Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Miscellaneous Threads
Getting in shape for cosplay - Support~ Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 18 19 20 21 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rishiki

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:12 am
Wow I haven't updated. Well I lost around 2-3 pounds but my weight is going up and down a few pounds since I started...if that made any sense at all.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:40 pm
We don't have a working scale in the house.
It broke, but at a friend's the other day I checked my weight.
I lost 4 pounds! (:  

FoxTailAngel

Shameless Businesswoman

5,000 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Hive Mind 200

Extreme Cuddler
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:41 pm
Well I know I have not updated in a while. But I am almost at my goal. I don't weight myself I don't really care how much I weigh I am going by exterior looks. So far some of the lines around my abs around more defined. In about 2 weeks or so if I really push myself I might reach my goal (it has been raining and I get lazy when it rains)  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:07 pm
D= I've been doing pretty badly too... I've gone on a couple really long walks (about 7 miles each), but I hardly ever have tome to go out and go on walks like that. Plus, I've sort of started getting into school lunch, so I've been eating a lot more throughout the day... Sweets are so tasty. ;~; All right Trixie, time to get off your lazy butt!

Also you guys, a person's weight fluctuates about 3 pounds or so in the course of a day, so if it looks like you've gained a couple pounds at one point don't freak, just weigh yourself at some other time. ^^  

Sweet Trixie

Suicide Skittle

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:25 pm
Hey gais! Wow this thread got WAY popular... I feel so bad that I started it and I haven't been keeping up with it... ugh...

How have you all been doing!?!?! This is supposed to be a support thread and I haven't been doing much supporting. I noticed a few of you are getting closer to your goals! Congratulations!

Sorry I haven't been a good supporter, but as usual there are the excuses about life getting in the way, but in general, it's really not an excuse. I need to eat healthy and I need to find time to workout throughout the day. However, I have not been doing so, and thus felt bad about even thinking about this thread.

My main 'excuse' is that I moved and thus had to get a new gym membership and deal with all of the stupid things that moving entails. Now I have a gym membership and I'm going to try to get back on my diet and exercise regimen.

Diet and Exercise update

Yesterday I worked out for about an hour and a half and burned off 1000 calories. Diet wasn't too hott.

Today I worked out twice. The first time for and hour and a half and the second time for an hour and ten minutes. In total I burned 2750 calories.

I want to go to the gym at least six times a week and every day burn off at least 1000 calories.

I want to try start a calorie diary and lower my calorie intake to about 1400... ((I'm not sure how long that will last. I'll see how it works for a couple days.))

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:44 pm
Wow, I need to do the same.
I want to cosplay Rukia but she is super small.
Lucky for me I've already got the flat chest
crying

Nitta Sayurie

Romantic Shapeshifter

1,700 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Hypocritical Persecution

7,150 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:21 pm
Nitta Sayurie
Wow, I need to do the same.
I want to cosplay Rukia but she is super small.
Lucky for me I've already got the flat chest
crying

I already cosplay Rukia, and I'm big. Weeellll.... I'm not small. Pretty big for a Rukia is better wording xD  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:55 pm
Oh wow, how did I miss this thread?
Well I'm also taking on the task of losing weight, I'm 5'6" 185 pounds and big boned. But I'm planning on getting to a healthy 145-150ish pounds or what ever is healthy looking for me.
I have already cut out soda for the most part, and I'm trying to drink more water. I'm basically going to use the South Beach diet (I have used it before I used to be 200 pounds, but the college happened) and exercise every other day. I hope it'll work this time because I want to be 15 pounds lighter by May!
And good luck (or congrats) to everyone else!  

Storm17

Tipsy Hoarder

FoxTailAngel

Shameless Businesswoman

5,000 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Hive Mind 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:32 pm
Updates for Foxie ! ~

Well hello again everyone! I hope all your diets are going well.
It's been 3 weeks since I started my diet!
I started off getting rid of junk food completely NO chips, soda, or any over unhealthy snacks. Eating a small salad with some meat on the side for lunch everyday (the meat tastes really good when I pack it cold for school actually)
Sometimes I'll substitute whatever meet for some type of veggie or fruit. I usually bring an extra fruit for our 15 min. break at school.
We've been going out a lot lately, but I assure you I've been making good decisions when going out. And I usually only eat half of something when I go to a resturant.
I only take one serving at dinner. If I'm still hungry, I go back for more of the veggies or salad.

I had finals last week, so unfortunately I only did my workout twice. Studying/ doing work all the time. Non-stop. So I'll be making up for that.

Also btw I didn't start off at 145 pounds, I was wrong. (weighed myself on the first day at my friend's house, since i stayed the night. forgot to say I did that, haha.) Anyways, It was 150 that I started off.

Now to the numbers!
Started at 150.
Now I'm at 144!

I lost 6 pounds~ That's like, twice a week. Kinda slow, but that's because of the slacking off on my workout. But have no fear!

I WILL BE WORKING OUT MORE!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:50 pm
Hey all u guys got me working out too THX u guys u help alot i started out at 160 now i is 147 OMG i lost 13 pounds! (But it took me 3 weeks to accomplish that, but it was worth it)  

Xion_Luvs_Roxas

Defective Candy

Aged Noob

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:09 pm
I'm glad to see this post, they used to have a similar one on the con forums, and it was so huge I was afraid to join it for some reason, lol.

My weight loss goal is 50 pounds to start with. It's a smaller goal, but I have an issue with just knowing what to do to lose the weight. With a hetic schedule, I just don't have time to prepare meals and eat properly, lol.

So far, all I have managed to do is quit soda, but I won't lose the weight until I can get over eating on such a crazy schedule.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:40 pm
Well I started eating meat a bit more and fish. I also got some protein thing that my mom got me. So far I gained 1 pound. I want 2 gain at least 4 more pounds. I am also trying 2 get my arms a bit "tighter". I hope I don't sound weird because I said I want 2 gain weight.

Oh and 4 all of u who cosplay Rukia or are planning 2 I say that u are good ppl with great taste. LOL Rukia is my all time favorite character not only because she is hot but because she makes me laugh. Chappy!

yes I am a Rukia fan boy but I don't glomp.  

Extreme Cuddler
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

LovelyLadyAurora

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:10 pm
I don't know how many pounds I've lost since I don't have a scale but I do know that burned about 2,200 calories after working out on the Wii game EA Sports Active. I was good and then everything went down hill a bit... sweatdrop But I am losing weight!  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:44 pm
User Image
Grr... Must... work... harder... >.<
I'm planning to take my anime club on a cosplay picnic in April and I want to cosplay as Kairi from Kingdom Hearts 2.
But I'm losing weight too slowly... D: Oh well. Better to be losing weight rather than not.

Currently 9 lbs. away from goal.

Mao-sensei

Magnetic Player

6,200 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Brandisher 100

FreakingCosmicKid

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:13 pm
So my big dilemma with food and losing weight is my nutrient intake.

With being vegetarian, it isn't very easy for me to get all the protein i need. It also doesn't help that i'm a very picky eater. I have to eat quite a bit of protein-rich foods to get my daily amount and that's holding me back from losing the last five pounds.

The only kind i really have access to is granola bars, salty peanuts, and a bunch of soy-meat substitutes.

If anyone could help, i'd love it >_<  
Miscellaneous Threads

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 18 19 20 21 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces