?

Hydra Alpharius
Quote:

No a permit to grow not a permit to sell. You'd need to be licensed to sell like any other place that sells smokes and booze.

So they would still need to BUY a license though right?

You can't just BUY a license to distribute such things I thought that was common knowledge... Again we aren't dealing with selling at all.
Again you can be arrested for selling lemonade on the corner 3nodding

Hydra Alpharius

So your good buddy friend should move closer then? Because he can afford it? Or maybe not everyone can afford to move close O:

Actually he is planning to move because he can't afford living that far away.

Hydra Alpharius
Water+deodorant+ antiperspirant= A/OK in ******** fantasy land. YOU WILL STILL SWEAT NO MATTER HOW MUCH YOU TRY NOT TOO, ITS A PROVEN FACT.

Why?

Because your body needs a way to cool itself down on hot days, and guess what? Early morning days, especially in the summer, are hot as hell and you will sweat your a** off.

Drinking water cools you down, riding a bike cools you down and for the odd little bit that escapes, people aren't hygiene nazis like you seem to be. I've also never seen him sweat. I also rarely sweat but that's mostly due to dehydration and I never seemed to sweat much.

Hydra Alpharius
Your logic is flawed.

In your: "******** fantasy land".

Hydra Alpharius
You said he "goes up a mountain". Not "he goes DOWN a mountain".

Nope, I said:

Quote:
I drive to school and get there on time each day.
My friend bikes to school and arrives on time each day.

The difference?

Me - 5 kilometers away, flat
Friend - Really ******** far and up a mountain.

It was in reference to my current position but my wording was rather vague but that's why I clarified:

Quote:
It's called gravity, ******** learn it. "up a mountain" notice how he starts UP HIGHER. Meaning he doesn't have to do s**t but grind the brakes the whole way to get anywhere making the rest irrelevant.

You misunderstood one and became an illiterate for the second one, congrats.

Hydra Alpharius
And how does he leave the city?

By bike, again learn to read.

Hydra Alpharius
Quote:

Budget time and be realistic? Words so easily said.

Maybe someone with chronic heart disease? An elderly person?

Words just as easily done if you try.

How is special pleading going to appease me when it's bullshit I have regarded as bullshit so far?

Hydra Alpharius
Quote:
WHAT PART OF "TOUGH s**t" DON'T YOU GET? MAYBE YOU UNDERSTAND ALL CAPS BETTER?

Ha ha and you guys tell me that Im being the douche.

Typing like this : WHATAJ;DKLFJA SL;GJASJ GASL;KJLKJ

Makes you look like an angry 14 year old kid.

Once again "TOUGH s**t" are words easily said.

Have I said it yet? I don't believe I have.

If you knew English, you'd know there is a vast difference.

In your: "******** fantasy land". Wow I'm just going to keep using your quote against you till it doesn't work.

Easily said and if you believe it isn't appropriate "TOUGH s**t", it works perfectly fine in this situation. Your special pleading is growing tiresome.

Hydra Alpharius
Quote:

The Earth will, specifically all the s**t the human will consume.

That's called bullshit your off topic-ness anyways. You don't care about the dead person or their family, you care about your family and are projecting their image onto the others.
People truly don't give a s**t about strangers, welcome to life, welcome to your human brain.

Off topic because you and everyone else in this little mess led it that way.

No.

Not true.

And no.

You dont know who I am and how I think so your assumptions are wrong.

Yes and guess whats in your human brain? COMPASSION and UNDERSTANDING. O:

ZOMG

Sure not everyone shows it, but its still in there.

Actually you keep leading it off really.

It's all true so quit your whining and denial.

Compassion is simply your mind acting after weighing the benefits and disadvantages of said "compassionate" action like all actions. You are compassionate because your mind sees the automatic (it feels good) and the potential benefits (any number of things). You can also be the opposite if you are only interested in the immediate advantages alone or midway to possibly gain it all.

Understanding? See below:
Hydra Alpharius
Quote:
"TOUGH s**t"

Words easily said.

"TOUGH s**t", is English your second language or do you have a different reason for NOT understanding two (easily said) words?

Hydra Alpharius
Quote:

I read it but saw no reason to waste time responding to what he will anyways. I only responded to this since there was so little to tear apart (also because it was addressing me)

But he didnt though O:

Little to tear apart? Thats why I asked if you wanted MOAR.

He did and "MOAR" and not just in your "******** fantasy land".

The only things you have given I want less of.  

magmayoshi

Dapper Mage

black_wing_angel
Vice Captain

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 8:41 am
Let's just settle one thing, right here, right now. Hydra, enough with the "special case" crap. We're not talking about people with "special cases", like chronic heart disease, or any such thing. We are talking ONLY about people on average. Yes, there will be exceptions. But the government tends to help those people, too. You only have one arm? You can get disability pay, because you're a "special case", unlike the average 2 armed man, who has no excuse not to be working.

And let's get this back on topic, about marijuana legalization. Not about the necessity of cars, or anything else like that. Just about the reasons to, or not to, legalize marijuana. If anyone has anything else to argue for or against it, then present it.

So far, while including Hydra's concession point that "If they can afford it, then sure, buy the hell out of it", there's no opposition left, as Hydra was the only person arguing AGAINST legalization.

We have reached consensus, I do believe. However, I will not be locking this thread, just in case someone comes up with something else to throw in (on topic). I expect we'll get some more new members, eventually, and I'd like to leave this open for them to participate in.

So guys, let's drop the off topic stuff, ok?  
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 10:35 pm
Hydra Alpharius
Fresnel
black_wing_angel

Immature comment for the fail.

Immature sentence for the fail.

You failed.
Lrn2senseofhumor

Oh, and it's technically 'for the lose', not 'for the fail'. Just because I'm a grammar nazi like that.  

Fresnel

Citizen

Fresnel

Citizen

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 10:38 pm
Hydra Alpharius
Quote:
Quote:
You and everyone else as in you and two other people.

Whats annoying is when you get attacked for having an opinion about something. Now thats very very annoying.
If you want to bring some neutral arbiters in here, I'm pretty sure the condescending tone will be as obvious to them as it is to the rest of us in here.

It's not your opinion at all, it's how you present it. It's the difference between "Hello sir, and how are you this fine evening?" and "Hey a*****e, what the ******** is your problem?" Same message, different delivery, FAR different elicited reaction.

Or perhaps not since there its just you and your friends vs. me.

My very very first statement was not angry at all. Nothing bad.
And you can feel free to prove us wrong with a neutral third party if you wish.

I never said 'angry'. I said 'condescending.' The 'hey a*****e...' was simply a demonstration of how word choice affects the message conveyed.  
Gaian Discourse

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff