Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Hallways and the Grand Staircase
Ground Floor Corridor Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:26 am
And we both go down together...we'd stay there forever...just try to get up
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Sergio Mourinho Di Maria

SlytherinPurebloodEleven

I always sing you sad songs...and you can sing along...and you can see your melody is calling out your wrongs.

Sergio chuckled as she had shown him her welt. As soon as she did that, he held out his hand, revealing a very similar, yet smaller welt he had gotten when the broom had smashed into his hands. "I think I know the feeling. Dmitri was smart enough to let it fly up on its own and let it come down. I on the other hand...was not," he said, looking down to the floor.

"I think your dad would love the sport...Maybe not you playing the sport,but yeah," he said to her, laughing a bit. "I don't think my dad would let me not play Quidditch. It runs in the family."

I never told you everything. Your losing hope and fading dreams and every single memory along the way

And I'm sorry, this wasn't easy...I ask you believe me...and never let go

mc2

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:38 am
User Image

User Image

Blood Status: Muggleborn
Wand: Inflexible//13 inches//Laurel//Dragon Heartstring
Current Age: 11
Year at Hogwarts: 1st year

Ah so the Russian does have the brains...

"Speaking of Dmitri is he completely unbearable with his princess Hayden yet?" Veronica asked before continuing, she obviously didn't care about the answer one way or another. "And, no, I don't think my Dad would be that big into the sport. I mean he occasionally watches a football game but even that is rare. He is more of a book and documentary guy. Did I tell you he wanted me in Ravenclaw of all places? He thought it would calm me down or something."

She laughed, "Could you imagine me as a Ravenclaw? I mean I like books but I'm too pigheaded for that house. But then again there is that one girl Gypsy who can change her hair color who's in it. Who knows maybe the sorting hat gets drunk before each sorting and makes most sorting make sense and then a few of them just leave you scratching your head. I mean it must be boring being a hat."

User Image

In Company of: Sergio
[Wearing:Gryffindor Pride]

{ }

Silver Eagle III

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:21 am
And we both go down together...we'd stay there forever...just try to get up
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Sergio Mourinho Di Maria

SlytherinPurebloodEleven

I always sing you sad songs...and you can sing along...and you can see your melody is calling out your wrongs.

"Not completely. They aren't really basking in each other's company. Almost like you and I right now. They just talk to each other and do whatever the h*** they do," he said, laughing a bit. He really didn't put that well, but she would get it.

"I could imagine you as a Ravenclaw. You seem to have decent individuality. And you seem smart in your own way; so yes I could actually. Just because you are pigheaded doesn't mean that you can't be one. Exhibit A," he said quietly, keeping his voice completely down as he had said the last part and shot a glance over at Gypsy.

I never told you everything. Your losing hope and fading dreams and every single memory along the way

And I'm sorry, this wasn't easy...I ask you believe me...and never let go

mc2

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:28 am
User Image

User Image

Blood Status: Muggleborn
Wand: Inflexible//13 inches//Laurel//Dragon Heartstring
Current Age: 11
Year at Hogwarts: 1st year

He's comparing us to the Russian and Princess? Odd.

"Ah but my defining features aren't how smart I may or may not be," She answered. "I have always done decent in my classes because I work hard and I'm a quick reader so I pick up things from books easily enough. And justice is what I strive for: I'm stubborn only for the sake of doing the right thing. But like I said maybe the sorting hat just gets drunk and picks houses on the fly."

"And I don't think Dad's intentions were entirely pure in wanting me to be in Ravenclaw," Ronna admitted with a laugh. "I mean if he was a wizard he probably was a shoe in for Ravenclaw, I'd be surprised if he didn't get that house, but he's actually so stupid as to worry about my studies." She put on a stern voice and mimicked her Dad, "I read about those Gryffindor boys... they're too bold. I don't like the sounds of them. Remember you are stuck in a house for seven years and if heaven help me you start dating..."

Ronna burst out laughing, "He's totally mental. Guess that's what you get for having a single Dad, though."

User Image

In Company of: Sergio
[Wearing:Gryffindor Pride]

{ OOC: Ending scene since Silver Eagle has left for other adventures }

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:30 pm
User Image
Adalaide is...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // Looking Studious at Locationspace
CURRENTLY // single // crushing on Chris // lovingspaces
CURRENTLY WITH // spacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // spacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // spacespac
'You didn't have to look my way;
Your eyes still haunt me to this day.'

═════════════════════════════════

Adalaide walked down the stairs from the first floor corridor, feeling rather awkward now that she was healed. Her hip was still hurting a bit, so she assumed that the break had been mended but the bruise hadn't. It wasn't a big deal; she just had a very slight limp to her walk. She hoped Chris didn't want to see her any time soon; he'd want to know what had happened. She didn't think he'd freak out or anything, not really, but... well, you never knew with guys, right? She sighed, tucking some stray hair behind her ear, wondering if Dhyl was still following her... she checked and, sure enough, there he was. It'd been incredibly nice of him to carry her to the Hospital Wing and all, but now Ada wasn't quite sure what to say or do. She flushed a bit. "Erm, thanks for, uh, carrying me. Sorry about that." Oh, that was brilliant. Like it was her fault that she'd been hit with a bloody bludger. Once again, she was torn between wanting to scream at Dom for hitting her so hard (bad sportsmanship) and congratulating him on managing to break her hip (good sportsmanship). Really, it'd been impressive... and it had totally sucked. But, she'd had enough adrenaline pumping through her system and apparently had a high enough pain tolerance (something she'd never have guessed about herself) that she'd actually played a pretty good game after taking the hit, aside from not making any goals... she chalked that up to a short game and good opposing Chasers. Still, it wasn't her fault she'd gotten hit... or that Dhyl had been the one to carry her. He'd offered. Sort of. Maybe he'd just felt obligated... that thought was why she felt so nervous. She was still considering the idea that he might very well still be angry with her for what she'd said at the Lake. "Uh, I'm... I'm sort of hungry. So, I'm gonna, ah, head to the Great Hall. See if I can scrounge up something to eat." It was about the right time of day that lunch was on the table, and Adalaide was actually starving... something she hadn't realized until just then. Ada thought that perhaps it would be polite to ask Dhyl to join her, but then, he probably didn't want to eat with her anyway... right? She stood there, feeling rather awkward, almost willing him to just outright say he would join her (which would mean he wasn't mad, right?) or say goodbye and walk away.

'But you did... yes, you did.'

User Image

(( OOC: ))

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:20 pm
User ImageUser Image

Fifth YearHufflepuffChaserPrefect

Dhyl walked a few steps behind Adalaide, hands in his pocket, a slump to his form as he walked lazily behind. The girl glanced at him, then said thank you, so her nodded. "Don't worry about it. I wasn't about to leave you to suffer. I've taken some hits too. I know how they feel." He had taken some hits, but there was one person he knew firsthand hurt worse than anything, Ronyo. The now graduated Slytherin hit damn hard, enough so that Dhylan had been left half deaf. He didn't seem to be in a good mood, when in fact, his emotions were quite elated. When she mentioned lunch, he glanced at his watch, then looked back at her. "We're a little late, but still have most of an hour to eat. M-mind if I sit with you? I... I usually eat alone, but I feel the need to be social..." He looked almost shyly at her, like a toddler afraid to leave his mom for the first day of daycare. It was scary to take the first few steps out of one's comfort zone.

Wearing
Out Of Character:

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:01 pm
User Image

Adalaide gave Dhylan an odd look. Last time she'd spoken to him, he'd been totally ready to just give up on everything. It'd been painful to see, really, which was why she'd had to walk away. She had a feeling that his sudden change had nothing to do with her, given how short she'd gotten with him before she'd left... so what was it, then? She wouldn't complain, of course; her teammate being angry with her and only putting up with her for the sake of the game, and being a good person in regards to taking her to the Hopsital Wing, was not a scenario she was overly happy about. She offered him a smile. "That... that would be fine. I mean, company's never a bad thing, right?" She crossed her arms and shifted her weight out of habit, biting her lip when she realized what a bad idea that had been. She shifted it back to the left leg, and then made her way to the Great Hall, figuring he'd follow. She didn't really know what else to say; she didn't want to bring up the lake, of course, but other than that and Quidditch... they didn't have anything in common. She chewed her lip a moment, thoughtful. "So, what do you think of the sub for History? He's sort of... scary. And I think he's a purist. He was sort of rude to Steele about his name sounding like a muggle name." Ada had no idea where that had come from. It'd been the first thing she'd thought of, and her mind had latched onto it. But, whatever. It was certainly a safer topic than anything else at the moment. Honestly, Ada didn't mind the professor, so long as he did his job. From what she could tell, they'd be fine as long as everyone kept their mouths shut... and Steele was gone, and he'd been the only one stupid enough to speak up. She ignored the surge of happiness that their annoyingly pig-headed Keeper was gone.

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:26 pm
User ImageUser Image

Dhyl sent a half-smile at Ada when she mentioned that company was never a bad thing. It could be... if the company was the wrong person. He debated saying that allowed, but really didn't want her to agree then leave him to eat alone. They were quiet for a moment, then Ada asked his opinion on the History substitute, Professor Bjelke. "I don't mind him. He's a very straight to the point person. I also don't mind that he called Steele out on his s**t, since Steele directly broke his rules, then proceeded to ask questions. If I were in Bjelke's position, I'd have done the same." He took a few of his longer strides, now walking beside Ada. There. Conversation wouldn't involve her turning around.

Wearing
Out Of Character:

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:44 pm
User Image

Adalaide had to agree with Dhylan on that; it was about time someone put Steele in his place. A pity, really, that the professor wouldn't get another opportunity to do so. She laughed a bit. "Yeah. I have a feeling Steele was like 'Oh, he doesn't mean it, I'll wow him with my bravery' or something stupid like that. He always seems to be putting his foot in his mouth. Sometimes I wonder how he can get his big head in through all the doors around here." Ada wouldn't complain about the new professor; she just found him... odd. And like she'd said, a little scary. Of all the people in the castle who could catch a student up to no good, he would probably be the worst. Ada was thinking about how thankful she was that she never broke any rules... when her thoughts drifted to her date with Chris. What time had she been back? Somewhere around midnight, she was sure. Or later. Definitely past the time they were supposed to've been back from the village. Their cut off time at Hogsmeade was maybe eight? Nine at the latest; she wasn't sure, she didn't usually go out on their visit days. The point was, she'd definitely been out past curfew... and was planning on doing it again. She shuddered at the thought of Bjelke being the one to catch her. And flushed at the thought of seeing Chris again. She hoped she wasn't limping anymore by the time they got to see one another. Telling him her hip'd been broken would be pretty difficult to pull off.

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:32 pm
User ImageUser Image

Dhyl looked at Ada as she began to talk about Steele. She didn't seem to like him.... then again, he didn't either. "Yea, he had his moments though. That was one of his more... ignorant, I'll admit, but neither of us know exactly why he did it. Whether honest curiosity or flagrant stupidity, none shall know, perhaps even him." He felt a bit weird, defending the guy he so despised. He'd practically ruined the Hufflepuff team on more than one occasion, and now the blond was dating Ariana. Yes, Dhyl didn't like Steele, but that didn't mean he was going to rag on the guy while he wasn't there to defend himself. It just wasn't right. He didn't want to
gossip.

Wearing
Out Of Character:

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:52 pm
User Image

Adalaide smiled a bit. She sort of felt bad for badmouthing the guy, but he was a jerk. It might be simply because he was sort of... dense. He wasn't really mean, just... sometimes he said something stupid. Of course, he was gone now. Ada'd heard through the grapevine that Steele had left, not just the team, but the entire school, through the grapevine. Whether or not that was true, she had no idea, he could be laying asleep in the Hospital Wing like every other bloody kid seemed to be for all she knew. But, there was something in her that just felt like he was actually and truly gone. She chuckled a bit. "Well, like I said, he puts his foot in his mouth. He's not stupid, really, I think he just... doesn't think sometimes. Like last year. Lyv fainted at the feast because everyone was all crowded around her, and he leans over her and asks her, while she's unconscious, if she had fainted, and why she would 'go and do something like that.' Everyone else is worried about whether or not she's okay, and he went and said something that, if she'd been able to hear it, would have made her feel awful. He doesn't... he doesn't think." The Hufflepuff ended her little rant, feeling like the last sentence totally summed it all up. The guy was clearly smart, and he was talented, but... he just opened his mouth and said whatever was on his mind. The consequences, how others might take it or what it might mean, didn't seem to occur to him. Which was frustrating for someone like Adalaide, who constantly worried about saying the wrong thing. It was hard to get over her stutter and her shyness when she had someone like Steele around reminding her of all the reasons not to talk. Ever.

She sighed a bit, and then waved her hand, smiling.
                                                          "Whatever. So, that was some game, yeah? The Seekers are really on it this year. We've not really gotten to do anything, it feels like. Aside from steals. And getting Bludgers hit at us," she added, chuckling. She'd never been hit before; someone had aimed at her last year, but it'd been deflected. No such luck this time; still, it was an experience. She didn't have it before and now she did. She wasn't sure how much of her pain tolerance was from adrenaline and maybe numbness from the cold, and how much was actually her being able to stand it, but she'd still felt it enough that she was proud of herself for not flinching. She'd kept playing; actually, she sort of felt she'd played better after being hit, which was... odd. But whatever. The point was, she'd totally taken a pretty good hit, and kept playing after. Finding out she'd been playing with a broken hip had shocked her; once she'd gotten over that, she'd been sort of impressed with herself... something that only seemed to happen when she played Quidditch. She was good at other things, of course, but she knew she was good at those things. Quidditch was an entirely new thing.

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:09 pm
User ImageUser Image

Dhyl really didn't want to talk about Steele any longer, so when Ada changed the topic to Quidditch, he jumped on it. "Yea, the Seekers are all great... and then there's Gryffindor. Honestly, I don't know why Rem's even trying. With all these kids dropping like flies, she's already had to have a re-tryout for Beaters. And, no offence to the kid, but I don't think Romy has any business on the team, Seeker or otherwise. He should just stick to writing. Heck, maybe his sister should go curl up in a cauldron." He shrugged lightly, figuring it was all true. Romy hadn't been successful, and this was Remy's third straight year of nothing but losses. Maybe it had to do with the fact that Sam left the team immediately after a year of lost games. Remy didn't much seem to have her heart in the game any more. Perhaps all her failing relationships had to do with it. Then again, he'd not exactly had the best example of a love life. Oh well. Maybe they'd win against Ravenclaw or Slytherin. So far, the Badgers remained undefeated.

Wearing
Out Of Character:

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:25 pm
User Image

Adalaide's eyes went wide when Dhyl went on a sort-of rant about how poorly Gryffindor had been doing since Remy'd taken over as captain. She listened, wondering what on Earth had brought all that on. She'd thought that Dhyl was friends with them, or at least, with Remy. She bit her lip, starting to shift her weight again and wincing a bit before shifting it back. "Well, I mean... most of her trouble's been bad luck, right? This year's not been her fault, I mean, like you said, people are dropping like flies, it's not her fault half her team happen to be the ones to win that lottery... or lose it, I guess... Last year... I dunno, wasn't it her first year as captain? And Romy's as a Seeker? They're just... learning. I mean, Seeker's a tough position to do well at when you first start, because usually you're going against people with way more experience than you. I think... I think it's sort of admirable how she is still trying. She could give up, and so could he, but they haven't. They've just... been hitting a few bumps in the road. Gotten off to a bad start. Long as they keep trying..." She shrugged a bit. "I dunno, I think they'll manage. And who knows? Maybe they'll win the next game. It's Gryffindor versus Ravenclaw, right? Maybe they've got a shot." Ada thought that, at the last game Ravenclaw'd played, the reserve Seeker had been called in. That meant that maybe Romy'd be going up against someone with less experience than him. And Remy was a good Chaser. A great one, actually. Ada recalled the back and forth between the two of them last year. The Hufflepuff'd barely get a few yards away before she looked down to see she'd lost the ball. They just... had bad luck. That was all.

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:22 pm
User ImageUser Image

Dhyl shook his head lightly, hair fluffing a bit. "Nope. Bad luck is a hoax. It's not real. Results are based on skill. I don't know why their players are dropping, but I have a feeling it's not good. Three Gryffindor players are out so far. Who's next? Remy? Romulus? Minn?" He glanced at Ada, then sighed. "I know I shouldn't be hard on them, but I-I have to be. I... I don't want them to go down. It's their star players going down first, isn't it? Jacob, then Tevye and Cameron? They're eliminating spots one by one! I-I can't let my friends go down. So I thought... maybe... If I mentioned their weaknesses... they'd be spared..." He gave a sheepish glance to the girl beside him, hoping she wouldn't judge him... or even smack him upside the head.

Wearing
Out Of Character:

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:09 pm
User Image

Adalaide blinked for a moment, her expression somewhat blank, when a small smile started to creep in. Her hand went to her mouth, and she bit her lip behind its cover, trying not to chuckle at him... but a small giggle escaped. She blushed, and felt bad about it, but really, it was sort of funny. She wouldn't argue with him on the subject of whether or not luck was a real thing, since those conversations tended to go badly for people who had mostly experienced bad luck. "So, you don't believe in luck... but you believe in, what, jinxes? Not like the sort with a wand, but the kind where you knock on wood to make it go away? That's... an interesting outlook." She giggled again, and then put on her serious face... although a bit of mirth could still be seen in her eyes. "I don't think that Gryffindor's team is being targeted, otherwise it'd only be them, right? So there must be some common thread to the people who've passed out... and the Gryffindor team just happens to be the one with the people who fit the parameters, right?" Ada didn't have a clue what was making people pass out, what the connection was, if they'd all decided to have a certain meal or gone to a certain place on campus or what, but there had to be something. It couldn't just be random. Randomness was an illusion. There was always a pattern, a theme. She smiled a bit to herself. That was her inner Ravenclaw talking, that little voice that Ada had always felt she'd gotten from her dad. Logical, approaching a problem from all angles. She wasn't looking for clues or anything, but maybe whatever the common thread didn't apply to Rem and the others? "It's sweet of you, though, to try and spare them. Really. I'm not sure how much it would work, but still. The thought is nice. It's good that they have someone who cares about them that much." Ada smiled widely. Dhyl could be somewhat strange, she thought. His mind worked in strange ways.

User Image

Hallways and the Grand Staircase

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas