Welcome to Gaia! ::

Guild of Roses

Back to Guilds

~A place to be yourself; a place to be free~ 

Tags: rose, free, stem, petal, thorn 

Reply Guild of Roses
***What to Expect When Maeve's a Stay at Home Mommy*** Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

With the impending blizzard looming over the Jersey Shore, I have to know. Am I popping this kid out in a snow drift?
  Yes! Babies always pick the worst time to come!
  No, you've got a few good days left.
  Who knows. When the levy breaks, the levy breaks...
View Results

tigris cobaltchaos

Apocalyptic Reindeer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:50 pm
hazel843
Maeve of the Sea
tigris cobaltchaos
maeve ditto on the blanket.....

cool nice!

Haha, I'm the same, but it has big holes in it crying crying crying

i have gone through several......  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:40 pm
MystiBlu
As I was growing, my mom took a bunch of my old clothes and blankets and put them aside and eventually made a quilt out of them for me. 8 or 12 of the receiving blankets that were in the best shape she set aside and used for the back. She was a crafty one. I still have my first stuffed animal - it's the bright hot pink rinocceros kinda thing called a puffalump. The cloth is really silky and the stuffing is sooooooooooo soft!!!!! You can probably guess where they both can be found.

OMG!!! I had the yellow cat puffalump! My dog got a hold of it, but I refused to throw it out because my grandma got it for me. I have that stashed under one of my pillows. I am so lucky my hubby thinks my attachments to this stuff is cute. I've caught him cuddling my blankie when he's sick. 4laugh  

Your Bucky

Fandom Darling

26,715 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Lovingly Advice 25
  • Dramatic Shipping 25

Plaid 2 the Bone

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:29 pm
Maeve of the Sea
MystiBlu
As I was growing, my mom took a bunch of my old clothes and blankets and put them aside and eventually made a quilt out of them for me. 8 or 12 of the receiving blankets that were in the best shape she set aside and used for the back. She was a crafty one. I still have my first stuffed animal - it's the bright hot pink rinocceros kinda thing called a puffalump. The cloth is really silky and the stuffing is sooooooooooo soft!!!!! You can probably guess where they both can be found.

OMG!!! I had the yellow cat puffalump! My dog got a hold of it, but I refused to throw it out because my grandma got it for me. I have that stashed under one of my pillows. I am so lucky my hubby thinks my attachments to this stuff is cute. I've caught him cuddling my blankie when he's sick. 4laugh

That's awesome! But I must admit that even I still have the blanket that mine grandmother knitted for me still. It's not a quilt, and it's not silk, nor is it very soft.. But it has my initials woven into it...
I only keep it for sentimental reasons..
So, is your mother making anything fer your child?
And, have you been having any.. off cravings yet? wink

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:27 pm
Epic craving: Doughnuts with BBQ sauce! XD

I don't know if it's true, but it does beat strawberries in the winter and liquorice boats, doesn't it?  

abandoned_nr_5448214

Gambino Gaian

Joeyfish5
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:43 pm
It also says heartattack

i have a black blanket that is soft but has many holes in it so we dont use it  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:55 am
Plaid 2 the Bone
Maeve of the Sea
MystiBlu

That's awesome! But I must admit that even I still have the blanket that mine grandmother knitted for me still. It's not a quilt, and it's not silk, nor is it very soft.. But it has my initials woven into it...
I only keep it for sentimental reasons..
So, is your mother making anything fer your child?
And, have you been having any.. off cravings yet? wink

My nana crocheted a blanket a couple of years ago in anticipation we might have a baby. Her arthritis is so bad she can't crochet anymore. My mom hasn't made anything yet, but she's a wiz with the sewing machine and she's pretty good with knitting, so I'm sure she'll make something. My dad is already dreaming up a play/tree house no matter what we have, and he mentioned a doll house if we have a girl.

No weird cravings yet. smile  

Your Bucky

Fandom Darling

26,715 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Lovingly Advice 25
  • Dramatic Shipping 25

Joeyfish5
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:42 pm
Your father is a good woodworker?  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:14 pm
Joeyfish5

He was a carpenter for many years before he went to work for the NJ Transit (Railroad). He built my sister and I a playhouse for Christmas, as well as a wooden swing set. He built a doll trunk and bed for my American Girl doll when I was little and my mom stenciled. I still have them.  

Your Bucky

Fandom Darling

26,715 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Lovingly Advice 25
  • Dramatic Shipping 25

tigris cobaltchaos

Apocalyptic Reindeer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:19 pm
Maeve of the Sea
Joeyfish5

He was a carpenter for many years before he went to work for the NJ Transit (Railroad). He built my sister and I a playhouse for Christmas, as well as a wooden swing set. He built a doll trunk and bed for my American Girl doll when I was little and my mom stenciled. I still have them.

my grandfather was a carpenter. i have some of his union pins. he made me a doll house. a couple of years ago i took out the stair and now use it to store books in. i just could have the heart to store it anymore. however the downstairs living room can not seem to keep books in them. Kali my cat insist on pushing them out and hiding in it!  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:22 am
Ok my friends, if you wanted to start a pool over gender I'd start now! Monday I'm making the appointment for the super, "high def" (as the hubby and I have dubbed it) ultrasound soon.

I can make the appointment for anytime between Sept. 23rd and Oct. 7th!!!!

Happy gambling lol!  

Your Bucky

Fandom Darling

26,715 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Lovingly Advice 25
  • Dramatic Shipping 25

MystiBlu

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:05 am
LoL I was first to vote YaY MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! LoL  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:43 am
lol good luck meave