Welcome to Gaia! ::

GGN Moderators' Guild - NOW OPEN

Back to Guilds

We are a guild of Captains, Vice Captains, and Crew helping out those of similar rank in need and working with developers to improve guilds. 

Tags: Captain, Vice Captain, Crew 

Reply Resources & Discussion
Proposal for using guild treasure-WE HAVE AN UPDATE!!!! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How can we write this up...
...so he will actually do if for us?
100%
 100%  [ 63 ]
Total Votes : 63

Shaoilin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:49 pm
Regarding real-world situation about moving subforums:

I run a B/C thread that has an accompanying guild. We are a wolf RP and subforums have been assigned for each pack that's created to have their own posting space. Unfortunately as people fall inactive, we clean out the forums to allow them to be reused, but it creates a mess especially if we need to make another forum that is actually for management to use instead of for RP. It just looks really messy. :C We have things labeled as such:

Two legger camp (OOC stuff)
The 'insert name' Pack (RP)
The Badlands (OOC stuff)
The Medicine Man's Hut (OOC stuff)

We would like to be able to put all the OOC stuff in a row and then all the RP stuff together. I hope that makes sense.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:07 pm
Well I would agree that this will be an awesome idea but i also see the view points of how it could go wrong like a noob creating a new guild and stealing ppl's gold for himself

I would imagine it to be like the "keys" to the russian soviet warhead having two lead members both agreeing to one use of the main treasury.

And also, since gaia has become serious with security im guessing that he security to the guild treasury will be all the more important to protect also. We dont need a plastic lock for the safe of forknox as an example. hacking has become less of a issue over the pass few days im guessing well atleast in my area but I know there are still some who can hack a guild if they were desperate enough for the gold on the other side.  

Mercury the Dragon

Interstellar Dragon

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:55 am
Guardian Nuregami
Well I would agree that this will be an awesome idea but i also see the view points of how it could go wrong like a noob creating a new guild and stealing ppl's gold for himself

I would imagine it to be like the "keys" to the russian soviet warhead having two lead members both agreeing to one use of the main treasury.

And also, since gaia has become serious with security im guessing that he security to the guild treasury will be all the more important to protect also. We dont need a plastic lock for the safe of forknox as an example. hacking has become less of a issue over the pass few days im guessing well atleast in my area but I know there are still some who can hack a guild if they were desperate enough for the gold on the other side.

We all agree that nothing is foolproof in the virtual world, however, we have thought of some really good safeguards and that's the best we can do. And if by some chance the guild is hacked, like any other account on Gaia, we would report it. The guild mule was hacked about 3 yrs ago, and it took Gaia admins about 2 days to restore the gold that was taken. I say we are pretty safe here,  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:45 am
Guardian Nuregami

I REALLY like this idea.

The idea of two of the guilds leaders having to approve anything done with the guild funds is actually a very good solution to my concerns.  

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200

OneOfLittleHarmony

Assimilated Millionaire

12,275 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:52 pm
Panagrammic

Why make it public then?

Quote:
-Captain can set a public guild to block outside posters.

Generally this suggestion is that the captain can set a portion of a guild to public posting, and a portion to private posting. e.g. one subforum is private, the rest public.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:57 pm
Pilotslover
Guardian Nuregami

I REALLY like this idea.

The idea of two of the guilds leaders having to approve anything done with the guild funds is actually a very good solution to my concerns.

Yes, but in a guild the Captain is supposed to be like Louis the XIV and running around screaming "L'ÉTAT, C'EST MOI!!!!!!!!!!! (I AM THE STATE!!!!!!!!!!!)" i.e. they have absolute power and responsibility.  

OneOfLittleHarmony

Assimilated Millionaire

12,275 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Millionaire 200

Alphoria Nemesis

Quotable Genius

6,150 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:39 am
If You Have A New Guild And Have Gold In Another Guild, Somehow Be Able To Tranfer Gold&Subs.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:58 am
In reference to the blocking outsiders from posting, I think it was referring to banning individuals who aren't members in a public guild.

For example, I'm Vice-Captain of an LGBT guild. As a result, some times we get people posting in our guild saying nasty things we don't like and we've been fortunate so far that they've all been members and we can just ban them. However, since our guild is public, and we'd like to keep it that way, it is susceptible to a non-member posting and then we have no way of keeping that person from posting again, aside from deleting their posts.  

iMito

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:39 am
OneOfLittleHarmony

Yes, but in a guild the Captain is supposed to be like Louis the XIV and running around screaming "L'ÉTAT, C'EST MOI!!!!!!!!!!! (I AM THE STATE!!!!!!!!!!!)" i.e. they have absolute power and responsibility.

Yes and look how THAT went! wink (Totally not thinking of Bioshock right now ... much, that went the same way!)

I see no good reason why two people shouldn't be required to finalise all activity with the guild funds; the captain makes the 'trade' so to speak whilst their second in command oversees it.

iMito - That's what I took it as too. It's a way to stopping problem people without closing the whole guild off to outside members.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:23 pm
Okay IDK if it's too late to post this idea or not and forgive me if I'm putting this in the wrong place but I've never posted in this guild even though I've been a part of it for a long time.

I propose that the guild treasury can be used to pay for the three (10k) and seven (20k) friend chat that Gaia just came out with. By allowing this then guild members could chip in for guild wide events and it would help crew members with brainstorming. Now this idea needs to be refined of course but I thought I'd put my two cents in anyway. Quote me for a faster response.  

Kenocka

Invisible Survivor

9,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Survivor 150

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:17 am
Kenocka
Okay IDK if it's too late to post this idea or not and forgive me if I'm putting this in the wrong place but I've never posted in this guild even though I've been a part of it for a long time.

I propose that the guild treasury can be used to pay for the three (10k) and seven (20k) friend chat that Gaia just came out with. By allowing this then guild members could chip in for guild wide events and it would help crew members with brainstorming. Now this idea needs to be refined of course but I thought I'd put my two cents in anyway. Quote me for a faster response.

It's a good idea to use the new chat feature for guilds, but the problem we will have is using the guild treasury to pay for it. Right now, the guild mule would have to open the chatroom. And we would need to be sure that everyone knows the chatroom is open. It could be a good thing if we could get Panagrammic in a chatroom and have him ask us questions about the proposal, but we need to set it up a few days in advance so as many people as possible can get there. With some of our people in Europe, and with 3 time zones in the greater USA, it might be a little difficult, but a possibility. Again- the problem for guild chats- how is the treasury going to pay for it?  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:19 am
mamarita
Kenocka

It's a good idea to use the new chat feature for guilds, but the problem we will have is using the guild treasury to pay for it. Right now, the guild mule would have to open the chatroom.

Well, that's why we're trying to get things changed right? So that the treasury can be used for other things than just buying subforums and sending announcements.
mamarita
And we would need to be sure that everyone knows the chatroom is open.

Sending out announcements is a good way to let members know that something is going on in a guild. It gets my attention anyway. If the members choose to ignore it then posting an announcment in the main forum with something that will grab your attention isn't a bad idea.
mamarita
It could be a good thing if we could get Panagrammic in a chatroom and have him ask us questions about the proposal, but we need to set it up a few days in advance so as many people as possible can get there. With some of our people in Europe, and with 3 time zones in the greater USA, it might be a little difficult, but a possibility. Again- the problem for guild chats- how is the treasury going to pay for it?

Well why not have Panagrammic keep posting in here? Everyone can see his responses and post back. I would assume that the treasury would pay for a guild-wide chat room the same way they pay for announcements and subforums.  

Kenocka

Invisible Survivor

9,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Survivor 150

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:40 am
Kenocka
mamarita
Kenocka

It's a good idea to use the new chat feature for guilds, but the problem we will have is using the guild treasury to pay for it. Right now, the guild mule would have to open the chatroom.

Well, that's why we're trying to get things changed right? So that the treasury can be used for other things than just buying subforums and sending announcements.
mamarita
And we would need to be sure that everyone knows the chatroom is open.

Sending out announcements is a good way to let members know that something is going on in a guild. It gets my attention anyway. If the members choose to ignore it then posting an announcment in the main forum with something that will grab your attention isn't a bad idea.
mamarita
It could be a good thing if we could get Panagrammic in a chatroom and have him ask us questions about the proposal, but we need to set it up a few days in advance so as many people as possible can get there. With some of our people in Europe, and with 3 time zones in the greater USA, it might be a little difficult, but a possibility. Again- the problem for guild chats- how is the treasury going to pay for it?

Well why not have Panagrammic keep posting in here? Everyone can see his responses and post back. I would assume that the treasury would pay for a guild-wide chat room the same way they pay for announcements and subforums.

Thanks for your input- that is exactly what I was saying- and hoping that Pan will read it. He does stop by and read what we are posting. I will send him a PM and see if a chatroom would be a good idea to him so we can talk to him directly about all of these ideas!  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:10 pm
mamarita
Thanks for your input- that is exactly what I was saying- and hoping that Pan will read it. He does stop by and read what we are posting. I will send him a PM and see if a chatroom would be a good idea to him so we can talk to him directly about all of these ideas!

Maybe a short bulleted list of what we want followed by an equally brief explanation of its uses would be a good idea? Keep it between ten and twenty bullets and put it in two to three posts if you have to get wordy.  

Kenocka

Invisible Survivor

9,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Survivor 150

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:30 am
I wouldn't be able to attend ... these things always get held at really UK unfriendly times!

Oh well, as long as I get something along the lines of blitz cleaning I'm happy.  
Resources & Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff