Tamora Pierce Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:55 pm
I take back my last post. It's been pushed up by a year and two months, according to Amazon, so it's now coming out in January 2010. Gahhhh.

Oddly, her website (updated September 4th) still says that it's coming out in 2008. Then again, it also says "Spring 2008," which Amazon hasn't said for months.

...I don't know which to believe any more.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:08 pm
Tamora Pierce's site got updated today (Oct 4), and it says Bloodhound (hardcover) is coming out spring of 09 with the paperback in 2010, while Amazon still says the hardcover version's release date is Jan 26, 2010.

And she now has a livejournal account: http:tammypierce.livejournal.com/

kel aka gandy

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:02 pm
Gah. Was there a reason why it was pushed back?  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:56 pm
Because they wish to torture and befuddle us with their mysterious ways?  

Kahahana

Lady Amica

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:07 pm
I love her books. I don't like her recent books tho. I love circle of magic books, and the will of the emperess is my favorite I think. I'm trying to finish her third book in the cirlce opens, but im finding it hard to get through it.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:31 pm
One of te things I find really aggravating is that to fully understand the Circle opens books you have to read the first series. I'm not saying the first circle series is bad or anything it's just a little imature  

astrum202

Inkybright

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:55 pm
I loved the original circle series and the circle opens, but I guess I was about 10 when I read the first series and 16 by the time Will of the Empress came out. Maybe if I was reading them for the first time now, I wouldn't find them so appealing.

I liked Terrier, but not nearly as much as Protector of the Small, or Wild Magic or even Alanna's series. It feels like some of the vibrancy has been lost. And I guess I'm not such a big fan of detective stories confused  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:16 pm
I'd like to read the Bekka Cooper books because it's more supernatural and the romance (or whatever's close ot romance in that book) sounds pretty funny.  

astrum202

Rualeen

5,250 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:33 am
I've heard many good things about her books. It's a shame it isn't translated in my language so I wanted to ask: How difficult are her books?
Normally I can read most english books but I noticed fantasy books are quite difficult with all the special words. I had difficulty reading LOTR for example but other than that none.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:06 am
Well, most of her books are primarily aimed at young adults. So it's around an eleven to maybe fourteen year old reading level, depending on the kid. I didn't think they were hard to read at all. Pretty much, if you can understand the posts in either this thread or most of the rest of the guild, you can probably manage her books just fine.  

NightIntent
Captain

Draug Heltikana

Excitable Counselor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:57 am
I never got into her books when I was younger D': So I'm not really into her writing now. I had a friend who was always trying to push me to read them, but...

I think now, they would be at far too easy a level for me, so I wouldn't really like them. I have heard good things about them from younger people, however <3

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:29 pm
Song of the Lioness is really for a little bit older crowd, her books became a little dumbed down as she went (I'm not complaining, my favorite are Protector of the Small); Though I felt like Daughter of the Lioness and Terrier were also aimed at a slightly older demographic (though admittedly not a largly older one).

kel aka gandy

murphyad

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:17 pm
I agree with you on the fact that her lastest Torall books have not really been up to par. I think it is because she is able to make and entire series with just two books, instead of the four that her readers are used to. I think you should read the second one, but borrow it from the library.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:23 pm
<.< Looking at dates on posts in a guild is always a good move. This thread was made about two years ago, and the first post is really outdated.  

NightIntent
Captain

MinervaEvenstar

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:37 am
I loved Song of the Lioness, but I liked Jonathan better than George so when Alanna didn't end up with Jon I didn't want to read anymore of her books with Alanna in them. So I tried The Circle Opens instead of The Immortals and I didn't like it. Then I saw Trickster's choice in the store and the summary on the back didn't seem like it'd have anything to do with Alanna, so I bought it and - lo and behold - it was about Alanna and George's daughter. I continued reading it anyway and discovered that I loved it. The sequel to it isn't as good. Anyway, after Trickster I decided that Alanna and George really aren't such a bad couple, so I'll have to read Tamora's other books sometime.  
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff