Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Dubbed Anime Discussion - Watching Naruto on Toonami? Come discuss here!
Tired of the Catch Phrase? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tired of it yet? Hmm? Are ya? *Nudge*
  Yes. Its quite the annoyance.
  No. It doesnt bother me at all.
View Results

Mirrored Reflection

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:45 pm
Otaku is right, "Believe it!" is just used to fill the mouth flaps of "-ttebayo". But the misdubs are, how shall I put this, lame compared to the Japanese originals. Just take a look:

Examples:

Sasuke:
Japanese: "Usuratonkachi" (meaning freaking idiot, blockhead, and clumsy idiot).
They dub it into: "Loser".

Sakura:
Japanese: "Shannarou!" (meaning hell yeah, hell no, and dammit, depending on the situation).
They dub it into: "Cha!".

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:04 pm
LOL yeah but it gets better ^^  

churrlo

timbo95

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:46 pm
HEYA HI I KINDA NE WTOO THIS GUILD AND I WOULD LIKE TO SAY HI AND THANKS FOR ADDING ME AND I WOLD REALLY LIKE IT IF U CAN DONATE SOME MONEY THX ALOT mrgreen
OYA NARUTO'S CATCHFRASE ISN'T THAT ANNOYING WELL MABE BECAUSE I WATCH IT WITH SUBTITLES YA THOUGH PLEASE TRY TO DONATE AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE THANK YOU I ONLY HAVE 3,409 AND I KNEWED ABOUT 200,500 MORE TO GO UNTILL I HAVE MY DREAM HAVE WELL ANYWAY THANK YOU ALOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HAVE A GREAT DAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:43 pm
It can get annoying, but it's part of his personality now, cute but irritating at the same time. I think it's a sign of his immaturity, since from what I hear, he says it less in Shippuden.

I think I'll miss it when he stops. sweatdrop  

bussan

Jajashi Hatake

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:15 pm
It tapers down as you get into the mid 100's and so on, believe it !! Yes the translation(ing) is "lame" but keep in mind the translators alot of the time aren't, how how should I say, hip, to our American culture and way's of life.  
Dubbed Anime Discussion - Watching Naruto on Toonami? Come discuss here!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games