Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area
The Gardens Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 35 36 37 38 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 7:24 pm
User Image
Hufflepuff|1st year|Muggle-Born|Single

Why must I be judged upon the purity of my blood?

Steele looked at her in awe, not really knowing what to say. The girl was amazing, but he couldn't even find the word to describe that amazing. He watched as the beautiful notes left the girl's little mouth. As she finished, he started to clap, a smile finding its way on his face.

"That was truly amazing. You have a beautiful voice," he said, picking up his guitar. He couldn't match that, but he could most definitely try to nonetheless. He picked up his guitar, wondering what he could sing.

"Well, I could never match that: but would you want me to try?" he asked, that smile still there. Steele really liked hanging out with Ariana.

Will I ever be the same?

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 7:39 pm

Ariana Hawthorne
First Year: Hufflepuff

User Image
§ M I L Σ ツ
it looks good on you.

Ariana smiled as Steele complimented her voice. "You really think so?" she asked. Ariana giggled a bit when Steele asked if she'd want him to try. "Totally!" she yelled, enthusiasm springing from her mouth. She already heard him sing, but she loved his voice.

wearing

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 8:26 pm
User Image

"I really do think so," he said softly, wondering how he would do himself. He then picked up his guitar, and played with the chords for a second. He thought about what exactly he wanted to sing. He thought for a second the started. He played a beautiful melody and started.

" Another long summer's come and gone
I don't know why it always ends this way
The boardwalk's quiet and the carnival rides
Are as empty as my broken heart tonight

But I close my eyes and one more time
We're spinnin' around and you're holdin' on tightly
The words came out, I kissed your mouth
No Fourth of July has ever burned so brightly,"
he sang aloud, playing a beautiful melody.

Will I ever be the same?

(OOC:Here [Til' Summer Comes Around, Keith Urban])  
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 8:32 pm

Ariana Hawthorne

User Image
§ M I L Σ ツ
it looks good on you.

Ariana sat quietly, smiling as Steele sang the two verses of the song. "See? You're good!" she assured him. Terrific is more like it, she thought.

wearing

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 9:03 pm
User Image

"No I'm not," he joked, actually feeling like he was telling the truth. People have told him he was good, but he never has believed it. He always thought he was just...bad. He always just thought thatbhe was a guitar player, and couldn't amount to anything else. He put his guitar down.

"You're definitely way better than I ever will be," he said, once again telling the truth. He smiled atbher briefly then looked away. He thought about hiw badly he thought he sounded.

Will I ever be the same?

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 9:09 pm

Ariana Hawthorne

User Image
§ M I L Σ ツ
it looks good on you.

Ariana frowned at the boy, who was being too hard on himself. "Well, you're better at guitar than I will ever be, but it doesn't mean that I won't be good," she told him, comparing the two situations.

wearing

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 9:23 pm
User Image

"Maybe I shouldn't be so hard on myself. It's just....this is the only thing that sets me out from anyone. I am no pureblood...I'm nothing special...I'm the runt of the litter. The only way I can upstage anyone is music. I'm thinking that's why I'm so hard on myself. I know it is a weird reason, but still," he said, that smile fading away from his face. Why did he not like Hogwarts like everyone else did? Why couldn't he just except that he was different? He was never going to be looked up to because of his social status, or his good looks, or even his smile. That was something that would probably never happen. Not to mention all the stereotypical slytherins who do not think mudbloods deserve anything, and that they are inferior. This place was horrible. The only shining moment for him was the girl sitting in front of him. She was the only reason he wouldn't just leave. Her and nothing else. He was glad to have her as a friend.

Will I ever be the same?

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 11:45 am
User Image
User ImageUser Image

The outdoors was a place the White Fox had been less and less lately as the common zone for high traffic and possible mission critical situations was the mid to lower levels of the castle. The high sections upon which the griffin and raven sat and roamed acquired less attention and less reason to observe and log, much less fill a need to interact with anyone. Now that the school year was moving more and more so did the White Fox expand his normal patrol routes to encompass a larger section of the castle as a whole. It was still a daunting task for one individual to perform on their own but so far the White Fox was handling it well.

So to the gardens his patrol now encompassed, if for nothing else than the calming and even possible moment for some rest before moving on. Also as the gardens were so close to the herbology classroom it allowed the White Fox to check on any odd traces or possible situations that could develop. Not that the white masked figure was worried about the herbology teacher going rouge or a student suddenly deciding that they would use plants to rule the world, but it never hurt to check every area.

A tree just with in the garden was the location for the White Fox's current recon spot. It was here that the white robed mystery man heard an enjoyable melody of words in tune. Looking about to find the source the black slits of the white mask found two students apparently singing and talking about the same subject. The robes showed the gold and obsidian colors of the badger house and from the words spoken by the older student it sounded like another muggle born was finding less magic in the school and more of the social cast system within the wizarding world. As the boy's words found a finality and he spoke more of not fitting in the White Fox found himself compelled to make his first interaction among the students one less about his prime mission and more about his second and tertiary ones.

"Then upstage them little badger," A voice that seemed to echo in the air but was not muffled in the least by the mask, "Your blood is the same color as any serpent I assure you, if the purity of the life-force that flows through your veins is all that is holding you back might I suggest showing some of that determination your house is so known for and pushing past it," Out from the back of the tree farthest from the students the White Fox rolled out and into a bush with not a sound, "You must be a respectable example for your young housemates. Should all the muggle borns just give up and not try? Oh that would make the pure bloods so happy though, no more dirty bloods soiling their perfect little world. If you wish to give them that kind of satisfaction then go right ahead and continue to think as you do."

User Image

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 7:28 pm

Ariana Hawthorne

User Image
§ M I L Σ ツ
it looks good on you.

Ariana frowned at Steele when he bagged on himself. She was about to disagree with him, but someone has already done so. Looking around, Ariana had not found the source of the voice. "Did you hear that?" she asked Steele. I'm not going crazy, she thought, determined to find out where the voice came from. It sounded nearby, but from which direction did it come from? Ariana stood up and gripped her wand, preparing herself for anything that may come.

wearing

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 6:05 pm
User Image

Huffelpuff|1st year|Muggle-Born|Single

Steele was frightened a bit by the sudden voice that seemed to appear from almost no where. Upon hearing the much deeper, serious voice, he jumped a little. It was too small to be notice however; so he didn't have to worry about being embarassed for it, but that's when he started to listen to the voice. It spoke, whatever it was, it spoke passionately, like it knew where he was coming from. Steele looked around to find the source of the voice, but he could not find it. It seemed to be coming from...nowhere. But...nevermind that, he was going to respond to the man who took his time to console him and encourage him.

"It's hard to not give up, especially when you are being mentally batter by everyone. How can one bear such a battering? I've always been the cool one, the one that everyone wants to hang out with, but now...now I'm the laughing stock...the loser that everyone wants to stay away from it seems. It is bad when you are called a mudblood on the train...the train...not even in Hogwarts yet and I am being stereotyped. But what I want to know is why? Why do they stereotype me? I have not wronged them in anyway," he opened up, trusting the non existent man that talked to him as we speak. Steele, for some reason, felt that he could trust him...with his life. But...sometimes he wasn't too sure.

Will I ever be the same?

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 7:13 pm
User Image
User ImageUser Image

For the idea of speaking to just a voice the first years held themselves remarkably well without looking to strike or find assistance. That was likely a positive and a negative as should the White Fox intended the young witch and wizard harm, there was likely nothing they could do about it except accept their fate and take it with some grain of dignity.

Fortunately for the two students their lives were no more in danger than any other...so far. As the boy responded with words that told the white masked figure all he needed to know. A normal muggle taken from the world he knew and was accepted to a world he dared not dream of and be shunned. With his left hand just hovering over his small bag the white robes man stood up from his concealment in the bush just off to the students left. He moved slowly as he spoke to, for once, draw attention and to be ready should something unexpected come to pass.

"I'm afraid I do not have all the answers for you young badger, but I can tell you not everyone is as caught up in the ideas of bloodlines denoting importance. You will find the house with which your robes now adorn the colors is just such a place. Whereas I'm sure not every muggle is so accepting and understanding of something that was once consider among the masses to be taboo, so too does the wizarding world hold its share of odd social ideas. What someone calls you based on nothing more than knowing your heritage means nothing as they are speaking from ignorance. Only the words from those who truly know you, and care about you mean anything."

User Image

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 9:16 pm
User Image

"But, how could I ever fit in? What would I have to do to even win their hearts? I see nothing I could possibly do,' he asked the man. The man had come out of the bushes now. He was in a mask, but for some reason, Steele felt perfectly safe, as if there was nothing to be afraid of. Steele looked up at the man, seeking answers, seeking something to guide him. He was just lucky to have someone here to help him, other than Ariana of course. This man seemed to be the epitome of men, like he was some sort of superhero, which, due to his outlandish raiment, led Steele to believe the figure was. The figure may even be someone normal, but what he was doing for Steele right now was very kind. He wanted to know what was behind the mask however, but that was an issue for another day.

Will I ever be the same?

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 2:01 pm

Ariana Hawthorne

User Image
§ M I L Σ ツ
it looks good on you.

Ariana noticed a moment after Steele that the figure showed himself. What is that? she couldn't help but wonder. It has to be human, right? I mean, a creature like that wouldn't just be running around the school grounds, would it? Ariana stayed quiet as Steele and the masked man conversed. Ariana felt as though she wasn't even around anymore. Steele had trusted the masked man and began to speak to it freely, like he trusted it more than he trusted Ariana. She, however, did not trust it at all.

wearing

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 2:31 pm
User Image
User ImageUser Image

The boy continued to show minimum surprise at the appearance of the White Fox and seemed more focused on trying to solve his own personal problems. The girl on the other hand held the look of uncertainty and also continued to look at her fellow badger to make sure he wasn't acting crazy. It seemed despite the idea of having a strange looking figure begin speaking and showing itself the boy found his own emotional and mental problems more pressing than his physical. He pressed the point once again about how he could gain the hearts of people and to that the White Fox just laughed. He ended with a sigh and pointed towards the girl as he spoke.

"Maybe I'm not the one you should be asking, but someone who is still standing by your side even after an unknown person has just appeared before you wearing a mask. If you have to try to gain someone's friendship it likely is not worth it. Friends are that because they like who you truly are and no other reason. Also maybe you should try asking some of the others in your situation who are older. You're not the first muggle born students to attend this school and not the first to be discriminated against, and yet they all seem to have done quite well for themselves."

With that the masked figure gave a low bow to both students and drew out from his small bag around his belt the long white staff. With a whispered spell the White Fox slammed the staff on the ground and was sent soaring into the air and out towards the castle. The shadows engulfed him and just as he had appeared the White Fox had left just as quietly and just as quickly.

User Image

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 3:20 pm

Ariana Hawthorne

User Image
§ M I L Σ ツ
it looks good on you.

When the masked figure pointed towards Ariana, her heart began to beat extremely hard, and it felt like it was about to pop out of her chest. Instead of focusing on what he was saying, Ariana focused on what he was doing and what he looked like. Maybe he's some kind of samurai fox? she wondered, eyeing him up and down. After he bowed, he drew out a long staff. "Steele!" she yelled, thinking the masked man was about to attack either one of them, but instead, he pushed off the ground with his staff and flew off into the distance.

wearing

The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 35 36 37 38 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces