Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Daffodil Movement

Back to Guilds

Guild for the Daffodil Movement, a cancer awareness movement here on Gaia. 

Tags: cancer, awareness, daffodils, daffodil, movement 

Reply Archives [threads from previous years of the event]
Team Ovarian - Teal Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

caked

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:43 pm
UPDATED LIST -

edit - we may just end up doing a picture with the team wearing as much teal as possible.

For anyone who believes we can do the Wingding idea -

It's not like I'm asking for much when myself and another team mate came up with the wingding shirt idea. We just need 11 out of the 38 members that we've collected, that can afford to buy a Wingding shirt, which, at the moment, is only 42k. They can quickly buy it and as soon as the event is done, sell it just as fast. And I'm pretty sure there has to be a few people that have very close timezones and are probably not all that busy on a Saturday because there is no school.

Those people who can't afford to buy a Wingding shirt can be put in the screenie as well. Just make sure you wear your teal and daffodils! Don't feel left out!

For those of you who don't have the same time zone but may have the same as another person on the team, (or even if you didn't make it to the original event), you can do something with them.

Participants -

Jubilo • PDT
caked • EST
ZombieIand • EST
Undistinguished • EST
Cooky_Bandit • MST
xAngel of Mercyx • EST
xXx kaconquest xXx • EST
Eggplant Panini • UTC/GMT (UK)
Caina Eternia • PST

just make sure you come back to the thread to see updates!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:06 pm
i live in EST, sorry i wasn't on yesterday,
question i've never played the zOMG game before, do i have to of played it to be able to participate in the event?  

xAngel of Mercyx

Eloquent Conversationalist

15,725 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100

caked

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:19 pm
Cooky_Bandit
You're welcome! I know, that's another problem. I'm hoping to get it on the weekends and I want to see if I can be on at the same time as the Captain, and so far it's not looking good. Today I'll probably end up having to PM those who join and leave to participate in the team spirit. ;D

xXx kaconquest xXx
Alrighty! Great. No worries. I'm hoping to get it on a weekend, because the Captain only comes on nights for me and I can stay up too late because I have to wake up early for school.
If we don't end up finding enough people to buy a Wingding shirt, I don't mind having people wearing teal! I think it may even be a better idea to just do that because everyone can participate.

Jubilo
O jeez. No wonder we're never on at the same time! Ha. You're 3 hours behind me. Maybe if we are able to collect more people with the PST timezone, we can split the team and have 2 separate meetings to include everyone who may not be able to attend one meeting because of their schedule.
Oh my. I would love to live in Mexico. But that's great that you're going to be on all weekend because maybe we can meet up and make some plans with the team.

Eggplant Panini
No worries! You're just in time; we're planning a team event.
Alright, well the shirts cost about 36k (last time I checked). But I wouldn't buy one yet until we know if we have exactly enough members to spell "Team Ovarian".
That sounds like a pretty good idea. I'm not not everyone will make all the meetings because of schedules, but it's worth a try.
We're all still working on a time, but once I PM everyone in the team about the meet and everyone gets a chance to join and know what's going on, I'll try to work out a time with the Captain.

xAngel of Mercyx
No worries!
Uhm, I'm not exactly sure on that, but you may have to ask Undistinguished (team member) about it. I've never really played.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:58 pm
xAngel of Mercyx
i live in EST, sorry i wasn't on yesterday,
question i've never played the zOMG game before, do i have to of played it to be able to participate in the event?

I believe you do, to an extent.
The first time you enter zOMG you're on a train. You meet a guy, he gives you a ring. Something goes wrong with the train, so you get off the train, but the train station is barred. In order to go into the town you have to use the sewers. You train a little with the ring then head into the sewers.
I think you might have a guide, I can't really remember it's been awhile. But you get attacked and have to fight through the sewers until you climb out of a manhole and enter the town. It's safe there.
You might have to save your progress, but I think it gets automatically saved. You don't repeat the whole train-sewer thing next time you go to zOMG.

xXx kaconquest xXx

Cooky_Bandit

4,450 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Junior Trader 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:30 pm
Ha ha ha! XD Those are brilliant! Many thanks! 3nodding I'm trying to get other active members to join our team who will be more than willing to praticipate in any team event we can think of! I'm doing well so far. Even if it is at least one more person. Everyone counts!  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:33 pm
Cooky_Bandit
Of course! One person is better than none. I wish there was some other fast way to tell people on our team about the event. PMing is taking forever!

caked

caked

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:35 pm
What's going on -

You may have joined Team Ovarian to support those who are fighting and survived or those who were too late to fight.
We are now up to about 40 members strong and growing. We need your help to show your support and spread awareness at the team's next event.
We are not sure when the event will be held (most likely on a weekend), but make sure you keep up with updates in the Ovarian forum in TMD, posted by myself or Jubilo.

The Event -
User Image

If we are able to find enough people on the team who can afford to buy a Wingding shirt (or may already own one), the plan is to spell "Team Ovarian" in either towns or zOMG. The lowest known price at the moment is about 36k.
Unless we are not able to find enough people, team members will gather in a selected spot of towns or zOMG wearing as much teal as possible, which is not a bad idea.
• everyone can afford teal items
• shows a lot of team spirit if people show up
• will be held on a weekend to benefit everyone's schedule
• everyone is invited ([friends] even if they are not part of the guild, just make sure they wear teal to match our team spirit)

Also, you can just go into towns with just yourself and a friend to make something to show team spirit.

Skills - We know you have them! -

Don't forget to show your photography skills (taking a picture of yourself dressed in teal with a few daffodils), drawing skills (whether it be using Photoshop or a drawing of your avatar, the team, a teal ribbon with a daffodil, etc.), writing skills (poems, stories, songs/lyrics, etc.) and avatar making and tekteking skills.
We need your help to support our team spirit! We can't do it alone.

Contests -

Don't forget about the contests! Be competitive.

Only 2 more days to submit an entry -
Avatar contest! - Dress up your avatar with the color of our team.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Send your entry from April 5th to April 10th via PM to Jubilo.
1st place wins 30,000 gold.
2nd place wins 10,000 gold.
(Voting period from April 12 to April 17)

Opened on April 12th to submit banners
Banner contest! – Create a cool banner for The Daffodil Movement or The Team Ovarian.
Send your entry from April 12 to April 17 via PM to Jubilo.
(Voting period from April 19 to April 24)User Image

10 days before having to submit an entry (plenty of time to draw)
Drawing contest! – Draw something related to cancer awareness, the daffodil movement or team ovarian.
Send your entry from April 19 to April 24 via PM to Jubilo.
(Voting period from April 26 to April 30)

Suggestions and Information -

If you feel as though you want to join in on our team spirit event, make sure you PM Jubilo or caked with your timezone to make sure we know what time to tell you to come to our event. You can also just post it in the forum.Make sure you post to just chat or give suggestions for our team spirit. We are in need of ideas!

Timezone Websites -

United States -
http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Pacific/d/-8/java

World -
http://www.timezonecheck.com/

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:49 pm
I got one of my friends to join us. :3 Oh and I got my hands on a Wingding shirt so I'm all set for that event if it happens! biggrin  

Cooky_Bandit

4,450 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Junior Trader 100

Enemy of Prussia

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:57 pm
I would like to join team teal! Or team Ovarian. biggrin Please. I am a friend of Cooky_Bandit and would really like to join. She referred me to the Daffodil team. So again, please and thank u.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:58 pm
Cooky_Bandit

Great! You are a really great help! Thank you soo much!

caked

Cooky_Bandit

4,450 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Junior Trader 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:13 pm
This event does mean alot to me even if no one I know has had or has cancer. I've been fortunate so far but others haven't been as lucky. It pains me to hear their stories and it made me realize I should do something so that no one else has to live it. The year I joined people in towns were being really unkind towards us and said they hoped we would die of cancer. But who would ever wish such a horrible thing upon another? They were ignorant and I wish to inform anyone else like that just how important and serious cancer is. I'm glad I can be of some help to our team. :3  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:20 pm
Just wrote this, wanted to share:
Marathon

Sometimes I ponder
As often I do
What the meaning would be
Of life without you?

The world would be cold
Without the sun
Play would be work
If we didn't know fun

But the world still turns
Moons wax and wane
And days come and go
With you knowing this pain

Is it fear or grief
That grips our souls?
We walk, we run
We wear down our soles

Every year we march
And this we can endure
Becuase our cause is right
We walk for a cure

What is the challenge
In one marathon?
When we know we could awaken
To find loved ones now gone

Ponder yourself
For a moment or two
What would you do
For the ones dearest to you?

xXx kaconquest xXx

Eggplant Panini

4,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:23 pm
User ImageUser Image

We really do need to get an edge on the other teams if we're going to uphold last year's Team Ovarian's Spirit-winning standard >3

Some of the other teams have way more participants than us and much more active threads so if we're going to have a chance we're going to need to get really creative with what we're doing to raise awareness.

Like, maybe we could see if there's a bump shop somewhere that we could hire to bump a bunch of different threads just one time with a link to the guild?
                              Somewhere might do it and it'd be a great way to recruit new people.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:37 pm
That actually sounds like a really good idea.
Although, we'd probably attract a lot of those "go die" people Cooky was talking about. And people who would join other teams (since Ovarion cancer isn't nearly as popular as Breast or Lung). Or people who join and leave. confused
I'd love to bump though. And I know that there is an actual bumping team-for-hire thing out there. Saw them once...

xXx kaconquest xXx

Archives [threads from previous years of the event]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces